You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1just advise from an old man.. Empty just advise from an old man.. Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:50 pm

jonsey

jonsey
I do try and pass on knowledge from having just lived a long time.. This time around: let me talk ''money'' ... Remember never more appetite than money and ''excepting emergencies such as illnesses which takes all bets off the table''.. you will always be in the black.. I was 25 years old before there was really such a thing as credit.. With that said I have years ago gone back to '''if i don't have the money i go without till I do'' hard?? no not really when you think of interest is nothing but flushing money away.. Now i am not here to step on any toes i am here to make conversation best way i know how.. any comments or questions on this subject i will be checking.... I spent most of my life struggling ''trying to keep the wolf away from the door'' while raising a family... Later in life much later i have become wealthy but i have not forgotten one thing about living from pay check to pay check.. I just try to point out things i have learned... My learning as i have said is from living and that is it in a nutshell....

2just advise from an old man.. Empty Re: just advise from an old man.. Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:12 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Good post Jonesy,I am not wealthy, I to have struggled for a long time! but I am now comfortable~

3just advise from an old man.. Empty Re: just advise from an old man.. Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:52 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
one thing i tryed to do is not put my overtime i worked into my budget, or checking account, a few times i did but i tryed to put overtime into savings, i rarely had to finance a car, and if i did it was for a very short time, i dont live paycheck to paycheck but i work with ppl that do,,, it amazes me because they are young , and i know i have been there and u dont have to do it that way, but i will say then i had a wife that worked, and that made it easier, im comfortable, but building my retirement back as my divorce she had the retirement , and she kept it but i got the house thats paid for, , so it was about even,i have had the same credit card since 92 and not one month, not one have i failed to pay off the balance, i dont believe in paying interest. like throwing it up a wild hogs ass, lol, i only wish interest rates were up where i could make some interest, like my dad did back in the Jimmy Carter days,

4just advise from an old man.. Empty retirement and other things Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:32 pm

jonsey

jonsey
Great post Rosco.. Good deal you right on target.. Like i said '''no that was on something else''' anyway i have been married 53 years and never thought of leaving my wife.. In fact i told her if she left i was going with her and if she died first i was going to run in to our house and ''lock all the doors'' Jonsey is plagued with bad luck.. Latest example.. I just came in from spending the whold morning in ''the doctors office'' yesterday afternoon my wife had instructed me to ''pressure wash'' the bird bath.. That is what I hava a ''handy man for''' but it was such a small job I decided ''I would do it myself''' now as time goes on and i post more you will get a chuckle out of that... '''I am renouned for not being able to do anything'' All my life i have been in ''management'' hiring and firing ''''much harder thatn working'' that is yet another story... anyway i hook up the pressure washer to the hose get everythign set and move to turn on the faucet.. a misqueto 'sp' i can't spell cat.. buzed up to my left ear.. Pow i slaped him right on my ear.. There went the ''old ear drum''' Well, if that had not happened something else will.. My wife won't allow me to hold a paint brush or take a single step up a ladder... I told her i have a 3', 4', 6' 8' and 12 foot ladders and not allowed to use any of them... If this bores you all you need do is say so... like i say i am new at this... jonsey

5just advise from an old man.. Empty Re: just advise from an old man.. Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:01 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
lol. i could not survive if i did not do the work around the house, i got the ladder out yesterday to to put in a new quartz halogen bulb in the corner light on the house, but the bulb connection on the end is bad, so i will have to get a new one and do it on the 4th when i get back from the lake, i put those up, when i painted last, the house had regular spot lights, or flood lights, but i put up the halogen ones, the fixture was even white like i painted the eves of the house, i spray painted most of my house except for triming, but i had some time ,,, im not looking forward to painting it again but its getting close, but i dont roof, i did some at the lake when my dad was alive ,, we did on a porch we added, but me and son in law now have put a metal roof on the lake place, well take care,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]