You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1chit chat on kentucky,  Empty chit chat on kentucky, Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:10 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well this should be in sports i guess, but i missed the first cup race to be in kentucky on the track i guess its new, or close to new, not sure what part its in . but i did watch the highlight video on nascar.com it was a afternoon turn to night race, i like to watch racing under the lights, but as i have said, my heros dont race anymore, i like dale JR but he is not doing that well now,, take care,

2chit chat on kentucky,  Empty Re: chit chat on kentucky, Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:16 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
My favorite NASCAR driver is Jeff Gordon.

3chit chat on kentucky,  Empty Re: chit chat on kentucky, Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:17 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i also like jeff gordon, not more that little E but next, i also like jimmy johnson, but davey allison ,who was my hero after bobby allison, his father quit, but davey died in a helicopter crash, he was piloting it and it was to hot a helicopter for him, he died trying to land at talladega track while it was empty, he went to the same highschool as me, and bobby i watched as a kid at our local tracks before he got into the big tracks , then called the grand nationals, and now cup racing, i even had supper with bobby when i was a kid at my uncles house, but i probably have said all this, usually all tracks are sold out, but this year i guess because of the economy, they are not sold out, but for years it has been said its the fastest growing sport in america.. many states have new tracks, one in Illinois ,and kansas city i think, is a new one,and texas are some of the latest,its not a southern thing now, Delaware, New Hampshire . and vegas and so many states have tracks florida as u know has 2 , daytona the grandaddy of then all, and homestead near miami, bama has the largest, 2.65 miles but not still not the legend Daytona is ..new york has watkins glen, a road track, and California has 2 tracks, well im rambling, take care,

4chit chat on kentucky,  Empty Re: chit chat on kentucky, Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:28 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yep, everything you said is correct. I have lived in FL all my life and never been to the Daytona 500, the Superbowl of NASCAR. They compare winning the Daytona 500 to Wimbledon in Tennis, or the Superbowl of Football. The Daytona 500 is the beginning of the racing season and is backwards to Football as the Superbowl is the last game. Daytona 500 is the first race. Wow I need to go sometime..lol I've been to Daytona Beach many times but never seen the race.

Geeze, Florida loves there sports.. lol

5chit chat on kentucky,  Empty Re: chit chat on kentucky, Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:39 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i got to see a fair amount of the kentucky race on NASCAR.COM it showed lots of the important parts, and was not to long. but i dont care for the bush brothers . and many that win now, take care, think i will take a break. and hit the couch.. check back in later,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum