You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner

gypsy

gypsy
I really do like Jimmy Buffet,I forget what you call this music? reggae?

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
that sure was a popular song, and for a long time,and a good one

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:I really do like Jimmy Buffet,I forget what you call this music? reggae?
No Jimmy Buffet is under the "POP ROCK" category. However, his music does often times have an island tropical feel to them. Its the steel drums and is sort of reggae at times, but he not reggae. He was born in Pascagoula, Mississippi, and now lives in California. He has a house in Florida too I believe. He loves Florida and a lot of his music lyrics are about Florida. Its his favorite state I guess and all Floridians love him, and adopted him as a native Floridian. He always sings songs about Florida. lol Like "Margaritaville" which is in the Key West chain of islands in FL. I've been there. Its an actual town in the chain of islands in the Florida Keys. rosco may have been there too I think I remember him saying someting about going to the keys on a vacation or something. We at lunch in Margaritaville in a nice rustic seafood joint right on the ocean shoreline. Loved it. All the islands in the Florida Keys are beautiful. We went all the way to Key West to the very end of the island chain. So nice and peaceful. Lovely place to be.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
no i have never been to the keys, only miami when a kid, what i probably said, was after training in the army, when I got home, me and a friend each bought a new motorcycle and was going to go to the keys as far as u could go on the cycles, anyway my friend tired of his and sold it to his younger brother, i sold mine too later, wish i still had it , it would have been worth a lot now, at the time in 72 it was the fastest thing out, just a 500 but 3 cyclinders, and each with its own carburetor.. and a 2 cycle, which they hardly sell now, but 2 cycles put out lots more horsepower because it fires at the top of each piston stroke, a 4 cycle as all are now, only fire every other stroke the other stroke is an exaust stroke, 2 cycles exausted thru ports, i dont know about seadoos, but some may still be 2 stroke, mine was,not sure what most outboard boat motors are now, my son in laws 90 honda on his fishing boat is a 4 stroke, the government was pushing for 4 stroke as they are less polluting take care

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum