You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
this says new but i think it was posted in 2010 there also is another one that i will post on that i dont know if its newer or not but i think the same capability but a shoulder fired weapon,be sure to know the first one he fires is not the new weapon, the second one is,

2US Latest Technology - XM307 Advanced Crew Served Weapon  Empty XM-25 Demonstration Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:29 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
basically, i think this smaller weapon uses the same round, and u put the lazer on the wall or building and the lazer tells u the distance, then u add like 2 meters . then move it so u can aim at window or over a wall, the round goes off 2 meters after it goes through a window or over a wall, these are not new vids, i think this weapon is already deployed .

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
That is great tech and I'm glad we are using it. But if I was in the Military I would rather take a shot from a Jet. F-14 works for me. But if I had a choice I'd prefer to fight the war in a Jet. However having said that, if I had my choice of a position in the Military I would like to be a cook on a Air Craft Carrier. They are like huge cities. That would be less dangerous and actually kinda nice, like a luxurious cruse ship. Its first class all the way. All high tech.

As you know the jet pilots come back to the ships every few hours and land on the ship and they go to sleep in their beds every night. They eat very good food and live a pretty good life. But a few hours a day a jet pilot will have to go to work and preform his scheduled flight run and maybe bomb his targets he was assigned to bomb and comes back to the ship. Then eats and goes to bed.

But if I had to fight and I had no choice but to be armed and fight the enemy, I would prefer to be a Fighter Jet Pilot.

Considering my age I should probably just fix dinners.. lol

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well i cooked for a few years in the guard, its not an easy job, had to get up at 2 am to serve a 5 am breakfast, i was on 24 and off 24 unless we were in the woods in our truck and mobile kitchen which was much harder, but on a carrier, they may have more cooks and a better schedule, but still the kitchen had a certain smell i learned to not like, it was alot of work, i had rather sit in a tech chair and watch and run some kinda of techie screen and controls, , lol,,, take care . i worked for 20 years with an electrician that learned his trade during vietnam in the navy on a ship,

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Oh yeah I'd rather be at a computer too. I should have mentioned that. But as far as fighting goes I'll take a jet. But I would prefer to be running a computer.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
yep those 2 weapons, are infantry weapons, that is grunt work, something most ppl dont want to be doing, but some do, i had rather learn something techie that i could use in a furture job, i would love to fly jets, many military jet pilots fly for airline companies now as pilots . like american airlines and twa, etc, but learned their trade in the military and pilots as my cousins husband was a jet pilot and retired as a LT col. at the age of about 50 something and has a great retirement,

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yes a lot of military pilots are still working today as pilots like you mentioned. Also some helicopter pilots that flew in Vietnam went on to fly helicopters for news stations, give traffic reports..etc.

I got to post this again. These are F-14 Jets but I'm sure you know that. They are retired now been replaced by a newer jet, but we still have these and they can still be used if needed. I love this jet. I like the two burners it has. Now it seems they are using a single burner, but I know the newer jets are better. That's a given.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum