You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1On Eric Holder Empty On Eric Holder Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:58 pm

I won't try to demonize Holder but I became aware of Holder's activities LONG before I ever heard of Barak Obama. He was a public servant known for his disreputable actions,not his public service.

(Wiki) Holder has expressed some regret over his handling of the Rich pardon, stating "I wish I had done some things differently with regard to the Marc Rich matter. Specifically, I wish that I had ensured that the Department of Justice was more fully informed and involved in this pardon process", and called his own actions a "mistake"' (Marc Rich was a mega drug dealer under indictment by the Feds who had escaped to the Bahamas)

"Holder was also involved in Clinton's decision to reduce the criminal sentences of 16 members of the Boricua Popular Army, an organization that has been categorized by the FBI as a terrorist organization. The clemency request was initially opposed in 1996 by U.S. Pardons Attorney Margaret Love. When Holder was elevated to Deputy Attorney General in 1997, he was asked to reexamine the issue by three members of Congress. In July 1999, Holder recommended clemency to Clinton with a report from then U.S. Pardons Attorney Roger Adams that neither supported nor opposed clemency. A month later, Clinton granted clemency. According to The Hartford Courant, the grant of clemency was unusual because it was opposed by the FBI, the federal prosecutor and the victims. According to the newspaper, it was also unusual because before the commutations, the Boricua Popular Army members were not required to repudiate their actions and were not asked to provide any information concerning the whereabouts of Victor Manuel Gerena, a co-conspirator and one of the FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitives, or the millions of dollars stolen by the group in a 1983 robbery of Wells Fargo in West Hartford, Connecticut"

Holder is clearly a law enforcement functionary who cares little for the law. He not only approved of the Clinton bribe, but acting as bag-man, hand delivered the $300,000 cash pay-off in a suitcase.

Now he is purveying his racial politics in the Justice Department but that has little to do with his present troubles. It seems he just fucked up and dropped the ball. These things happen but his very public effort to lie his way out of these problems is typical.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum