You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1First World Empty First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:13 pm

gypsy

gypsy
A first World country is judged by how it treats its most vulnerable citizens.

2First World Empty Re: First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:45 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
You seem to be on some kind of political quest. Are you running for office?? lmao

3First World Empty Re: First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:54 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Do me a favor Gypsy, don't create "New Topics" for one liner posts. Thanks

If you are trying to bury other peoples topics by doing this I am noticing it. Don't do that.

I'm going to pray for a moment, :: Why Lord why, am I always struggling to keep Gypsy in line???

4First World Empty Re: First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:31 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Oh the Lord answered me!!! He said and I quote: Its because Gypsy has a political agenda, she wants to denounce all Republicans in favor of her party the Democrats. She feels its her duty to do so.

I replied to God and I quote:: Oh Ok, what is your stance God, what party do you favor?

God replied: I don't have a party I favor more than another or a country I favor more than another. I want you all to just get along. Love one another, teach one another. And above all, help each other to understand that life is what you make of it, and helping one another is my way.

5First World Empty Re: First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:06 pm

You wrote: "helping one another is my way"

Will you make my car payments?

6First World Empty Re: First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:12 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
meemoon wrote:You wrote: "helping one another is my way"

Will you make my car payments?
Ask God I'm just quoting him..lol

7First World Empty Re: First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:16 pm

gypsy

gypsy
runawayhorses wrote:Oh the Lord answered me!!! He said and I quote: Its because Gypsy has a political agenda, she wants to denounce all Republicans in favor of her party the Democrats. She feels its her duty to do so.

I replied to God and I quote:: Oh Ok, what is your stance God, what party do you favor?

God replied: I don't have a party I favor more than another or a country I favor more than another. I want you all to just get along. Love one another, teach one another. And above all, help each other to understand that life is what you make of it, and helping one another is my way.
yes i have a political agenda to work with our president in solving problems not putting him down and creating discord like the whinny babies I see doing that. we need to work together not tear down.

8First World Empty Re: First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:23 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:yes i have a political agenda to work with our president in solving problems not putting him down and creating discord like the whinny babies I see doing that. we need to work together not tear down.
God wants you to put away your swords.

God said and I quote: "When you come to the edge of all the light you have known, and are about to step out into darkness, Faith is knowing one of two things will happen There will be something to stand on, or you will be taught to fly."

God told me to tell you Gypsy he wants you to Fly! You have the freedom to be yourself, your true self, here and now, and nothing can stand in your way!

9First World Empty Re: First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:33 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Thank you Tyler, I like that thought, I am me,myself, and I, all true . I hope someday to soar like an Eagle, but until that time,I have lots of work to do on self improvement:)

10First World Empty Re: First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:40 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
To begin with you've got to understand that a person is an unlimited idea of freedom, an image of God, and your whole body is nothing more than your thought itself.

11First World Empty Re: First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:55 pm

gypsy

gypsy
yes true, our body is just a shell to hold all the important things like our heart,soul.,and brain.
love is a wonderful tool, I will try to work harder to make it work~ :)

12First World Empty Re: First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:03 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
OK First World 67629

13First World Empty Re: First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:28 pm

gypsy

gypsy
didn't want to start a new topic so I put this here, I like this quote, it is not a reflection on any of my friends.:)

There comes a point in life when you get tired of chasing everyone and trying to fix everything. It is not giving up. It is realizing you don't need certain people and the drama they bring. - Unknown

14First World Empty Re: First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:08 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:yes i have a political agenda to work with our president in solving problems not putting him down and creating discord like the whinny babies I see doing that. we need to work together not tear down.
well like it or not, its this way every election. democrates do the same thing to republican presidents, its way to close to the election to pass anything that may make the power in the oval office look good, they will actually pass things they know the power in the oval office will veto, if they can get it through congress, i remember the dems doing that to president bush senior. like a raise in the minimum raise, for example, i remember and knew exactly the reason they were doing it, i think i have my president and time frame correct, but the dems controlled congress when it happened, i saw it happen,, so its way to close to an election for kiss and make up, its all out war, and always has been when an election grows close... dont expect any bills to pass some may, but basically gridlock, this is nothing new,and it happens on both sides of the ball,

15First World Empty Re: First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:24 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I disagree with that theory

16First World Empty Re: First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:51 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
its not a theory it happened, i watched it happen, and its the only thing that makes sense at election time, one side is not just going to give an election away.

17First World Empty Re: First World Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:54 pm

gypsy

gypsy
no that is true, but the pugs play dirtier politics. I have seen that,Fact!

18First World Empty Re: First World Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:05 am

You wrote: " it happens on both sides of the ball"

You seem to have a good memory on this Roscoe and it doesn't surprise me that you do,so,tell me, was Bush telling Congress to pass a bill his own party leadership had cancelled (tabled)? Is it fair and/or honest for Obama to call this a "do nothing Congress" when Reid has stopped all debate and voting on Obama's jobs bill? Is it just manoevering for the House Repubs to insist on voting on a bill and thus express Congress' legislative duty? When Reid tabled the bill and shut off all debate, who is "locking the grid"? WHEN did it happen on "both sides of the ball"?

19First World Empty Re: First World Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:18 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well i said i may have my time frame off, all i remember was the dems were passing small bills that republicans could not support so the dems would have to have the majority in congress, but bills that sounded good like a raise in minimum wage or bills like that, and it was vetoed, and it was really close to the election, just a few months away, all i remember knowing it would be vetoed, it was passed to help i think clinton get elected, i think thats the time frame, that would be correct if at that time the dems had the majority in congress, but i dont have time to research it, i just remember thinking thats why congress is doing this for election purposes, knowing it would be vetoed,, thats all i remember, i just figure both sides do it , i could be wrong, and it could have been a one time thing,

20First World Empty Re: First World Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:40 am

Roscoe wrote: "i just figure both sides do it.."

Do what?

A Democratic controlled Congress passes a bill that they are sure the prez will veto? Are you saying Obama would veto his own "jobs" bill? The situations are totally different. Obama-Reid KNOW that their bill will NOT pass and are trying to thwart the public will. For Obama to mouth off about a "do nothing" Congress when he and Reid have made it impossible to "do" anything on the bill is typical liberal dishonesty. It is LYING. Please tell us when Bush (or any past pres.) did the same thing.

21First World Empty Re: First World Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:04 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
no im not talking about the jobs bill , that was not even in my mind,thats a dem bill it would have to be a republican bill, and now that i think of it, i doubt the GOP side would do what i described, because the dems would jump on passing things like raise the minimum wage and so it worked because the few bills they passed 41 vetoed looked good to ppl,and i think was real close to the election date. but it would not work in reverse, the GOP would not pass that type bill. obama would sign it, but bush 41 vetoed those type bills, plus now nothing from either side can make it through the senate, i probably miss spoke when i said both sides do it, and its been so long i dont remember the handfull of laws they had him veto, what happened then only can happen when things line up perfect,

22First World Empty Re: First World Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:59 am

rosco 357 wrote:no im not talking about the jobs bill , that was not even in my mind,thats a dem bill it would have to be a republican bill, and now that i think of it, i doubt the GOP side would do what i described, because the dems would jump on passing things like raise the minimum wage and so it worked because the few bills they passed 41 vetoed looked good to ppl,and i think was real close to the election date. but it would not work in reverse, the GOP would not pass that type bill. obama would sign it, but bush 41 vetoed those type bills, plus now nothing from either side can make it through the senate, i probably miss spoke when i said both sides do it, and its been so long i dont remember the handfull of laws they had him veto, what happened then only can happen when things line up perfect,
OK, I guess I'm clear on that. It is routine for any pres to veto bills after he said he would do so if Congress passed it anyway. I would and you would. BUT, to advocate a bill and then engineer it's freeze so nobody can vote on it and THEN BLAME those who said they won't vote for it, is denying the only function of the vote. Is it Obama who is saying "pass my bill or nothing gets done"? That's not deadlock. That is legislative sabotage. It absolutely amazes me that he can away with this.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum