You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1James Brown Empty James Brown Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:58 am

Aha! Something non-political! I just heard that James Beown got an award from my home state of (wonderful) Georgia. So, I wanna blather about James Brown.

We saw James Brown in concert 3 times. It was in Ponce De Leon Park in Atlanta. It was an incrediblw performance each time. I know, I know, just more wandering in the past by an old idiot. But it is my firm belief that if any normal young person could be transported back in time to one of those shows, in that time. in that place, their reaction would be: OMG! WTF was THAT? In a 95% black audience (we kinda stood out) you would see the crowd go from rapt silence to a bottle throwing mania in seconds. He died a few years ago and he has not been,nor can he be, replaced.

2James Brown Empty Re: James Brown Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:53 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I didn't know you were born in Georgia. I like Georgia very nice state.

I never got to see James Brown live in concert, but of course I've seen video footage. I liked him too a great Entertainer.

Howard Stern used to have a TV show on the E network station every Friday night, It was called the "Howard Stern Interview" and he had James Brown as his interview guest one night. It was hilarious. At the beginning of the interview Howard said to James "I hope you don't mind that I brought a language interpreter along with me for this Interview because quite frankly James I can't understand a word you say" lol And that set the stage. Every now and then Howard would turn to the interpreter and ask "what did James just say??".. It was a great interview and they were friends it was obvious they liked each other.

3James Brown Empty Re: James Brown Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:59 am

He would drop to kis knees in a breakdown and his "helpers" would throw his cape over him and "help" him off-stage, BUT...he would suddenly reverse his movement,return to the mic, and start again. The audience would howl.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum