You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Small towns Empty Small towns Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:48 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I have noticed here,in our rural area , Mayfield and Paducah,, and my trip to EP Missouri this past weekend,the economy is still thriving~where road work on bridges, and construction work, were going on everywhere.

2Small towns Empty Re: Small towns Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:05 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah people are still working, but its a mathematical fact the economy is doing poorly. You can't possibly deny that, can you?

Here's my analogy on the United States Economy.

The United States economy is in a hole that no one can foresee a way out of. No one personally has the answers. Financially the US ruined. Can we get out of it? Yes we can. But it will take 20 or more years. That's an estimate. The problem is no one has a definitive answer on how to fix it. All I know is, if its ever going to get done. Its going to take many, many years. We could easily have another War before the economy is back on track. Easily. Then we go into deeper debt. Its a non-ending cycle. No one can foresee a fix. But what we must do no matter what, is keep out Military on top or we have nothing.

So vote for whatever president you want, it ain't gonna make a damn bit of difference.

And that's my view.

3Small towns Empty Re: Small towns Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:51 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I disagree Tyler who you vote for does make a difference have you listened/watched, to the eight candidates that are running for the Republican nomination? they are ignorantly/stupid My Vote!! Obama 2012., guess you knew that already! Laughing

4Small towns Empty Re: Small towns Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:25 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Tyler, you made a very important post and right on the head. Our economy is failing in record amounts. There are a few token jobs some were arranged to start long before Obama got into office, I am to the point I am disgusted with both sides, a President condoning riots, destruction, civil disobedience. If the problem is Wall Street then get off your laurels, stop complaining and playing golf and do your job. He was elected by the people and for the people so after 1000 days it is time to man up and take charge and stop listening to Soros, unions and the big contributors. On the other side who gives a shit if you are Mormon or a pizza entrepreneur and pore day late and a dollar Roemer might as well save his time and effort he is a loser from jump. This whole thing boils down to WHO is capable of turning around this country and it better be done fast. With our credit rating falling, now tiffing with China, stock market unstable and god forbid sending troops to Africa..what the hell are we doing in Africa ? Unemployment-borders-Social Security -oil and gas production these are the crucial issues.

5Small towns Empty Re: Small towns Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:31 pm

gypsy

gypsy
gypsy wrote:I disagree Tyler who you vote for does make a difference have you listened/watched, to the eight candidates that are running for the Republican nomination? they are ignorantly/stupid My Vote!! Obama 2012., guess you knew that already! Laughing
I also support occupy wall street and the protest's as long as they are peaceful remember the protests on racial equality,viet nam help for veterans? all started with protests! Go Obama and occupy wallstreet/ We the people will unite for the Good of America..

6Small towns Empty Re: Small towns Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:03 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Also bring all troops home on both wars!!

I tried to quote on last topic,didn't work.,so the last part vote for who you want? I don't agree: yes if republican win we will be at war forever//

7Small towns Empty Re: Small towns Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:48 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:Also bring all troops home on both wars!!
So you don't approve of the wars we've fought. You don't think we should be anywhere right now except the US. We should just "take care of our own". Lets just drop everything and go have a picnic. That doesn't work Gypsy in today's world. We will probably always be fighting somewhere in the world for a very long time. Its not likely to end. We have to fight. You are not facing that reality.

8Small towns Empty Re: Small towns Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:52 pm

gypsy

gypsy
both wars were not necessary/I do believe in troops to protect,an necessary wars .
does that explain?

9Small towns Empty Re: Small towns Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:59 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote: both wars were not necessary/I do believe in troops to protect,an necessary wars .
does that explain?
It somewhat explains your view but other than that its totally wrong. Every war the United States has been involved in was necessary. All of them. If you want to pretend everything is fine in the world go right ahead. The fact is we need military power over everyone else. We must dominate the world militarily. And we do.

The wars we fight all have a meaning and a purpose. We cannot stop and go have a picnic like you want us to. I know that's what you want but we can't afford to let our guard down. Not even for one of your picnics. We must fight at all times. The world is at war at all times. We must dominate it. Rule it. Take over for our own benefit.

10Small towns Empty Re: Small towns Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:12 pm

T wrote: "The world is at war at all times. We must dominate it. Rule it. Take over for our own benefit"

This is the cold reality. In a perfect world we wouldn't need to waste our money and lives for some of these shit-hole nations. But now that the Soviets are no more, we are the last bear in the bear-baiting pen.

11Small towns Empty Re: Small towns Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:47 am

gypsy

gypsy
runawayhorses wrote:
gypsy wrote:Also bring all troops home on both wars!!
So you don't approve of the wars we've fought. You don't think we should be anywhere right now except the US. We should just "take care of our own". Lets just drop everything and go have a picnic. That doesn't work Gypsy in today's world. We will probably always be fighting somewhere in the world for a very long time. Its not likely to end. We have to fight. You are not facing that reality.
no every war was not ..Two wars started by bush,repugs like war..you know Tyler,peace is better than war, rather our country be at war?PEACE!! two wars were necessary.
I do not support War! unless absolutely necessary

12Small towns Empty Re: Small towns Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:01 am

gypsy

gypsy
gypsy wrote: both wars were not necessary/I do believe in troops to protect,an necessary wars .
does that explain?
war should not be the first option

13Small towns Empty Re: Small towns Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:28 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Tyler any clear thinking person must recognize WW1-WW2-Korean War-Viet-Nam War- Operation Desert Storm- Operation Iraqi Freedom were all done with one purpose, to protect and defend. They exercised our rights to end terrorism and Communist control on the unwilling victims. You are right we will always be at war in one way or another.
I am trying to get a clear view why Obama just put boots on the ground in Africa but time will tell, could it be he is ready to involve us in a another war ?

14Small towns Empty Re: Small towns Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:05 am

gypsy

gypsy
my last voice on this subject, which I started with small towns I have been in look like they are progressing better and maybe are pulling out of the recession. how it got on war I don't know, since it did I believe we should have military,of course I don't live in a dream world as Tyler keeps saying,and no I don't think we should all have a picnic, but it would be nice LOL I think the viet Nam iraq afghan wars were,and are not necessary. we will always have terrorism,after eight years in war ,what has it gained us?

15Small towns Empty Re: Small towns Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:12 pm

SSC wrote:Tyler any clear thinking person must recognize WW1-WW2-Korean War-Viet-Nam War- Operation Desert Storm- Operation Iraqi Freedom were all done with one purpose, to protect and defend. They exercised our rights to end terrorism and Communist control on the unwilling victims. You are right we will always be at war in one way or another.
I am trying to get a clear view why Obama just put boots on the ground in Africa but time will tell, could it be he is ready to involve us in a another war ?
I have no doubt this is not just about helping women and children but will wait to comment. On our war history: I believe that every admin that entered us into a war felt it was necessary at the time.

The Civil War, started by Democrats in the South, was probably necessary to end slavery.

The Spanish-American War according to Wiki: "political pressures from the Democratic Party pushed the government of President William McKinley, a Republican, into a war McKinley had wished to avoid". I don't see this war as necessary but we got a lot of territory.

WW I was purely a Democratic (Wilson) enterprise but it was necessary if we didn't want a German Europe.

WW II was secretly engaged by Democrat Roosevelt and later openly prosecuted after Japan attacked us. That war seems absolutely necessary.

The Korean War, a Democrat/Truman/UN "police action" may have been necessary but I dunno.

Vietnam was an action like we see being entered into now in Africa. "Advisors" becoming "support personnel" becoming main battle troops in the hundreds of thousands. I don't think it was necessary but I guess Kennedy and Johnson, Democrats, were just following Demo practice of entering wars when things go sour at home.

Bosnia: Clinton had 22,500 troops in bosnia saving people who hate our guts. Unecessary and stupid.

Desert Storm, our first Republican led effort, in 150 years, was as necessary as preventing Sadam from annexing Kuwait, attacking Saudi Arabia, and establishing hegemony in the oil fields. It was ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Afghanistan. Necessary but nation building was NOT on the menu.

Iraq. If the purpose was to end Saddam's war plans and his targeting our planes in the "no fly" zones, it obviously worked. But again, nation building was not on the menu as far as the American people were concerned.

The facts stated are history but the opinions are purely mine.

16Small towns Empty Re: Small towns Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:06 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I can't argue with that moon, it makes sense. I will retract my statement "Every war the United States has been involved in was necessary".

I will agree with this: "I believe that every admin that entered us into a war felt it was necessary at the time."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum