You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Beer Empty Beer Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Being a dedicated consumer of alcohol, I am familiar with most of it's forms; cold and hot. I always denigrated beer. The drink of rednecks and Germans, right? Well, as whiskey turned my liver into pooch-food, I sought a better way, wine. I can remember getting up on a cold and clammy San Francisco morning and for 40 cents, buying and consuming a mickey (4/5 pint) of "fortified" wine. This would set my whole day. In California,a winery can add raw alcohol to their wine product until it is 20% alc. Now THAT will get you where you wanna be quick-like. Unfortunately,here in SC, the content is limited to 14%. Still, it was better than...BEER. But now that old age and accumulated infirmities have slowed me, I have embraced beer. Yep, looks like pee and tastes bad, but, it gets the job done. And I can say with no reservation, that I have NEVER drank a beer and felt the worse afterward. I have drank a big shot of bourbon or a google of Mad Dog and thusly became re-acquainted with my breakfast, but not after a bottle of ice cold you know what. Nope; break out the lager and de-louse the leiderhosen, I'm there with my Icehouse.

2Beer Empty Re: Beer Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:31 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
That's it!!!

You are a Redneck from the hills with German Descendants...very Quirky.

I use to like a drop of German SNAPPS...Use to be very high in alcohol,
good for a chesty cold.
Now they have watered it down.

Nothing like a good chemical compound....I have never been drunk.

Now!!! I would be drunk on half a glass of wine ....and my head would spin...just like my avatar.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

3Beer Empty Re: Beer Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:58 pm

My last name is Walraven and that's Dutch. Yer close. The "redneck" epithet is spot on.

4Beer Empty Re: Beer Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:22 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
meemoon wrote:My last name is Walraven and that's Dutch. Yer close. The "redneck" epithet is spot on.

Walraven of Walravens is een achternaam, voornaam en naam van een gebied. Er zijn verschillende theorieën over de herkomst van de naam.

De Aftername.....

My History is a long one ......Londerners for 300 years....Maybe Gloucestershire before!
But my Maiden name is ARKELL, a small town outside Amsterdam....
My Ancestor came over in an Amanda of ships with King William, who took over the throne in England.

My Great Grandmother was German.

5Beer Empty Re: Beer Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:56 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
I made an error..I thought she was German.....

It turned out that her surname was MRS GERMAN......

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum