You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Countdown Empty Countdown Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:15 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Love the countdown and snow effects Tyler, you are really going all out and I appreciate it very much !!! Countdown 556777

2Countdown Empty Re: Countdown Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:20 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
IF you move your mouse left or right the snow will go whichaway

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

3Countdown Empty Re: Countdown Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:49 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Thank you. The snowflakes is a JavaScript file that I downloaded to my computer then uploaded to my server, then I had to add the appropriate codes and link to it to make it work on the forum. Its was very difficult and complex, but I saw it as a challenge. :) That is the look I was going for. I wasn't satisfied with just a animated background like I had before, I wanted the snow to fall all over the home page and be higher tech. I wanted a classier look.

Yes the JavaScript snowflakes works with your mouse for added affect.. Countdown 67629

It took me the better part of the day to get it done, but it was fun doing it. The script is mine and I will use it every year from this point on. Its extremely cool and what I wanted the forum Home page to look like. You'd be surprised how much work goes into web designing. First you have to know what you're doing then implement it.

Thanks again. I love web designing. I appreciate feedback when you see something you like, that's a reward in and of itself.. Countdown 67629

4Countdown Empty Re: Countdown Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:08 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Ah Yes
I have seen people do scripting with some of the incredi creations that come through.

I have no inclination to learn it at this stage.

I have to enable scripts in incredi to be able to see the movement of say Bubbles floating down.

Bubbles can also move with the mouse

I did not know you have to download the JavaScript file for the animation.

All Clever stuff. I did not realize the snow was scripted.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

5Countdown Empty Re: Countdown Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:16 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Not only do you have to download it, you have to upload it to a sever that allows remote linking, and also a server that supports JavaScript files. My sever does. It ain't easy. But with that said I have worked with JavaScripts before so it was not new to me. I've built websites with lots of JavaScripts going on. But the snowflakes was trickier. But I knew I could do it. Just took a little time. Its not for beginners, you need to learn so much more before you attempt something like that. Then you have to have a website to use it on.

This script works with all Browsers.

6Countdown Empty Re: Countdown Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:13 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Here's a song that represents what I'm saying to you but in a web designing fashion, not music, the lyrics "I'm gonna freak this" is what I try to do in web designing... Countdown 67629

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum