You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What hobbies do you do to amuse yourself Empty What hobbies do you do to amuse yourself Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
What hobbies do you do to amuse yourself

Yep Fantastic..do these icons work..... What hobbies do you do to amuse yourself 41523

I do jigsaws....

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I don't get it either so I removed the icons. Bad idea on my part. This forum doesn't need it.

To amuse myself? I don't know. Watch TV I guess.

gypsy

gypsy
garden, maintain a reef aquarium,read,cook,play chess,scrabble,and post on here! among many others!

SSC

SSC
Admin
I collect light houses, bet race horses, go to my granddaughters ball games, work part time on storms, and play a gazillion games on facebook and other sites, plus maintain my yard and flower beds and this monstrous 13 room house and oh yes the pool.

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Flipping Heck SSC 13 rooms, I have only 11 rooms and no pool.
3 bed bungalow with small laundry room & small toilet. another room with toilet and bath but no shower.
The Lounge can be counted into two rooms because Brian built an extension 20ft x 20ft. The main bedroom the same. Brian use to build extensions amongst other jobs he has done. 60ft by 40ft garden.
The place is detached by a little bit. Also crowded with things collected over the years by Brian and myself. Brian must have 14 guitars and over 1,000 vinyl records, not to mention cassetts and dvd's.

I bet Gypsy has a Bidet. lol

SSC

SSC
Admin
I build this house in 2004, at the time I was getting my parents out of a nursing home in Missouri and bringing them to Louisiana, also my mothers sister. My dad passed before I got them here, so I had mom and my aunt, they ended up passing within 10 weeks of my dad so I had lost all three of them. The house is built totally handicapped accessable, special shower , widened doors and special flooring to keep from being worn by wheelchairs. It is five bedroom , three bathrooms. I have a huge sunroom on the back that over looks the river behind the house. I am in the process of putting it on the market, I want something smaller with a very small yard, right now I am mowing an acre. There is also a finished apartment in the back, I converted a shed into a two bed room living quarter, totally self contained. It has gotten to be to much to keep up with.

gypsy

gypsy
gypsy wrote: garden, maintain a reef aquarium,read,cook,play chess,scrabble,and post on here! among many others!
also paint,billiards,and play golf

gypsy

gypsy
Candy Cottingham wrote:Flipping Heck SSC 13 rooms, I have only 11 rooms and no pool.
3 bed bungalow with small laundry room & small toilet. another room with toilet and bath but no shower.
The Lounge can be counted into two rooms because Brian built an extension 20ft x 20ft. The main bedroom the same. Brian use to build extensions amongst other jobs he has done. 60ft by 40ft garden.
The place is detached by a little bit. Also crowded with things collected over the years by Brian and myself. Brian must have 14 guitars and over 1,000 vinyl records, not to mention cassetts and dvd's.

I bet Gypsy has a Bidet. lol
No Bidet.. bought our house in 93,was a seven room house but we have added four more rooms since then also a pool house, for the pool, next will be a hot tub.

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
A Hot Tub Gypsy?
At your age you willl get wrinkle skin. lol

I need to replace our thread bare wool & nylon carpet in the Lounge 40ft x 40ft

Mega money...but where do I put two sofa's and a Piano, very large leather armchair. Two coffee tables and gawd knows what else.
Oh! and a 50" Tele. Takes two men to move the tele.
I want Brian to throw the one sofa and a coffee table out, but marriage is a battlefield.

gypsy

gypsy
Candy Cottingham wrote:A Hot Tub Gypsy?
At your age you willl get wrinkle skin. lol

I need to replace our thread bare wool & nylon carpet in the Lounge 40ft x 40ft

Mega money...but where do I put two sofa's and a Piano, very large leather armchair. Two coffee tables and gawd knows what else.
Oh! and a 50" Tele. Takes two men to move the tele.
I want Brian to throw the one sofa and a coffee table out, but marriage is a battlefield.

Candy! wrinkles!! are inevitable at our age,,I believe your older than me.. my hot tub will steam them away,plus it is sexy!LOL

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
I have just turned 71 Gypsy
and may I ask you your age.
Yes wrinkles are aging and inevitable.
Luckerly I have a good skin, but I did have exema for 7 years
not so long ago. But not now.
So I am reluctant to wash the oils out of my skin.

Your Reef Aquarium, is that sea water.
Do you have Sea Horses Coral or sponges in the tank?

gypsy

gypsy
I am 69. I don't have severe wrinkles, I think I look good... do know a hot tub would fill good,in winter. but it would be more for hubby,than me.I can't endure real hot water, it makes me very weak and faint ..

My reef is salt water, and it is beautiful full of corals,live rock, and 12 colorful fish.

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
SSC
Do you see Alligators in the River at the back of your garden.

Do they come near the house.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Yes Candy we see alot of alligators in the river, I have half of my yard fenced off so they can't come up to close to the house. We also have coyotes, a panther has been seen in the area lately and small brown honey bears, many types of turtles raccoon and possum and armadillo also. I do live in a swamp so they just come with the territory.

Gypsy if you feel weak from the hot water it is because it is dropping your potassium level, very common and easy to fix a banana before a warm dip will correct it.

I read comics. Very Happy

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Mathias wrote:I read comics. Very Happy

Is that all

Surly you have a Hobby.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Candy to some people this is a very big hobby. I have friends that have thousands in collections. They travel all over to swap meets, there can be some very big money in comics.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I agree, I've heard of old antique comics going for big bucks. I have never been a comic book enthusiast myself but I know that a lot of people are, and for good reason. It does for some people make an excellent hobby for collecting or just reading.

JonJon

JonJon
I read physics and engineering books and build things. Lol. Other than that, I guess I just watch tv and go to school. (Yes, school is fun to me.)

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
You're one of those educated guys..lol That's good.. smile

Jelly

Jelly
I watch interior design shows, make random pointless graphics, take photos of stuff, listen to P!nk...
Those would be my major guilty pleasures ::)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum