Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Money and Politicians Empty Money and Politicians Tue May 29, 2012 11:05 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
From an E-mail no link

Rough language but she really makes her point clear

Alan Simpson, Senator from Wyoming , Co-Chair of Obama's deficit commission, calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security " to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats.

Here's a response in a letter from PATTY MYERS in Montana ... I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is!

"Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight..

1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole for FIFTY YEARS.

2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).

3 My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff proud..

4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and your ilk pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67. NOW, you and your shill commission is proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.

5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game.. Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal money from Medicare to pay the bills.

6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you incompetent bastards spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.

To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullshit" on your incompetence. Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU.

1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?

2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?

3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?

4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or, as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?

It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcases who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers. And for what? Votes. That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.

And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch .

If you like the way things are in America delete this. If you agree with what a fellow Montana citizen Patty Myers says,

2Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Wed May 30, 2012 12:42 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Wow someones pissed! I agree with being pissed about the social Social Security retirement being raised from age 65 to age 67, I wasn't even aware of that, but I'm sure the people that are in there 60's were. When I get around that age I'll start thinking and hoping they don't raise it. I'd be pissed as hell if they did.

I like that analogy about Lucy & Charlie Brown and the football, really paints a picture of the situation.

Good article.

3Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Wed May 30, 2012 12:57 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I personally like Alan Simpson, I think he is only of the good Republican left,of course he is out of office now.

Alan Simpson Slams Fellow Republicans For Lack Of Compromise
Posted: May 28, 2012

Alan Simpson

Former Wyoming Senator Alan Simpson came out swinging against the Republican Party today in an interview with CNN’s Fareed Zakaria. Simpson took his own party to task for its unwillingness to compromise at all on tax increases.

Simpson said that Republican rigidity on the subject has hampered the country as now a deal with Democrats on debt reduction is even further away.

Simpson said,

“You can’t cut spending your way out of this hole. You can’t grow your way out of this hole, and you can’t tax your way out of this hole. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, we tell these people. This is madness. If you want to be a purist, go somewhere on a mountaintop and praise the east or something. But if you want to be in politics, you learn to compromise. And you learn to compromise on the issue without compromising yourself. Show me a guy who won’t compromise and I’ll show you a guy with rock for brains.”

The former senator, along with debt commission co-chair Erskine Bowles, developed a plan after being appointed to a bipartisan debt reduction committee by President Obama. Their plan which became known as Simpson-Bowles, was almost completely ignored on Capitol Hill.

During the interview with CNN he lamented the Republicans focus on social issues and on the way Americans for Tax Reform head Grover Norquist has been able to control the party.

Simpson said,

“I guess I’m known as a RINO now, which means a Republican in name only, because, I guess, of social views, perhaps, or common sense would be another one, which seems to escape members of our party. For heaven’s sake, you have Grover Norquist wandering the earth in his white robes saying that if you raise taxes one penny, he’ll defeat you. He can’t murder you. He can’t burn your house. The only thing he can do to you, as an elected official, is defeat you for reelection. And if that means more to you than your country when we need patriots to come out in a situation when we’re in extremity, you shouldn’t even be in Congress

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/244137/alan-simpson-slams-fellow-republicans-for-lack-of-compromise/#dxcZuHZYuSmSAPHq.99

4Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Wed May 30, 2012 1:18 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Is PATTY MYERS a Democrat? I guess so.

5Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Wed May 30, 2012 1:25 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I don't know but the letter is an email,again circulating ,whether it is all true or just parts of it are??
Also as far as I know,the retirement age has not been raised ,yet~

My sister and her husband are retiring this year,he will be 65 and she has already turned 65..I have been looking it up to see if it has been changed
The republicans according Alan wants to do away with Social security. one other reason he is lambasting them. They both have applied, and will draw in about 3months

6Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Wed May 30, 2012 1:30 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
OMG if that is true that the republicans want to do away with SS retirement I will support democrats to reverse it until it gets reversed. I will fight that tooth and nail. That is totally absurd. Are you sure the Republicans want to do that? All the Republicans or just some of them?

7Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Wed May 30, 2012 1:34 pm

gypsy

gypsy
well I can name some of them boehner,mcconnel ryan,sessions to name a few almost all of the house have stated to privatize social security, and cutting it, eventually doing away with it. I will find a news article on this.

8Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Wed May 30, 2012 1:50 pm

gypsy

gypsy
February 05, 2010 09:00 AM
GOP Budget Proposes to Ration Medicare, Privatize Social Security

ryan_gop_budget_2010_14b37.JPG

Throughout the bitter debate over health care reform, talking points about "rationing" and "cuts to Medicare" have been the twin pillars of Republican fear mongering. For example, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in June warned of reform that "denies, delays, or rations health care," only to falsely charge weeks later that Democrats "are going to pay for this plan by cutting Medicare, that is cutting seniors." But with the publication of the Republican "shadow" budget by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), the GOP is now proposing exactly what just weeks ago it claimed to decry: rationing Medicare:

Last year, 137 House Republicans voted to convert the Medicare program that provides 46 million Americans with health insurance into a system of vouchers. (In September, Sarah Palin penned a Wall Street Journal op-ed which similarly called for "providing Medicare recipients with vouchers that allow them to purchase their own coverage.") Now, as Ezra Klein, Matthew Yglesias and TPM all noted, the GOP's Paul Ryan is making the privatization of Medicare the centerpiece of a new Republican deficit reduction gambit.

Of course, because the value of Ryan's vouchers fails to keep up with the out-of-control rise in premiums in the private health insurance market, America's elderly would be forced to pay more out of pocket or accept less coverage. The Washington Post's Klein described the inexorable Republican rationing of Medicare which would then ensue:

The proposal would shift risk from the federal government to seniors themselves. The money seniors would get to buy their own policies would grow more slowly than their health-care costs, and more slowly than their expected Medicare benefits, which means that they'd need to either cut back on how comprehensive their insurance is or how much health-care they purchase. Exacerbating the situation -- and this is important -- Medicare currently pays providers less and works more efficiently than private insurers, so seniors trying to purchase a plan equivalent to Medicare would pay more for it on the private market.

It's hard, given the constraints of our current debate, to call something "rationing" without being accused of slurring it. But this is rationing, and that's not a slur. This is the government capping its payments and moderating their growth in such a way that many seniors will not get the care they need.

On Tuesday, Ryan acknowledged as much.

Sadly for the Republican brain trust, he failed to follow the script that only Democratic reforms lead to "health care denied, delayed and rationed."

"Rationing happens today! The question is who will do it? The government? Or you, your doctor and your family?"

Of course, Ryan left out the real culprit - the private insurance market. But with 50 million uninsured, another 25 million underinsured, one in five American postponing needed care and medical costs driving over 60% of personal bankruptcies, Congressman Ryan is surely right that "rationing happens today."

But the Republican plan to "slash and privatize" hardly ends there. Despite insistence by the Republican leadership that the party is not officially advocating it, the Ryan alternative budget follows Rep. Jeb Hensarling's announced desire to privatize Medicare. As TPM documented:

Rep. Paul Ryan, (R-WI) the ranking Republican on the budget committee, recently detailed the Republican plan for Social Security that preserves the existing program for those 55 or older. For younger people the plan "offers the option of investing over one-third of their current Social Security taxes into personal retirement accounts, similar to the Thrift Savings Plan available to federal employees."

If that sounds vaguely familiar, it should. After all, George W. Bush's disastrous drive to privatize Social Security helped undermine his presidency. Now, in the wake of a Wall Street meltdown that evaporated the retirement savings for countless thousands of Americans, the Republican wunderkind Ryan is calling for an encore.

In Paul Ryan's defense, his so-called "A Roadmap for America's Future" was scored by the Congressional Budget Office as erasing the long-term deficit entirely, and produce surpluses by 2080 (!). While the Post's Klein stated, "I wouldn't balance the budget in anything like the way Ryan proposes," he also admitted:

"The audacity is breathtaking. But it is also impressive."

Audacious, indeed. After months of scaring the American people into believing that President Obama and the Democrats would ration health care and gut Medicare, Paul Ryan's Republican Party now proposes to do both.

(This piece also appears at Perrspectives. For a look back at the hilarious April Fool's Day unveiling of Ryan's 2009 budget "marketing document," visit here.)

UPDATE: In the latest pathetic twist in the Republican budget saga, House Minority Leader John Boehner is now trying to distance himself from Paul Ryan's document. Claiming "it's his," Boehner nevertheless replied "Off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you" when asked what in it he disagrees with.

If this storyline sounds familiar, it should. Boehner did the same thing last year after presenting Ryan's "The Republican Road to Recovery" with great fanfare:

"Two nights ago, the president said we haven't seen a budget yet of the Republicans. Well, it's not true, because here it is Mr. President."

For more, visit the American Road Map web site at http://www.roadmap.republicans.budget.house.gov/
Tags: Conservative Talking Points, GOP, Medicare, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, Republican Hypocrisy, Social Security, The House

9Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Wed May 30, 2012 2:51 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Full Retirement Age
On this link is a chart to enter your age and birthyear to get the percentage of benefits and year of total retirement.

http://www.ssa.gov/retirement/1943.html

www.socialsecurity.gov

Your full retirement age is 66
Remember, the earliest a person can start receiving Social Security retirement benefits will remain age 62.

If you start receiving retirement benefits at

•age 62, you will get 75% of the monthly benefit because you will be getting benefits for an additional 48 months.
•age 65, you will get 93.3% of the monthly benefit because you will be getting benefits for an additional 12 months.
If you start receiving benefits as a spouse at your full retirement age, you will get 50% of the monthly benefit your spouse would receive if his or her benefits started at full retirement age. If you start receiving benefits at

•age 62, you will get 35% of the monthly benefit instead of 50% because you will be getting benefits for an additional 48 months.
•age 65, you will get 45.8% of the monthly benefit instead of 50% because you will be getting benefits for an additional 12 months.
Note: If you qualify for benefits as a Survivor, your full retirement age may be different.

How Your Social Security Benefit is Reduced If you start getting benefits at age*
And you are the . . .

Wage Earner, the Retirement Benefit you will receive is reduced to
Spouse, the Retirement Benefit you will receive is reduced to

62 75.0% 35.0%
62 + 1 month 75.4 35.2
62 + 2 months 75.8 35.4
62 + 3 months 76.3 35.6
62 + 4 months 76.7 35.8
62 + 5 months 77.1 36.0
62 + 6 months 77.5 36.3
62 + 7 months 77.9 36.5
62 + 8 months 78.3 36.7
62 + 9 months 78.8 36.9
62 + 10 months 79.2 37.1
62 + 11 months 79.6 37.3
63 80.0 37.5
63 + 1 month 80.6 37.8
63 + 2 months 81.1 38.2
63 + 3 months 81.7 38.5
63 + 4 months 82.2 38.9
63 + 5 months 82.8 39.2
63 + 6 months 83.3 39.6
63 + 7 months 83.9 39.9
63 + 8 months 84.4 40.3
63 + 9 months 85.0 40.6
63 + 10 months 85.6 41.0
63 + 11 months 86.1 41.3
64 86.7 41.7
64 + 1 month 87.2 42.0
64 + 2 months 87.8 42.4
64 + 3 months 88.3 42.7
64 + 4 months 88.9 43.1
64 + 5 months 89.4 43.4
64 + 6 months 90.0 43.8
64 + 7 months 90.6 44.1
64 + 8 months 91.1 44.4
64 + 9 months 91.7 44.8
64 + 10 months 92.2 45.1
64 + 11 months 92.8 45.5
65 93.3 45.8
65 + 1 month 93.9 46.2
65 + 2 months 94.4 46.5
65 + 3 months 95.0 46.9
65 + 4 months 95.6 47.2
65 + 5 months 96.1 47.6
65 + 6 months 96.7 47.9
65 + 7 months 97.2 48.3
65 + 8 months 97.8 48.6
65 + 9 months 98.3 49.0
65 + 10 months 98.9 49.3
65 + 11 months 99.4 49.7
66 100.0 50.0

10Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Wed May 30, 2012 2:56 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I don't agree with all the cuts but to save SS the spending by Obama has to be curbed and quickly, with the ND soaring at an alarming rate there will be no SS in years to come, especially since the funds have been borrowed against with no money to replace them.

11Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Wed May 30, 2012 3:02 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
If you start getting ss retirement at age 62 and you turn 65 does your benefits go up or do they stay the same because you started getting them early?

Also, someone is pissed at me for my first post I got a negative vote.. Money and Politicians 415675

12Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Wed May 30, 2012 3:54 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I don't think Obama is spending anymore than Bush or any President, in fact on tv they showed the chart,he is spending less.
There has to be more revenue, and the best place to get that is raising taxes on the rich the pay 15% where most middle/working class pay 30+ Reagan,Bush senior and junior were the biggest spenders~
If the Republican would work with president instead of just wanting him out things might improve a bit faster, where are the jobs Congress promised? Repubs would rather harm the economy ,America , poor,middle class,than work with Obama, the worse republicans ever are now in congress, Trickle down doesn't work Republicans~!cooperation s are not people, wealthy do not create jobs!

13Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Wed May 30, 2012 5:28 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Where are the jobs Obama promised ? The transparency, it isn't only Republicans trying to bring change many Democrats are also seeing the writing on the wall. We are a country in trouble, he has increased the ND more than any other Pres. in 60 years. This has to stop.

14Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Wed May 30, 2012 6:36 pm

gypsy

gypsy
President Obama has introduced many job bills, republicans said* hell no *.they made it public they will not do anything or work to help this president, hope people remember this when they go vote~ fire them!no he hasn't increased the debt more than any president, guess I will have to post another showing that this statement, is not true.

15Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Wed May 30, 2012 6:52 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Remember he inherited two wars trillions of bush debt,a recession and a meltdown. Obama is having to pay for this, because bush didn't pay for any of it.. but this is my last point on this subject ,no sense in debating.. everyone has their opinion. so far through the years mine have been more right than wrong.l

16Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Thu May 31, 2012 8:16 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
After 3 years seems people would be tired of trying to blame Bush for Obama's mistakes, if he hasn't got it right by now he never will and it is only getting worse.

17Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:48 am

gypsy

gypsy
What mistakes? I know of none he has made..

18Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:37 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Obama care, Solyndra, killing the space shuttles, no jobs , housing market in the gutter , unemployment, national debt increasing faster than any other president, do I need to go on ?

19Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:12 pm

gypsy

gypsy
solyndra was bush 's baby !!l the others you listed are untrue, he has created jobs and he kept America from depression he save the auto industry,,which they paid that back in 2 years in America. ..
he has 244 accomplishments I can paste and copy them all I guess~as far as space the one plane or whatever it was we didn't need, F something .regulations for wall street that he is still pushing through or trying to, if pub congress would work on their job.debt increase 3/4 was inherited debt from Bush,I can name many more but what is the use.you don't like him .. I wonder why?Obama care is just now kicking in to help millions of children and elderly.

Also he is a better president in 3 years, than bush was in 8 I list him as one of our best presidents.

20Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:14 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Best at putting us in the gutter, getting our ratings dropped , embarrassing us through the world, can he at least get the Holocaust right , nope he insulted Poland, so much for his knowledge of the world. Oh and lets not forget his stance on abortion, I posted an article about he and his Dem. followers voting down a bill to stop selective feticide.

21Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:12 pm

gypsy

gypsy
we were are already in the gutter, put there by busjh/cheny and the pug party

But he *Obama* is pulling us out ..employment for last 27 months up, and still rising. unemployment down from 10.1 to 9.1;. your going to have to quit listening to fox,ssc Money and Politicians 457757 abortion should not be a government issue, why are the pugs so worried about abortion when they don't give a damn about children after they leave the womb!! if they did they would quit cutting benefits to improve our kids education.. if you want this country to revert back to bush era ,go ahead and vote for mittens, but no whining!!

plus he is very respected by all countries, Romney is not an neither is bush

22Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:23 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Bush's decisions to put us at war very well could have saved this country. I can't put any blame on Bush for our financial problems we are in. If he didn't do what he did we might not have any problems at all because we might not be here to complain about it. I felt safe with Bush as president, he didn't take any crap and wasn't afraid to go to war and kick some ass.

I'm not saying Obama is either, but Bush did what he felt was necessary to protect us. I will never question a presidents decision keep us out of harms way. If going to war put us more in a bad money situation so be it, at least we're alive and free to talk about it.

23Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:27 pm

gypsy

gypsy
well I disagree,,but that is my right.
America was tricked into those wars, by bush /cheney,and the republican congress

24Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:32 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Why did they trick the American people?

25Money and Politicians Empty Re: Money and Politicians Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:41 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Because after 9/11 on bush watch he had to bring himself up,he knew there were no wmd! he wanted to boost his rating by acting tough! but he only accomplished on e feat getting saddam, and putting us in the oldest time frame of war involving America.which was not necessary. of course it was oil and cheny haliburton money making scheme, which a lot of this is having lawsuits brought against him~ an haliburton., it is still the facts of those two wars. it is all unfolding and many truths are coming out!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum