You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tropical Storm Isaac 2012 Empty Tropical Storm Isaac 2012 Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:15 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well it looks like tropical storm Isaac is gonna to pay FL a visit.

MIAMI — Forecasters cast a wary eye Tuesday on Tropical Storm Isaac, which was moving west in the Atlantic Ocean and poses a potential threat to Florida during next week's Republican National Convention in Tampa.

It's much too early to say with any certainty whether it will gain hurricane strength or make a beeline for Tampa, on Florida's west coast. But it's the type of weather that convention organizers knew was a possibility during the peak of hurricane season – and they have backup plans in place in a worst-case scenario.

It's been 90 years since a major hurricane made a direct hit on Tampa. The last to strike Florida's west coast was Hurricane Charley, a Category 4 packing 150 mph winds. The Aug. 13, 2004, storm was small yet powerful – and was initially forecast to strike the Tampa Bay area before it turned and slammed Port Charlotte, about 100 miles south.

National Hurricane Center computer models predicted Isaac would become a hurricane over the next few days, meaning maximum winds must be at least 74 mph (120 kph). Some models had the storm striking Florida, including the Tampa Bay area, after moving across Cuba or the Bahamas as early as Sunday morning.

Jeff Masters, director of meteorology at Weatherunderground.com, said long-range storm track predictions five days in advance are notoriously inaccurate, often off an average of 260 miles (418 kilometers). But Masters said the climate situation has improved chances that Florida could be in the system's sights during the GOP event that runs Monday through Thursday.

"It would take a perfect storm of a scenario where a bunch of factors all conspire together," Masters said. "But we definitely have to watch this one."

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20120822/us-tropical-weather-republican-convention/

2Tropical Storm Isaac 2012 Empty Re: Tropical Storm Isaac 2012 Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:28 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
We have been watching this for a few days, the current track can make a big impact on the eastern gulf, not wishing you anything bad but please keep it on your side of the gulf.

3Tropical Storm Isaac 2012 Empty Re: Tropical Storm Isaac 2012 Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:57 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well I don't think it will develop into a Hurricane, it will just rain a lot. Gypsy's been complaining about not enough rain in Kentucky, maybe we should send it over there.

4Tropical Storm Isaac 2012 Empty Re: Tropical Storm Isaac 2012 Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:58 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Works for me , we get rain everyday here and looks like you have been getting plenty yourself. I looked at the projection track this morning still alot of ifs involved, the spaghetti models are divided on it still, but they think if it missed running into Cuba and the mountains it will make Cat.2 by the middle of next week.

5Tropical Storm Isaac 2012 Empty Re: Tropical Storm Isaac 2012 Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:20 pm

gypsy

gypsy
runawayhorses wrote:Well I don't think it will develop into a Hurricane, it will just rain a lot. Gypsy's been complaining about not enough rain in Kentucky, maybe we should send it over there.
we could use the rain,not complaining, just concerned.. food price will go higher this winter. we farmed for 17 years I know what it is like to depend on farming for a living. I worry about my neighbor's who farm,plus 29 states are in drought, that is not good.

6Tropical Storm Isaac 2012 Empty Re: Tropical Storm Isaac 2012 Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:50 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Food prices are already going sky high, and now most of the produce is from Mexico, Chili and Guatamala. Hope their health conditions are closely watched but guess it can't be any worse than the recalls from California and Illinois right now.

7Tropical Storm Isaac 2012 Empty Re: Tropical Storm Isaac 2012 Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:21 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Just saw an updated track showing the storm as a Cat 1 on Monday just south of Tampa, it has picked up forward momentum but the pressures are dropping. It still could make a west swing, they say we will know more once it clears the islands and mountains.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum