You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SSC

SSC
Admin

Kentucky restaurant shut down after road kill found in kitchen
Published October 01, 2012
FoxNews.com

A Chinese restaurant in Kentucky has reportedly been forced to shut its doors after allegedly serving up roadkill.

WKYT.com reports that the Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg was shuttered on Thursday after a customer called the health department when she saw a dead deer being wheeled into the kitchen.

"Two of the workers came in wheeling a garbage can and they had a box sitting on top of it,” Kate Hopkins told the website. “And hanging out of the garbage can, they were trying to be real quick with it. So that nobody could see it. But there was like a tail, and a foot and leg. Sticking out of the garbage can and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen.”

Paul Lawson, Whitley County’s environmental health inspector, said the owner’s son admitted to pick up the dead animal from the side of I-75 North in Williamsburg. The restaurant was immediately shut down.

"They said they didn't know that they weren't allowed to,” Lawson said. “So that makes me concerned. But maybe they could have before. They didn't admit to doing it before.”

Owners can reopen the restaurant, Lawson said, if it passes a secondary health inspection proving that they have properly sanitized it.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/01/kentucky-restaurant-shut-down-after-road-kill-found-in-kitchen/?test=latestnews#ixzz283a9uUML

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
This part has to be a lie:

They said they didn't know that they weren't allowed to".

How can you possibly be in the restaurant business and not know this. If they went to court and I was the judge, I would take there license permanently in my state to prevent then from doing any other restaurant business. Then I'd hit them with a 25,000 fine.

SSC

SSC
Admin
I think this is common a few years ago they busted Manuel's Hot Tamales for having dogs and cats in their freezers. You never know what you are eating especially Chinese and Mexican and I love both.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I would help make it "Uncommon" by hitting them hard with fines and putting them out of business.

SSC

SSC
Admin
You would think the health dept. was more on the ball in inspections. This is disgusting to me . Wonder what other road kill was served before they got caught.. YUK

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah I know it makes you wonder indeed. I hate the thought of it. Of course this happened in Kentucky home of the backward ass country fuck uneducated redneck. OPPS! sorry Gypsy.. lmao Just kidding, I had to throw that in there because we were talking about Kentucky being in the top 10 poorest states and why that was. lol

gypsy

gypsy
nine poorest states in America~

9.Montana,8.Tennessee,7.Kentucky,6.Louisiana,5.Alabama,4.Oklahoma,3.Arkansas,2.West Virginia,1.Mississippi

SSC

SSC
Admin
Obviously those states are crippled by the gov. meddling in oil, gas, coal.

Back to the restaurant, it sure makes you wonder just what is taken through back doors and fed to the public to cut corners. Reminder to self never eat in a Chinese restaurant in Kentucky, might be getting slab of Lab or noodles and Poodles.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum