You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The national debt explained: Empty The national debt explained: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:55 am

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran

2The national debt explained: Empty Re: The national debt explained: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:17 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner

3The national debt explained: Empty Re: The national debt explained: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:39 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Good video, makes you think. That's exactly what the government is doing.

Read here on how to post videos:

https://runawayhorses.forumotion.com/t9237-posting-videos

I like your new avatar man always loved that car.

4The national debt explained: Empty Re: The national debt explained: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:20 pm

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
Yep,as a severely brain damaged person,I didn't read the thread before I tried to post the video. At present,I'm trying to accomplish talking as if I didn't have a mouth full of cole slaw.

Unrelated/off the subject: I've had that car now for almost 6 years (purch 9/20/2007) and it only has 18,500 miles. Runs like new (it should,I take better care of it than my own weenie) I paid it off last August.It's HARD to believe we have been insulting,frustrating,and amusing each other for that long. Time flies (even faster when you get closer to the ground).

My bro gave me a VERY neat gadget he has had in a junk drawer for a year or two.You plug it into your power/lighter socket and it transmits whatever MP3 files you have in a flash drive to your car stereo. EUREKA!!! I have hundreds of MP3 files and was tired of the disc storage and up-keep in that little car.

The top is a standard rag-top but it "disappears" below the sheet metal when you put it down.This necessitated the use of a plastic rain gutter below the sheet metal that channels water that accumulates on the top to 2 drain tubes that exit underneath the car.It stopped working and the car started filling up with 1"-2" of water in the floorboards every time it rained hard.After discovering that it costs about $450-$500 to get this fixed,I carefully analyzed all the engineering paramaters and took a technical approach: Using a hammer and a phillips-head screwdriver, I punched some holes in the floorboard beneath the seats where they can't be seen.It works.

5The national debt explained: Empty Re: The national debt explained: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:18 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah I heard those mp3 players are really nice, they store like thousands of files or something, that's definitely the way to go for music now for your automobile. Beats the heck out of fumbling with cd cases.

Speaking of which I ripped all my CDs to my computer. I have a pretty good sound system on this machine with a Altec Lansing 5.0 speaker system complete with a sub wolfer, sounds awesome.

Btw how do you like Windows 7? I've heard some great reviews on it from friends of mine that say Microsoft finally made an edition as good if not better than XP. Windows 8 I'm hearing not so good reviews, but 7 seems to be the edition of choice among a lot of people. But time is running out to get windows 7 if it hasn't already, you must get 8 that alot of people don't like. Windows XP was the most widely used operating system until Windows 7 overtook it in 2012. People fucking loved XP, and still do, they will curse the other editions to hell but have nothing bad to say about XP. Its the best edition they ever made, but 7 might give XP a run for its money, time will tell.

As you may or may not know Microsoft will be ending support for Windows XP on April 8, 2014 after 12 and a half years of supporting it. That includes no more security updates for XP after April 8th. They are retiring XP as it were. For me I'm keeping this XP machine until it can do no more.

6The national debt explained: Empty Re: The national debt explained: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:27 pm

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
I've had all 3,but not sequentially. First was Vista. I had not had a computer before so just thought I was incompetent until I got another computer with XP. That's when my eyes were opened. Vista was a confusing mess. XP provided everything I wanted except DVD burning so I then got this e-machine with 7 and I am settled with that. 7 is like Vista but with ALL the problems solved.My computer works about as good as it did almost 3 years ago and I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Advice? (I'm honored!) Get 7 now while you can and e-machines offer a great recovery pre-installed that is damn near perfect.It's nice to get a new 'puter whenever you want one for free!

7The national debt explained: Empty Re: The national debt explained: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:30 pm

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
PS: That mp3 gadget works so well,I ordered another one for my van! It cost a whopping $4.55 with remote,no sales tax, and free shipping.I could not recommend anything higher. It is a true marvel.

8The national debt explained: Empty Re: The national debt explained: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:24 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I have a DVD burner for this XP machine it came with it, I've burned several DVDs with it mostly music concerts and videos.

Yeah I have an XP reinstall disk that also came with this machine that when used is like getting a new machine as far as the software goes. I've used it several times before. Its a disk thats registered to this machine and will only work with this machine, but you can buy them and then register it to your computer, but mine came with this machine and was already registered to it.

My brother has vista I've gotten on it a few times, its definitely different than XP. Hes had no problems with it though, but then again he doesn't do what I do with computers, he just surfs web pages.

I have no advice for windows 7 I havent used it yet, you seem to have a firm grip on it now, but if you ever have any questions about how to do something feel free to ask.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum