You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Sugar-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:05 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Sugar-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

This creamy and smooth fudge is a decadent treat with only 3 grams of carbs per serving.

Sugar-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
photographer: Nikki Sheriff Ingredients
8 oz. unsweetened chocolate squares

1 cup smooth peanut butter (no sugar added)

3/4 - 1 cup erythritol

1 cup worth other sugar substitute (splenda, powdered erythritol, Sweetzfree liquid Splenda)

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Pinch salt

Directions
Melt the chocolate. (Tip: pour boiling water over it, let it sit for 5 to 6 minutes, and then pour the water off to avoid burning the chocolate).

Mix in the rest of the ingredients, adjusting sweetener to taste.

Pack or spread into a loaf pan. Cool to room temperature, or you can put it in the refrigerator. Cut into 15 pieces and serve.

77Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Cheesy Easy Dip Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:02 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups sour cream (I used light)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup sliced green onion
Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 F.
Combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onion. Spoon mixture into a 1-quart baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and hot.
Serve with bread slices, crackers, or veggies.

78Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Coconut Flour Cheddar Drop Biscuits Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:01 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Coconut Flour Cheddar Drop Biscuits

¼ cup coconut oil or butter, melted
1/3 cup sifted coconut flour
4 eggs
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Blend together eggs, coconut oil or butter, salt, and onion powder. Combine coconut flour with baking powder and whisk into batter until there are no lumps. Fold in cheese. Drop batter by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. For a cheesier biscuit increase cheese to ¾ cup.

This recipe makes about 10 biscuits.

79Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty LowCarb Pancakes Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:13 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
1 and 1/2 cups of almond meal
2 eggs
1/4 cup of water
2 tbs of cooking oil. I use walnut oil
1 tsp of stevia or sweetener
1 tsp of cinnamon (optional but I think it makes them taste delicious)
* you could also add a dash of vanilla for a little extra sweetness.

Directions:

Mix all the ingredients together.
Measure out 1/4 cup of batter and pour onto a a hot pan will a little butter or oil. Cook them as you would normally cook pancakes.
Flip them when you see a few bubbles on the top and the underside is light brown.

80Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Easy Ice Cream Bars Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:28 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Easy Ice Cream Bars

Makes 4 bars

Ingredients:

Filling:
2 oz heavy cream (Organic Valley is deliciously thick!)
2 oz cream cheese
3 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
2-4 tablespoons of sweetener
For ALL NATURAL sugar-free sweetening, use both of the following:
-1-2 tablespoons erythritol or xylitol
-1/8 teaspoon pure stevia extract

Chocolate Coating (for two bars):
1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
2 squares Lindt extra dark 85% chocolate bar
Pinch of good-tasting pure stevia extract
chopped nuts (optional)

Peanut Butter Coating:
4 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons coconut oil
sweetener, to taste

Preparation:
Beat heavy cream with a mixer until it forms stiff peaks. Do not over-beat or it will get clumpy and turn to butter! Set whipped cream aside. Beat cream cheese, sweetener, and peanut butter until the mixture is smooth and clump free. Test for sweetness. It should be a bit sweeter than you want the finished product. Using a spatula, fold cream cheese into the whipped cream until there are only a few white streaks. Shape ice cream rounds on a pan lined with parchment or waxed paper. Freeze for 1/2 hour.

Melt coating ingredients in the microwave in 10 second intervals, until liquified. Stir until smooth and add sweetener, to taste. Remove rounds from freezer and dip into coatings. You may need to set the round on the paper and spoon the coating over bare spots. Sprinkle bars with nuts immediately after dipping in the coating, if desired. Chill for another few minutes until the coating hardens.

81Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Upside Down Cheese Cake Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:33 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Upside Down Cheese Cake

2 8 ounce block of cream cheese soften
1/2 cup of sour cream soften
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
Sweetener (i used a mixture of pure powdered sucrose and powderedErth.)

Topping
1 cup mixed nuts (I used walnuts and pecans), finely ground with 3 packages of Splenda

Preheat Oven 350o

In a bowl mix cream cheese, sour cream, and vanilla. Mix well and add sweetener too taste. Mix in eggs. Pour into glass pie plate lined with parchment paper.

Sprinkle topping of the top and bake for 10 minutes. Place a piece of foil over the top and continue baking for 25 minutes. Shut oven off and leave cheese cake in for another 10 minutes.
Let cool.

This cake tastes fantastic warm... thus the picture being only one slice but when cooled it is the best cheesecake I have ever tasted.

82Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Low Carb Pumpkin Smoothie Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:19 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
1/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
1/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup water
1 tsp pure vanilla extract and 2 packs of sweetener of choice ( sticking with only those that have zero carb impact)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup ice

MAKE IT

Blend all ingredients thoroughly in your blender - you will need a blender that can crush ice

83Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:22 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe – dairy and sugar free
Makes one cup
Ingredients
1 cup non-dairy milk or water (try Easiest Coconut Milk, Easiest Almond Milk, or Rice Milk)
1 tbsp cocoa OR carob powder, sifted to remove clumps
liquid stevia, to taste (I used 5 drops. See Homemade Liquid Stevia)
¼ tsp vanilla extract, optional
Method
1. Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk over low heat until combined and desired temperature has been reached.

84Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Low Carb Shortbread Cookies Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:24 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
LOW CARB SHORTBREAD COOKIES
Serves: 20
INGREDIENTS
½ cup butter, softened
2 cups almond flour
½ cup sweetener (I used Swerve)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 350. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter, extract and sweetener.
Add flour to mixture and continue to mix until dough forms.
Roll dough out onto lightly floured (almond or coconut) surface until about ⅓ inch thick.
Cut into rounds and place on prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Allow to cool on pan for at least 5 minutes.

85Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Pumpkin Cake or Loaf Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:29 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
5 eggs
1 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
15 ounce can pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
I microwave the cream cheese to soften it up on about 30% power for 1-2 mins checking it periodically to prevent overheating.
Just crack open the eggs, add all the other ingredients and combine with a mixer.
Notes
If you use a loaf pan you’ll want to cook this for about 50 mins. In Linda’s recipe she uses a larger pan (more square then rectangular) and she suggests 40 mins. I prefer a loaf pan because it transfers easily into my tupperware.

86Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Coffee Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:33 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Coffee
Yield: 1 Serving

Ingredients

12 oz. Hot Coffee
2 Tbsp. Pumpkin Puree
1 Tbsp. Butter or Ghee
1/4 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
Vanilla Stevia (to taste)
Directions

In a blender add coffee, pumpkin puree, butter, pumpkin pie spice and stevia.
Whiz on high until frothy.
Serve and enjoy!

87Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Pork Rind Stuffing Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:38 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
1/2 cup celery, chopped, 2 stalks
2 tablespoons onion, chopped
Pepper, to taste
Poultry seasoning, to taste
1 teaspoon granular Splenda
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 ounces chicken broth or bouillon
2 eggs
5 ounces pork rinds, crushed

In a small skillet, sauté the celery, onion and seasonings in butter until the celery is tender. Place the crushed pork rinds in a medium bowl. Stir in all of the ingredients until the pork rinds are moistened. Spread in a greased 8x6" baking dish and bake at 400º about 20 minutes or until set and browned.

Makes 4 servings

88Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Low Carb Taco Soup Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:42 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
1 pound ground beef (or turkey)
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
8 ounces cream cheese
2 10-ounce cans of Rotel
2 cans of beef broth
1/2 cup heavy cream

First, you’ll want to brown one pound of ground beef, or ground turkey if you prefer. You can cook the meat in a separate skillet or the large pot you will need for the soup. Once the meat is brown, drain it and add in two minced garlic cloves and half a cup of onions. Stir those in and then add in your spices–one tablespoon of cumin and one teaspoon of chili powder. Let the spices soak in while you dice up an eight ounce block of cream cheese. Add in the cream cheese and use the back of a wooden spoon to mash it into the meat. You can use a metal or plastic spoon, but the cream cheese will not stick to the wooden spoon as much.
When the cream cheese completely coats the meat, add in two cans of Rotel, two cans of beef broth and half a cup of heavy cream. Stir well and bring ingredients to a boil. Salt can be added to taste, but as much as I love salt, I thought this was perfect as it is. Other great taco ingredients can also be served with it–cheese or a dollop of sour cream. This is a low carb treat, but you can always add in tortilla chips for a little starch!

89Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty REUBEN CASSEROLE Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:46 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
REUBEN CASSEROLE

PREP: 20 minsCOOK: 20 minsREADY IN: 40 mins
INGREDIENTS
1/2 pound corned beef diced
1 can sauerkraut drained
2 cups swiss cheese shredded
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1* 8 oz package cream cheese
1/2 cup low-sugar ketchup
2 tablespoons pickle brine
1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a sauce pan, melt the cream cheese, mayonnaise and ketchup over low heat. While that is melting, slice and dice your corned beef into half inch chunks.
Once the the mixture is melted, add the can of drained sauerkraut, a cup and a half of the swiss cheese and chopped corned beef. Mix until all incorporated and the cheese is melted.
Take the sauce of the heat and mix in the pickle juice if you have it. If not, add a tablespoon of salt, a teaspoon of vinegar and a pinch of garlic salt.
Pour into a greased dish (I used a 9 inch pie pan) and top with remaining swiss cheese. Garnish by sprinkling caraway seeds on.
Pop in the oven for about 20 minutes until the mixture is bubbling and the cheese on top is melted.
Enjoy!

90Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Pizza Spaghetti Squash Casserole Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:18 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Pizza Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Ingredients

1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
4 cups cooked spaghetti squash
3 cups marinara sauce
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 1/2 oz pepperoni
1/2 cup Dubliner or Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a medium skillet over medium high heat, brown the Italian sausage until cooked through.
In a medium bowl, combine the marinara sauce, eggs, sea salt, oregano, and garlic powder.
Place the spaghetti squash into a 9x9" baking dish. Top with the marinara mixture and cooked Italian sausage. Stir to combine with the spaghetti squash and smooth into an even layer.
Top with a layer of half of the pepperoni, a layer of Dubliner or Parmesan cheese, and then a layer of Mozzarella cheese.
Top with the remaining pepperoni and make for 20-30 minutes until set and heated through.

91Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Low Carb Peanutbutter cookies Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:37 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
½ cup coconut flour
1 cup granulated Splenda
1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy, you choose)
3 eggs
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Instructions
Heat oven to 350 degrees
Prepare baking sheet with baking parchment or cooking spray.
Mix all ingredient in mixer until well combined and dough has formed.
Using a tablespoon measure, make balls of dough and place balls on pan. (They don't need to be far apart, they don’t puff up.)
Flatten cookies slightly making a crisscross mark on cookie with a fork.
Bake for 15-17 minutes till edges are golden brown.
Nutrition Information

92Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty No Bake Peanutbutter cookies Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:42 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp raisins
salt to taste (I used a little over 1/4 tsp, but I like salty pb cookies!)
2 tbsp roasted, unsalted peanuts (If you can only find salted, reduce or omit added salt)
1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
Instructions

Throw everything into your food processor (I used an Osterizer) and combine until very smooth. Roll into balls, cookies, bars, or simply eat shovel the dough into your mouth, straight from the machine. Dough can be stored on the counter, in the fridge, or in the freezer.

Or in your belly.

93Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Low Carb Nachos Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:47 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
For the “Chips”
2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese – Shredded
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Tsp Cumin
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 Tsp Chili Powder

For the Toppings
1 Cup cooked Seasoned Ground Beef – Here is my taco seasoning recipe
1/4 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar
2 Tbs Chopped Onion
1/4 Cup Diced Tomatoes
1/4 Cup Jalapenos
1/4 Cup Black Olives
2 Tbs Guacamole
2 Tbs Sour Cream
(2 Tbs Peace and Love)

You can season the ground beef however you like. I used a couple of tablespoons of my taco seasoning (which are not included in the recipe carb count)

Directions
For the “Chips”
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. (It shouldn’t stick to the paper anyway but I always give it light spraying.

Pour the cheddar cheese onto the parchment paper and spread out as thin as you can. (In the shape of a rectangle.)

Sprinkle the grated Parmesan evenly on top of the cheddar cheese.

Combine the Cumin, Garlic powder, and Chili powder and sprinkle evenly on top of the cheeses)

Bake on 400* on the middle rack for 8-10 minutes. Check on it constantly as it can go from zero to burnt in no time at all. Set cookie sheet on a cooling rack and let cool for 10 minutes.

Remove from the parchment paper and cut the cheese into strips. (I used kitchen scissors for this) After cutting the cheese into strips, then cut each strip into triangles.

Place “Chips” back on parchment paper and broil on high for 2 minutes. (keep an eye on them… Even though it is only 2 minutes, they can burn very fast)

Let the “chips” cool and crisp up – about 30 minutes

Pile them on the plate and cover with all your favorite nacho toppings. Use the last 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar to put on top and melt… ENJOY!!

Makes 4 servings – 5 grams of carbs per serving

94Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Zucchini Cheese Wedges Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:55 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Zucchini Cheese Wedges

Ingredients
1 large zucchini
2 eggs
2 cups shredded cheese
(We used a pre-shredded blend from Kraft, I believe it was the "Tex-Mex" blend)
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
Sprinkle of seasoning salt (if desired)

Directions.
Preheat oven to 450. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Draw 6 - 8 inch circles on the parchment paper and then flip paper over.
Cut ends from zucchini. Shred. Mix with egg, cheese, and flax until well combined.
Pat mixture firmly and evenly into the 6 circles.

Before the cooking begins.

Bake at 450 for about 12 minutes. Loosen and gently flip the circles over. Bake for another 5 - 10 minutes - until cheese is nice and crispy. (Hint - I rotated the cookie sheets from front to back and then top to bottom every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.)

The first side is done. Just need to flip over and crisp up the other side.

Remove from oven and sprinkle lightly with seasoning salt (if using) then cut each circle into 6 wedges.
Let cool completely on wire racks for 6 - 8 hours. You want them to air dry for a bit.

Let them completely cool and air dry before storing them.

To store - keep loosely in a bag or plastic container in the fridge. Best used within a week of preparation.
Note - after the wedges have dried completely you can place them in a plastic container and toss with popcorn seasoning to achieve different flavors.

I brought these to the office for everyone to try and they were a hit. You don't taste the zucchini at all, it's mostly just the crispy cheese that you taste. I can live with that.
I didn't season mine with anything but the sprinkle of seasoning salt but it would be interesting to try them tossed with the popcorn seasoning.
Oh, we also cut our circles into 8 wedges instead of just 6. We liked them a bit smaller.

I would have to say the only challenging thing about this recipe is flipping the circles over halfway through cooking. I tend to panic with things like that - that's why I haven't attempted crepes - but Sue is the flipper master so she did it no problem. A hint for you - if you loosen it from the parchment paper with your flipper and it feels like it is separating then just put it back in the oven for another minute or two and then try again. It should hold together quite well to be able to flip.

95Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Mexican Meatza Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:20 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Mexican Meatza

Makes two 6-inch individual meatzas, enough for 2-4 servings
Ingredients:
Meat Crust:
1 pound ground beef
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Toppings:
1/2 to 3/4 cup of your favorite salsa
Green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
Red onion, cut into thin strips
Avocado, diced
garnish: fresh lime, chopped fresh cilantro
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400F. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef with the crust seasonings until combined.
Make the crust. Divide the meat in half, roll into a ball, and press evenly into an 8- or 9-inch round pie pan. Cover only the bottom of the pan and smooth the meat with damp hands until it’s an even thickness. Repeat with the other piece of “crust.” Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the meat is cooked through and the edges are brown. Leaving the oven on, remove the meat crusts from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan.
Assemble your meatza. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and place the meat crusts on the baking sheet. Spread about 1/4 cup salsa on each meat crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges. Arrange the peppers and onions on top, pressing them gently into the salsa. Pop the pizza back into the oven for 10-15 minutes, until hot and browned to your liking.
Garnish your meatza. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with diced avocado, then squeeze a little fresh lime juice over the top and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.

96Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Easiest & Best Chocolate Brownies EVER Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:14 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Easiest & Best Chocolate Brownies EVER
Makes 16 Brownies

1 cup natural almond, peanut or sunflower butter (creamy)
1/2 cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup sour cream or heavy cream (or coconut milk for dairy-free)
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. Stevia Select powdered Stevia or sweetener of choice to taste (sweetness equivalent to 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. of sugar)
1 tbsp. raw honey (optional)
1/2 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or sunflower seeds (for nut free)
2 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
Extra nuts for top
instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line with parchment paper or butter the bottom of an 8X8 square or 8" cake pan and set aside.

Add all ingredients to a medium bowl (except the chocolate chips and extra nuts) and blend with mixer until smooth. Taste for sweetness and adjust if needed. Pour batter into prepared pan, being sure to spread batter to corners. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and extra nuts.

Bake for 17-20 minutes or just until the center starts to rise and hold shape. EAT!

97Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Cajun Chicken Spaghetti Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:24 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Cajun Chicken Spaghetti

Serves 6

4 tbsp. salted butter (or bacon grease)
8 oz. mushrooms, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
1 tbsp. chopped garlic (or garlic powder)
1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
1 cup reduced homemade chicken stock*
1 tbsp. arrowroot powder
1 lb. cooked or leftover chicken (white or dark meat), chopped
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
8 oz. shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1 tbsp. Cajun Seasoning
3 cups cooked spaghetti squash (the flesh from approximately a 2 lb. squash)
*For a more intense flavored chicken stock, add 2 cups of bone broth to a pot and reduce by half.

In a large skillet, add butter and bring to medium heat. Then add the chopped mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and salt. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. During the last minute, add the chopped garlic.

While vegetables are cooking, whisk the arrowroot powder into the chicken stock and set aside.

Once vegetables are tender, lower heat to medium-low and add the arrowroot and stock mixture. Stir mixture and then stir in the chicken, half of the cheddar cheese, all of Parmesan cheese, Cajun Seasoning and spaghetti squash. Stir well and then taste for seasoning and adjust if needed. Turn off heat.

Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the the meat and spaghetti squash mixture or pour the meat and spaghetti mixture into a casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted and slightly browned.

98Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Easy Pizza Bites Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:29 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Easy Pizza Bites

Yields 28

1/2 cup almond flour

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/4 cup coconut flour

2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. dried basil*

1/4 tsp. oregano*

1/4 tsp. dried thyme*

2-3 oz. pepperoni, chopped

4 oz. mozzarella, shredded

4 tbsp. salted butter, room temperature

2 large eggs

1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. sour cream

Optional ingredients: 1/4 cup chopped olives, 1/2 bell bell pepper or 1/2 small onion, chopped and sauteed in 2 tbsp. butter, 4 oz. mushrooms, chopped and sauteed in 1 tbsp. butter (cooled)

*Omit and add 1 tsp. Italian seasoning

instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. In a medium bowl, add dry ingredients and blend well. Add all remaining ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until blended. Use small scoop (1-1/2 tbsp.) or medium scoop (3 tbsp.) to measure out dough onto prepared cookie sheet 3 inches apart. Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until slightly brown. Serve warm with marinara sauce or Ranch Dressing.

99Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Vanilla Latte Cookies Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:28 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
1 1/2 Cups Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour
1/2 Cup Kerrygold (or other Grassfed) Unsalted Butter
1/3 Cup NOW Erythritol
2 Large Eggs
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Instant Coffee Grounds
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
17 Drops Liquid Stevia
TL;DR INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine your almond flour, coffee grounds, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In seperate containers or bowls, separate your egg whites and egg yolks.
4. In another mixing bowl, add your butter and beat it well. Add your erythritol to the butter and continue beating it until almost white in color.
5. Add your egg yolks to the butter and mix until smooth.
6. Add half of the mixed almond flour to the butter and mix it in. Add your vanilla extract and liquid stevia, then add the rest of your almond flour and mix well.
7. Beat your egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the cookie dough.
8. Divide your cookies on a cookie sheet, I made 10 large cookies. Bake them for 12-15 minutes.
9. Once finished, remove the cookies to a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes.

100Diet and Low Carb Meals and Snacks - Page 4 Empty Low Carb Upside Down Cheese cake Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:10 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
2 8 ounce block of cream cheese soften
1/2 cup of sour cream soften
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
Sweetener (i used a mixture of pure powdered sucrose and powderedErth.)

Topping
1 cup mixed nuts (I used walnuts and pecans), finely ground with 3 packages of Splenda

Preheat Oven 350

In a bowl mix cream cheese, sour cream, and vanilla. Mix well and add sweetener too taste. Mix in eggs. Pour into glass pie plate lined with parchment paper.

Sprinkle topping of the top and bake for 10 minutes. Place a piece of foil over the top and continue baking for 25 minutes. Shut oven off and leave cheese cake in for another 10 minutes.
Let cool.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum