You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1True Green Eyes Empty True Green Eyes Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:58 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I learned something new a few months ago. Did you know that only 2% of the entire world has true green eyes. That's 2% out of 6 billion people. Not green eyes that have brown flecks...those are considered hazel. Not greenish blue or bluish green. But true green eyes.

To have true green eyes, both parents have to have at least one recessive green gene each and you would have to have inherited both recessive genes to get green eyes. So green eyes is a chance mutation which is highly unlikely....only a 15% chance that it ever happens.

Green eyes come from one parent that has blue eyes and the other has brown eyes. However, to have green eyes, the blue eyed gene has to be strong enough to dominate the brown....which is very rare because brown is ALWAYS the dominate gene.

When the two genes come together blue eyed gene is so strong that both brown and blue will appear at the same time and this is the combination that produces green eyes . What makes green eyes such a genetic rarity is the fact that in rare cases the blue eyed gene must dominate the brown eyed gene. So for a child to have green eyes he would have to get both a blue and a brown gene and the blue gene would have had to be dominate.

At one time it was believed that those born with green eyes possessed magical powers. In appalachia it was said that women with green eyes possessed powers to see the future. In Salem if you had green eyes you were thought to be a witch. Green eyes, although very rare, are seen much more often in woman than men.

My eyes are a true green (the same color as the eyes in this photo) and all my life I wondered why there was not another single person in my entire family, on both sides, that had green eyes. Now I know.

Does anyone out there have true green eyes? Not hazel, not blue or brown or just a hint of green....but truly green eyes....the color of this little girl's eyes. These are considered true green eyes with no brown or blue flecks.
I learned something new a few months ago. Did you know that only 2% of the entire world has true green eyes. That's 2% out of 6 billion people. Not green eyes that have brown flecks...those are considered hazel. Not greenish blue or bluish green. But true green eyes. To have true green eyes, both parents have to have at least one recessive green gene each and you would have to have inherited both recessive genes to get green eyes. So green eyes is a chance mutation which is highly unlikely....only a 15% chance that it ever happens. Green eyes come from one parent that has blue eyes and the other has brown eyes. However, to have green eyes, the blue eyed gene has to be strong enough to dominate the brown....which is very rare because brown is ALWAYS the dominate gene. When the two genes come together blue eyed gene is so strong that both brown and blue will appear at the same time and this is the combination that produces green eyes . What makes green eyes such a genetic rarity is the fact that in rare cases the blue eyed gene must dominate the brown eyed gene. So for a child to have green eyes he would have to get both a blue and a brown gene and the blue gene would have had to be dominate. At one time it was believed that those born with green eyes possessed magical powers. In appalachia it was said that women with green eyes possessed powers to see the future. In Salem if you had green eyes you were thought to be a witch. Green eyes, although very rare, are seen much more often in woman than men. My eyes are a true green (the same color as the eyes in this photo) and all my life I wondered why there was not another single person in my entire family, on both sides, that had green eyes. Now I know. Does anyone out there have true green eyes? Not hazel, not blue or brown or just a hint of green....but truly green eyes....the color of this little girl's eyes. These are considered true green eyes with no brown or blue flecks.

2True Green Eyes Empty Re: True Green Eyes Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:09 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Do you mean green eyes like this pic of Avril?

True Green Eyes AvrilLavigne-1

Kidding that is a pic thats been doctored to make her eyes look green, they are actually blue.

My eyes are blue too. I'm not surprised people use to think (or still do) people with green eyes possessed powers. Those people are usually associated with individuals that are easily influenced, and are willing to settle with the easiest less-informed explanation, to avoid having to rationalize a logical hypothesis.
They usually have no problem believing in witches and goblins, demons and werewolves, ghosts and 'talking snakes', like the one in the bible that supposedly was sent to tempt Eve in the Garden of Eden, and last but not least, God.

People are quick to label someone "God", or a person with "powers" because by doing that they feel they are no longer required to learn and understand, its a cop-out stemmed from laziness, designed to shirk responsibility.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum