Nelson Mandala~ Dies at 95
A beautiful Spirit,Soul. A wonderful person for Humanity,and
Love.
The World will miss you.Rest In Peace Mandela 592180

2Rest In Peace Mandela Empty Re: Rest In Peace Mandela Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:04 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Tyler Perry spoke very solemnly today on Mandela's passing words so emotional it was hard to watch.

Last edited by SSC on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

3Rest In Peace Mandela Empty Re: Rest In Peace Mandela Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:24 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I like what I read about Perry.

Tyler Perry was born September 13, 1969, in New Orleans, Louisiana. He had a difficult childhood, suffering years of abuse. In 1992 he directed, produced, and starred in the musical I Know I've Been Changed. His 2000 play, I Can Do Bad All by Myself brought to life the character Madea, who would later appear in several successful films. Perry continues to write and produce new plays.

Early Life

Writer, actor, producer, director. Born Emmitt Perry Jr. on September 13, 1969, in New Orleans, Louisiana. Tyler Perry has forged his own way in the entertainment industry, building an empire that consists of successful films, plays, and even a best-selling book. One of four children, he had a difficult childhood, suffering years of abuse at the hands of his carpenter father. He once described his father as a man "whose answer to everything was to beat it out of you."

At one point, Perry even attempted suicide in an effort to escape his difficult situation. At 16, he changed his first name to Tyler to separate himself from his father. Perry dropped out of high school, but he eventually earned a general equivalency diploma, or GED, later. Trying to find his way professionally, he held a series of unfulfilling jobs before discovering his true passion.

Watching an episode of Oprah Winfrey's talk show, Perry was inspired by a comment on the program about how writing about difficult experiences could lead to personal breakthroughs. He started a series of letters to himself, which became the basis for the musical I Know I've Been Changed. While the show tackled such tough subjects as child abuse, it also touched on forgiveness, a theme has remained central in many of his works and reflects his deep connection to his Christian faith. After saving up $12,000, Perry debuted the show—which he directed, produced, and starred in—at an Atlanta theater in 1992. The musical's run lasted only one weekend and drew a measly 30 people to see the show.
Acting Career

Disappointed yet determined, Perry continued to work odd jobs while reworking the show. He staged the show in several other cities, but success still eluded him. Broke, Perry was living out of his car for a time. "Can you imagine a six-foot-five man sleeping in a Geo Metro?" he once told Essence magazine. In 1998, Perry tried one more time to win over theater audiences. He rented out the House of Blues in Atlanta for another production of I Know I've Been Changed. Soon Perry was performing to sell out crowds and the musical was moved to a larger theater. After so many years of hard work, he finally earned critical acclaim as well as commercial success.

For his next project, Perry worked on an adaptation of evangelist T. D. Jakes's book Woman, Thou Art Loosed, which proved to be quite popular. His next effort, however, brought to life his most famous character Madea. The gun-toting, sharp-tongue grandma first appeared in his 2000 play, I Can Do Bad All by Myself.

4Rest In Peace Mandela Empty Re: Rest In Peace Mandela Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:52 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
he is very active in NO, he sponsors young actors, pays for many musical instruments , established a school for young actors and is as down home as they come. We ran into him in the French Market and he acted like he had known us forever. He has paid for several habitat houses and is very vocal on rebuilding the 9th ward. Fine man

5Rest In Peace Mandela Empty Re: Rest In Peace Mandela Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:38 am

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
I've been to the jernt a coupla (short) times and 27 years in there will destroy a man. It made Mandela greater. His country still needs him. Rest In Peace Mandela 592180

6Rest In Peace Mandela Empty Re: Rest In Peace Mandela Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:35 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Yes, and Perry supported a very important person. Very true

Moon ,breaking the law is different, from helping humanity,and being imprisoned for it.

7Rest In Peace Mandela Empty Re: Rest In Peace Mandela Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:26 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Did you all see that fake sign language interpreter at Mandela's memorial service? He was up there signing making no sense whatsoever.

8Rest In Peace Mandela Empty Re: Rest In Peace Mandela Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:33 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
That was hilarious he said he was seeing angels flying around, so much for security ...lmao

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum