You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
It's $27 per month. That's it. Now here are some facts followed by speculation and innuendo:

1.After mass hysteria about old people being forced to eat canned dog food in the 70's, Congress instituted automatic COLAs applied yearly and indexed to inflation.

2.The ONLY two years in which there were NO adjustments were 2010 and 2011,under the Obama admin.

3.The two LOWEST COLAs were 1.5% for last year and this year,under the Obama admin.

4.This latest bi-partisan "deal" Will suspend ALL adjustments for ALL veterans who receive military retirement or disability pensions.

5. $750,000,000,000 has been taken from the worker paid SSA fund and will be used to fund the massive increase in Medicaid enrollments over the next 10 years.Also,the amounts that will be paid for life supporting,expensive medications typically used by the above mentioned elderly and disabled will be drastically reduced,thus drastically INCREASING the co-pays and direct costs to the above mentioned pensioners. Medicaid recipients,unlike ME,get ALL their medications free.They have NO co-pays or deductibles of any kind.

Speculation: I have always said that the ACA was designed to transfer as much of the hard earned SSA fund to the Medicaid program in an effort to increase those dependant on a Democrat dominated and managed government. Nobody in their right mind can tell ME that my cost of living has only gone up 3% in the last 4 years.  My huge cost of living adjustment (COLA) starting Jan 1 !!! 7747

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
The young people have to contribute. Or it will not work.
Canada Arabia and other Countries have National Health.

But it seems a bit unfair when people from abroad to get it too.
They have not paid anything in for the service.

America has left this a bit late, and it will cost a lot of money.

If it were not for National Health I would not be alive today.

A Pensioner gets free prescriptions. (over 65)

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
Candy wrote: "But it seems a bit unfair when people from abroad to get it too.
They have not paid anything in for the service."

Our population and geographic size allow for NO comparisons to England.

A 19 year old drug addict who never worked, is guilty of many arrests, and has contributed NOTHING to our economy gets better care than I do,totally cost free AND a monthly check for $740.00 And that was BEFORE Obamacare. You don't get it and never will. Sorry,but you have NO idea of what we're talking about.

I am alive because of the March Of Dimes, Elks-Aidmore clinics, and Emory University hospital. My mom only had to pay for my orthopedic shoes;and that was in the 50's

This is a political game that has nothing to do with "healthcare".

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
You don't get it and never will. Sorry,but you have NO idea of what we're talking about. Said Moon.....

Charming.......... Sorry I opened my mouth.
Carry on and eat your canned dog food.

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
Candy Cottingham wrote:You don't get it and never will. Sorry,but you have NO idea of what we're talking about. Said Moon.....

Charming.......... Sorry I opened my mouth.
Carry on and eat your canned dog food.

I drive and own a 2008 Miata and a 2003 Windstar,live in a very nice 2br suburban duplex,and get $1849 per month. I rarely eat canned anything.

I was certainly able to afford a week's visit to Blackpool a few years ago. As I (and you) said,you know nuffink.

6My huge cost of living adjustment (COLA) starting Jan 1 !!! Empty Some vitriole for euro-land: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:29 pm

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
We formed a union 230 years ago to form the most powerful nation in the world. Europe formed a union 30 years ago to avoid becoming shrunken,irrelevant, former monarchies.

They now gather 'neath German skirts so that nation can bail them out one miserable failure at a time. re: Greece.

Barak Obama is determined to follow the European example and reduce us to mediocrity. We are in competition with China,India, and a re-emerging Russian Federation.We DO NOT need to be wasting our resources on stupid social programs that cost much and do little.

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Hoist The Jolly Roger ...we have a Pirate amongst us.

Our Health Care is the envy of the world.

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
My huge cost of living adjustment (COLA) starting Jan 1 !!! 964184876 
Candy Cottingham wrote:Hoist The Jolly Roger ...we have a Pirate amongst us.

Our Health Care is the envy of the world.

It should be. As I said before,the only way to do universal healthcare is the way England did it. But there is NO resemblance between your NHS and Obamacare. NONE.

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
But there is NO resemblance between your NHS and Obamacare. NONE. Moon wrote

Give me a couple of examples of the difference.

But do not mention money because I cannot calculate the difference between Pounds and Dollars.

Our NHS was formed by Anuerin Bevin after the war in 1947

Our National Health stamp covers free medication AND Pension.

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
Just a couple of differences???

As in your country,we pay a payroll deduction that covers retirement pensions. As in your country,that includes med-care upon retirement,but the similarities end there. Your system which requires a HUGE payroll deduction,covers everyone,of all ages,regardless of ability to pay.Our system provides Medicare for pensioners and the disabled at no cost.If you are NOT retired or disabled,our system requires that one buy healthcare insurance and the choices are (were) limitless.If you  are indigent or a child,you were fully covered by Medicaid.If you are simply a bum or layabout,the 1986 "Emergency Care Act" required hospitals to provide medical care regardless of whether you could pay or not.

Virtually every single person,including illegal immigrants,was assured of basic healthcare.WE HAD the best healthcare system in the world.That's why people from around the world came HERE for major medical services (not England)

Since the implementation of Obamacare on Oct 1, about 1/2 million people have bought insurance. 6 MILLION HAVE HAD THEIR POLICIES terminated because they did not conform to Obamacare standards.Does that sound like a good system to YOU???

Google "Medicare"

Google "Medicaid"

I cannot describe Obamacare to you since nobody knows what it is.It changes almost on a daily basis.Obama has repeatedly and unconstitutionally re-written it to meet every political expediency. It seems to have been designed to destroy the private health insurance industry here in the USA and is succeeding.

The euros WORSHIP Obama just like they idolized Wilson.I wish Obama was in a euro-government hospital right now dying of a condition they can't handle.

You say that the UK's NHS is the "envy of the world"? Who told you that,the world or the BBC?

SSC

SSC
Admin
The raise as well as Obamacare are just prime examples of getting screwed and not feeling it. I am so over all the garbage that is being crammed down out throats and watching my civil rights float away.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum