You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Oil spill Galveston Texas Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:48 am

gypsy

gypsy
GALVESTON FERRY UPDATE** Ferry services from Galveston to Bolivar have been suspended due to an oil spill in Galveston Bay. The closure is at the request of the U.S. Coast Guard.
Drivers expecting to use the ferry services this evening and tomorrow should be prepared with alternate plans. Contact the Ferry Office for status updates at (409) 795-2230.

2Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:29 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
There was a lot more to add to this, it was a barge and a ship collision, over 100,000 gal. of oil spilled in the bay and is now going toward the gulf, several cruise ships are stranded until it is contained and they are allowed to dock or depart. A good bit of oil has washed up on Galveston beach and cleanup crews are on site as well as Coast Guard. The Dawn emergency truck has also arrived to assist in cleaning the birds.

3Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:02 am

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
SSC wrote:There was a lot more to add to this, it was a barge and a ship collision, over 100,000 gal. of oil spilled in the bay and is now going toward the gulf, several cruise ships are stranded until it is contained and they are allowed to dock or depart. A good bit of oil has washed up on Galveston beach and cleanup crews are on site as well as Coast Guard. The Dawn emergency truck has also arrived to assist in cleaning the birds.
I think you may have missed the poster's point: OIL IS EVIL AND ONLY CAUSES HARM.

Nuclear energy is evil too and dangerous as well.

And coal?? COAL!!! Coal is dangerous,evil, and dirty.

Our only way to cleanse ourselves of these poisons is to build campfires. Big ones. They can be relied upon to drive our industry,get us to work, and feed us. I'm gonna go build one in my front yard right now.

4Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:51 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Our only way to cleanse ourselves of these poisons is to build campfires. Big ones. They can be relied upon to drive our industry, get us to work, and feed us. I'm gonna go build one in my front yard right now. Says Meemoon...

I am glad I don't live next door to you ... I don't need SMUTS on my washing. LOL  Oil spill  Galveston Texas 415675 

We are not allowed to have Bonfires in our gardens in this Country.
Jolly right too.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

5Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:03 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
I just thought of something..... (Don't happen often)

If we want the Window Cleaner to clean our windows.....He has to put SCAFFOLDING up first...... ELF and Safety Rules.

Not seen a Window Cleaner for years !!!

My windows are a disgrace ... The Ole Man don't fancy that job.  Oil spill  Galveston Texas 477996 

6Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:18 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Candy Cottingham wrote:We are not allowed to have Bonfires in our gardens in this Country.
Jolly right too.
In Florida we can't have bonfires in the city unless we call the fire department first and let them know. If you live in the suburbs you can have one if you have enough land around you. I don't think there is an exact law in miles and feet of where bonfires are allowed and where they aren't, you just use common sense. If you live in the country you can have one in your front yard like moon. As far as beaches go, you have to know the right places to start a bonfire, or own some beach front property. Some hotels have beach parties with a bonfire cooking seafood, and the drinks are flowing.

7Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:27 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
There you go !!!
Meemoon must be a Country Bumkin.

I am a Townie....

8Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:32 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I really don't know if moon is in the city or country, all I know is he lives in South Carolina. If hes in the city, a bonfire in his front yard was a joke like I'm sure it was. A fire in anyone's front yard is bizarre no matter where they live. smile

9Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:08 pm

gypsy

gypsy
What I meant are more regulations need to be met, also there are more ways to operate than the use of oil,I sure don't want fracking running through my yard or anywhere in this country and have to worry about our health, and water supplies.in this day of technology we surely can find some way to not have to depend on oil,and especially oil from other countries,use our own oil.
I live in the country, we do have laws for burning, we can have bonfires, but not during certain seasons. Some one was careless for crash of the two boats/barges.

10Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:15 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
That was what it was an accident, I'm sure the captains didn't decide to play chicken and run into each other. To be independent of imported oil we must use resources available here, Keystone is crucial in many ways and fracking is just another issue for people to run screaming the sky is falling. We have bonfires all the time, burn leaves and pretty well do what we want, have fireplaces. During the dry season we will be under a no burn order. But as usual the government is trying to pressure states in stopping the use of fireplaces, once again they do not realize in winter conditions where power is out a fireplace might be the only source of heat for a family.

11Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:28 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Keystone would be a disaster, plus America will not benefit the oil from Canada will be sent to the gulf and then shipped to China, the jobs it would create is very small and will only last while the pipe line is built. look at all the disaster fracking has caused. plus it leaves behind an ugliness, and takes away the beauty of nature.

12Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:56 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Ugly is millions being spent on imported oil, during construction of Keystone there will be thousands of jobs for a minimum of 2 years, I'm sure those people would be glad for a couple years of work as opposed to none. It is not only the construction of the pipeline, but the suppliers of material, the Mom and Pop restaurants along the construction areas benefiting, motels supplying lodging, stores selling necessities to laborers , the trickle down effect would amount to millions in added income to a struggling economy in the midwest

13Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:05 pm

gypsy

gypsy
not a long term benefit, maybe for Canada,and China but not for the US,I hope it is not passed. a lot of Americans hope it isn't passed also. there is no such thing as trickle down the only ones benefiting our big oil,and co operations.

14Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:31 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Well if you are against big oil etc. don't use your car, lawn mower utilities in your home, plastic products and so on, because each time you use one YOU are supporting big oil. Think about it !!

15Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:45 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I am for new development, inventions, and no dependency on foreign oil. we have enough here in the states to last for many years, while new things are developed.

16Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:30 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
I just thought of something .... (Brain overload)

Since 1st of March just gone. The Powers that be, have decided to turn all our street lights off from Midnight to 5 a.m. Main Roads as well. ... So now we are all bumping into one another. Early Dog walkers are using Torches.
Can't see to put the key in the car door lock.

Good job our place is surrounded by search lights.  :rotflslap: 
We are going back to the Dark Ages.

17Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:53 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Wow that is a major cut back for sure, seems to invite trouble to me and certainly unsafe conditions.

18Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:02 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I agree the gulf has finally been opened enough they are building thousands of new rigs and about 70 percent of the old ones are producing. Off shore jobs are booming right now. The problem with all of our own oil is interference by agencies on drilling. There is suppose to be a huge oil deposit either in N.Dakota or S.Dakota and they blocked drilling, sometimes for the most bizarre reasons, minnows in a river, or an owl, wind farms were a bust all they did was kill off hundreds of endangered eagles. I am for solar energy, I've had it for years and love it.

19Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:16 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Some batty Neighbour has paid thousands to put Solar Panels on their roof ... WE DON'T GET MUCH SUN ...

These shiesters come round the doors and try and sell you something. I shout at them ... GO AWAY ..... Grrrrrrrrr!!!   Oil spill  Galveston Texas 662882 
I do not open the door.

SHYSTERS ...can't spell for toffee ....But they sure are Heisters....

20Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:14 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Hey Candy but English women have beautiful skin, :)

21Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:19 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
There are lots of ways of producing energy that is cheap and very efficient and clean, the technology is already here, but the real owners of this country (the billionaires, big business owners) don't want it impelemented because they have investments with oil companies, coal, and other energy producing companies that would take a negative hit financially, so they don't want any new technology introduced that will hurt there investments at this time. They would prefer to hold off on introducing and implementing any new energy. They first want to wait until they have used up all the oil and coal, and exhausted all our reserves so there is no waste, they want to get all the money they can out of it first, then they will bring out the new tech. They own the new tech as well as the oil and coal, they are invested in everything. They are who calls the shots. The people who run this country are invested in everything. They have all of the politicians, lawyers and judges in their back pockets, and they don't care what the citizens want because theyt are not the ones running this country, they are, so they will sell you less costly energy that is clean and more powerful and efficient than anything we've used before when they feel it is the right time. And the right time is a financial decision that benefits them.

22Oil spill  Galveston Texas Empty Re: Oil spill Galveston Texas Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:40 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Hey you know What!!!
This is unbelievable.
A Neighbour was worried about all the Moss on their roof.

We just swept ours off with a broom.

Anyway they had their roof pressure washed .... which made the old tiles Porous and the roof leaked.
So it was spray painted to protect it.

The bottom line is that it cost them £7,000 ....What Doughnuts.
 Oil spill  Galveston Texas 41523 
The Boss man turned up in an expensive car to give them a price.
That should have rung alarm bells.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum