You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1US deficit cut Empty US deficit cut Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:34 pm

gypsy

gypsy
U.S. Deficit Cut by Almost One-Third to $492 Billion: CBO
By Derek Wallbank  Apr 14, 2014 2:48 PM CT  
The 2014 deficit will be 2.8 percent of the economy, according to the Congressional... Read More
Related
White House Press Briefing: Health Law, Ukraine
The U.S. government’s deficit will fall to $492 billion this year, according to the Congressional Budget Office, a steeper drop than originally predicted from $680 billion in fiscal year 2013.

The 2014 deficit will be 2.8 percent of the economy, according to CBO, almost 32 percent below fiscal year 2013, when it was 4.1 percent. The deficit will shrink again in fiscal 2015 to $469 billion, before rising to about $1 trillion in fiscal years 2022 to 2024, CBO said.

“This will be the fifth consecutive year in which the deficit has declined as a share of GDP since peaking at 9.8 percent in 2009,” CBO said in a report released today. The 2.8 figure as a percentage of gross domestic product is lower than the 3.1 percent average of the last 40 years, CBO said.

Related: Obama’s Shrinking Budget Deficits Silence Foreign Critics

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/05/budget-deficit-trillion-cbo_n_2623910.html

President Barack Obama has often pointed to the declining deficit in making the case for his economic program, including greater spending on infrastructure and other items. Republicans have called for deeper cuts to balance the budget.

CBO revised its projection from $514 billion in February, “mostly because the agency now anticipates lower outlays for discretionary programs and net interest payments,” the office said. The 20-page report is an update of CBO’s 10-year baseline projections released in February.

Rising Deficits

White House spokesman Jay Carney noted the report and a separate one CBO released showing that the 2010 health care law will cost $104 billion less than expected over the next decade. That law, Carney said, is “making historic progress in slowing health care cost growth and improving our nation’s fiscal outlook by lowering deficits.”

2US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:03 am

gypsy

gypsy

3US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:44 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
That all looks great, but if you go to the Gov. web site and read projected debt between 2016-2022 it will sky rocket, 2016 is when more Obamacare  cuts take effect, how odd he would set it like that the year he goes out of office ?? Don't get me wrong I would love to see the debt drop but at what cost ? Veterans benefits reduced, already happened...extended unemployment benefits cut...already happened...Medicare benefits to Drs cut..already happened...reducing military spending..already happened. Reduced prescription coverage for elderly..already happened.. Who in the end is really going to pay this price ? And it all boils down from 2016-2022 as a projection they have no way of knowing that far in advance what the out come will really be. It is more like wishful thinking for now.

This is a very long article put out by the Gov. if you want to read it.
http://www.cbo.gov/publication/21999

4US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:23 pm

gypsy

gypsy
SSC I don't know where you get that veterans pay and cut to unemployment was Obamas doing the House republicans did all that. everything you mentioned in this article was voted by house Republicans. I am elderly my prescriptions are cheaper under AFC and doctors care is excellent.
I figure the money analysis people, are smarter than we are, the people who do all the projected costs. if the next few  years are any indignation that things will improve like they have for the last five, then i will be happy. no wars. maybe all of our troops will get to come home,I know lots of them will from Afghan. Government shut down Republicans, because they didn't get to repeal Obama care, it is fact that the AFC is working,and that Obama/Biden have started the healing of our country, with no  help from Congress.

I read part of it the article, I have to agree in part with you, we do not know what will happen ten years or more from now.

5US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:02 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Obama has the golden pen to over write any law and pull an executive order, as of Dec.28, 2013 extended unemployment benefits were stopped, there is another bill right now to open them up,military benefits were cut also in health care. There is no guarantee of no wars under any administration so far Obama has been in 3 under his watch, cutting the strength of our military is sending a signal of weakness to the world. Limitations of prescriptions are showing up every day as well as approved procedures. Hopefully you took the high dollar Humana policy, if not you may be in for a sad awakening at a crucial time. A friend took Blue Cross and was denied access to he breast cancer doctor ( she is in stage 3 and having a double removal. ) She had to start all over again to find Drs. accepted in the network and now travel 300 miles for surgery. Unacceptable to me.

6US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:33 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Sure he does SSC but he had rather work with congress they have done nothing for the people since Oba was elected their agenda was  not let any of Obama's bills pass,I have to ask again Congress where are the jobs? that is your job. yes Obama has the golden pen but I think I recall an objection from you and all Republicans he is a dictator if he does this..  as far as History and memory,I know of no accomplishments Republican have had  to benefit our country., in decades. Also SSC I have Humana and medicare they have worked together with the gov, of Ky with AFC I had 30thousand dollar hospital bill in July last year and this year in February another 15thousand no out of pocket at all it was all paid, thanks to AFC. you have Gov Jindal to blame for poor health care, he didn't except monies to expand medicaid, and support the AFC. Three wars under Obama?.remember Two were Bushes and what is the third one your talking about? if your friend had signed up for AFC she would not be experiencing this, again your Gov Jindal is the blame for the poor healthcare.

7US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:17 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Her insurance is through her husbands work not a Gov. hand out program, Jindal once again saw what was farther down the road when the Feds turn the Medicaid payments back to the states, this is in the future for Obamacare, millions will be charged back to the states, a debt La. can't afford, especially with all the regulations on our oil and gas industry having a negative impact on attracting new offshore business. Obama has had 6 years to deal with 2 wars what has he shown ??? We still there. I read Ky. healthcare plans also read Obama is getting ready to put your coal industry on its knees, not great for your states economy. That pretty much will leave you with the racehorse business as a major income generator. I find it very hard to believe you had no out of pocket expense for medical bills, which Humana policy did you chose ?

8US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:25 pm

gypsy

gypsy
he is not putting us on  our its knees, he is making it better for mine workers and health care for citizens by cleaner coal and regulations. where you get the idea  that the feds will turn medicaid back to the states! it already is in states. he ended one Iraq war and has ended Afghan troops will be coming home  starting this year. those weren't his wars he inherited them and is the one paying for them .he got osa bin laden. another thing the bush administration couldn't do. I had no out of pocket I can send you the printouts LOL  we have more than racehorse, work is in force on parks and other things for our State, our State is improving under Beshear .

9US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:13 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
That's true, medicaid is state regulated.

10US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:52 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
This is a portion of a very long article, this explains the Fed. expense for Medicaid
****http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=2223****************************************************************************

How Much Does Medicaid Cost? How Is It Financed?

Together, states and the federal government spent about $414 billion on Medicaid services in fiscal year 2011. State policies have a large impact on the amount the federal government spends on Medicaid, not only because states are guaranteed federal Medicaid matching funds for the costs of covered services furnished to eligible individuals, but also because states have broad discretion to determine who is eligible, what services they will cover, and what they will pay for covered services.

Under Medicaid, the federal government contributes at least $1 in matching funds for every $1 a state spends on its Medicaid program, whatever those costs may be. The fixed percentage the federal government pays, known as the “FMAP,” varies from state to state, with poorer states receiving larger federal amounts for each dollar they spend than wealthier states. In the poorest states, the federal government pays 73 percent of all Medicaid service costs; the national average is about 57 percent.

Medicaid is a lean program. It costs Medicaid substantially less than private insurance to cover people of similar health status. This is due primarily to Medicaid’s lower payment rates to providers and lower administrative costs. And over the past decade, costs per beneficiary grew much more slowly for Medicaid than for employer-sponsored insurance. The Office of the Actuary at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services projects that Medicaid spending per beneficiary (excluding the effects of the Medicaid expansion) will grow no more rapidly through 2021 than spending per beneficiary with private insurance.

Moreover, because Medicaid costs are projected to rise more slowly than it estimated in August 2010, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) in February 2013 lowered its estimate of projected federal spending on the program between 2011 and 2020 by $218 billion, or 6.4 percent.

11US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:31 pm

gypsy

gypsy
http://www.healthinsurancegov.com/states/kentucky/?kw=Medicaid&gclid=CO-nh4PS470CFUpnOgodBV0AHAMy daughter is on  disability, not  full disability though so much is held out of her check each month   a link to what I found.

Consumer Assistance in Kentucky
Contact your state department of insurance to get consumer help with a health insurance problem or question.

Medicaid in Kentucky
Kentucky is expanding its Medicaid program to cover households with incomes up to 138% of the federal poverty level. That works out to $16,105 a year for 1 person or $32,913 for a family of 4. You can find out whether you qualify for Medicaid in Kentucky 2 ways: Contact your state Medicaid agency right now or fill out an application for coverage in the Health Insurance Marketplace.

Shop Health Insurance Marketplace in Kentucky
If your small business is located in Kentucky, you can use the kynect: Kentucky's Healthcare Connection website to enroll your employees in health coverage

Health Insurance Marketplace in Kentucky
If you live in Kentucky, you’ll use the kynect: Kentucky's Healthcare Connection website to apply and enroll in health coverage.

CHIP in Kentucky
Kentucky CHIP covers uninsured children in families with moderate incomes that are too high to qualify for Medicaid. You can find out whether your children qualify for Kentucky CHIP right now. Fill out a Marketplace application and find out whether your children qualify. Learn more about Kentucky CHIP.

12US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:34 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
That seems fair to me. We need the medicaid program so all seems fine in that area.

13US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:47 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Very true Mark,, if people didn't have this service they would die it is a good thing and should not be cut, it should continue to be improved. and to do checks to make sure the claims are legit, it is a tough part going through all the tests to get medicaid, which is good, cuts back on fraud.

14US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:22 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
States are different on requirements to sign up for Medicaid, Ky. looks much like La. but most of it is done online, then you select one of 5 healthcare programs, they assign a Dr. to you and you are good to go, but here if you get the maximum in unemployment $247.00 a week $222.00 if you have Fed taxes taken out you don't qualify for Medicaid, you are only allowed income of $125.00 a week.

15US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:04 am

gypsy

gypsy
Of course they are, but the fact is every state needs it.some more than others.so if Republicans cut theses benefits more, where do the poor/middle class stand? if Congress will not approve extending of unemployment benefit's and other programs then what. what if America goes the way of the Koch brothers, who give big monies to Republican party/tparty,What happens to America? we become like a third world country,Russia for example. where the wealthy completely control our America, they almost do now.

16US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
There you go again, google Koch contributions to Democrats, 26 in house and senate have received funds from Koch brothers since 2006 in the form of donations from Koch associates, now what about Soros he is filtering in money also, but you don't mention his influence on Dems.
Medicaid is a very needed program in all states, I am not against it at all. There is nothing wrong with the Tea party maybe this country needs fresh ideas that Dems and Repubs are not coming up with.

17US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:27 pm

gypsy

gypsy
The tparty is a radical dangerous group.I would hate to see one president, we have enough trouble with them in congress. no I have never heard of koch bro,  donating money to the Democrats, or party   I will check that out. thanks for pointing out the donations from koch bros. I think it should be stopped on both sides.

18US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:19 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
The chart didn't copy but if you go to the link it shows a list, Landreau also should be on the list.

Surprise: Tons of Democrats Took Money From Koch Industries
Daniel Doherty | Apr 14, 2014
Daniel Doherty
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/danieldoherty/2014/04/14/surprise-long-list-of-dems-take-money-from-koch-brothers-n1824366

By now you’re well acquainted with the Left’s demagoguery vis-à-vis Koch Industries. To the surprise of no one, Charles and David Koch have borne the brunt of the Senate Majority Leader’s endless and incoherent bromides on the Senate floor in recent months, in which he has branded both brothers a threat to our democracy. But while the hits keep on coming -- literally -- Democrats find themselves in a rather unfortunate position. As it turns out, lots of prominent Democrats have accepted campaign contributions on behalf of Koch Industries, including in a roundabout way the Senate Majority Leader himself:

From Truth Revolt:

photo kochindustries_zps4fbd2c33.png

Parting question: no one has smeared the Koch brothers more tirelessly than Harry Reid. But will other Democrats join the party? I see at least two red state Senate Democrats on this list that are up for re-election in the fall. Will they repudiate the Left’s newest below-the-belt campaign strategy -- as Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) has done -- or embrace it?

Let the speculation begin.

19US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:30 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Here's the list enlarged:

US deficit cut Kochin10

20US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:53 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Thank you Mark, you are always the savior here !!!

21US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:57 pm

gypsy

gypsy
well as I said big monies should not be in politics, both Republicans and Democrats. Republicans do big smear  tactics  . But I will still vote democrat. US deficit cut 457757

22US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:49 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Jesus Christ Gypsy Democrats don't do smear campaigns  ? Someone needs to tape Harry Reed and Nancy's mouth shut, they are the epitome of smear leaders. This list is small compared to what unions are funneling into politics.

23US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:28 pm

gypsy

gypsy
well I see more Republicans doing smear , seldom see Democrats do it.

24US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:54 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
That is only because you don't want to see it, believe me there is plenty mud slinging from Dems.

25US deficit cut Empty Re: US deficit cut Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:27 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Well I guess I will be on the look out US deficit cut 729264 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum