You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Apple Dumplings- with a twist Empty Apple Dumplings- with a twist Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:57 pm

gypsy

gypsy
2 (8 count) cans crescent rolls
3 -4 tart apples I use Granny Smith
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 (12 ounce) can Mountain Dew soda
Directions:

Spray a 13x9 baking dish or pan.

Peel and slice apples into 16 pieces.

Roll each apple slice in 1 section of crescent roll.
4Place rolled slices in pan in two rows, put extras along side.

Melt butter, add sugar and cinnamon and pour over apples.

Pour can of Mountain Dew over all.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

I add a pat of butter to each dumpling on top, an then bake.

2Apple Dumplings- with a twist Empty Re: Apple Dumplings- with a twist Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:53 am

the hermit

the hermit
This recipe takes me back 60 years. Not this version though. I remember my mother making apple dumplings using whole apples wrapped in pastry and baked in the oven.

( She would have used Bramley apples, a popular culinary variety in England. The first 'Bramley's Seedling' tree grew from pips planted by Mary Ann Brailsford when she was a young girl in her garden in Southwell, Nottinghamshire, UK in 1809.[2] The tree in the garden was later included in the purchase of the cottage by a local butcher, Matthew Bramley in 1846. In 1856, a local nurseryman, Henry Merryweather asked if he could take cuttings from the tree and start to sell the apples. Bramley agreed but insisted that the apples should bear his name.)

I have no idea what (8 count) cans crescent rolls are, nor what a can of Mountain Dew is. Sorry same words but a different language.

3Apple Dumplings- with a twist Empty Re: Apple Dumplings- with a twist Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:23 am

gypsy

gypsy
Hi Hermit, Crescent rolls  are a tube of dough,that is used as crust, Mountain dew is a soda pop ,sweet and a bit fruity.these dumplings would be delicious prepared the old fashioned way also.
 :)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum