You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Candy has had her operation. Empty Candy has had her operation. Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:14 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
I am back after my Operation ....what comes next is many visits for Radiotherapy //// 5days a week for 3 weeks. The big Hospital I have to go to is in London North ...
The food was good. I was with 3 nice ladies in one room....I must say we all had a good laugh. I came home and left the other Ladies for another night.
Before the operation they mapped me out on a machine and injected me with a blue Radio Active Dye. Now my urine is a nice bright Cobalt Blue.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

2Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:46 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I'm glad you got the surgery over with and you're alright.  Candy has had her operation. 335431

3Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:09 pm

gypsy

gypsy

glad your alright Jeannie. get well .

4Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:36 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:I'm glad you got the surgery over with and you're alright.  Candy has had her operation. 335431

Now what about you Mark ... anything happening.

Bit painful and I am now fighting a heavy head cold.

But I feel so well and glad that part is all over.
I am taking co-codamol for pain if I need to.
Got a good appetite. In Hospital I had a nice piece of Ham & salad & mashed potato.. This morning I had two Weetabix and hot milk. (Cereal) Tonight Brian cooked a bit of bacon, Peas & Mash Potato.

Apparently the Radio Therapy makes you feel tired.

I said to the Anethatist ... Don't ask me to count to 3 ... I will be gone after ONE. I had a Saline drip and there was Oxegen set up if I wanted to oxgenate my blood. I was very whoosy and dizzy when they brought me round, but I was still determined to Talk ... even if they were all swimming around.

But what a good excuse not doing the ironing.

5Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:42 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Jeannie,I love your outlook ,and good humor.

6Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:29 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Get well and take it easy radiation will have a few side effects but you are strong and the worst is over already, you are in my prayers.

7Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:37 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
SSC wrote:Get well and take it easy radiation will have a few side effects but you are strong and the worst is over already, you are in my prayers.

Thanks S.S.C.
I wish they had a cure for the common cold. I just keep sneezing.
But I will take a Hammer and smash it. Been sweatiing like a Pig...

8Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:01 pm

gypsy

gypsy
  Pigs don't sweat  :rotflslap: 

9Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
gypsy wrote:  Pigs don't sweat  :rotflslap: 

With all the Fat Pigs carry you would think that Pigs do sweat.

But you know Gypsy.
leather made from the hide of a pig ...I looked that up.  Candy has had her operation. 19239 

I do not think I had a head cold ... Daughter suggested that it might be Hay Fever. Pollen count is very high.

pigs in clover
someone in a place where they feel happy, people in comfortable places

Candy has had her operation. 762134 

10Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Sun May 04, 2014 6:26 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Candy I hope things are going well with your recovery, stay positive !!

11Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Sun May 04, 2014 7:27 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Hope your getting better, and better, Take Care, some one told me to tell you that~
Best Wishes.

12Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Sun May 04, 2014 10:28 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Hope your getting better, and better, Take Care, some one told me to tell you that~
Best Wishes.

Thanks S.S.C. & Gypsy .... I guess I am getting fed up with the pains around my stitches.

I will be seeing the Surgeon Thursday.

You did say it will be a long Road S.S.C. Still I must be more than half way along that Road.

13Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Sat May 10, 2014 9:28 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
I have to have a Second operation this Thursday to remove the Lymp Nodes under my arm. The Rogue cells have spread.
Then it will be 3 to 6 weeks Radio Therapy and I will be taking Tamoxifen for 5 years. medication that interferes with the activity of estrogen in breast tissue, prescription drug used to treat breast cancer
The likely hood of it coming back is slim.

Info. There are approx 30 nodes under the arm which get smaller and smaller ... the first one is big as a finger nail and that has all ready been removed for Biopsy.

The Hospital will not be making me Radio Active again ...because I will not be undergoing the Mapping procedure.

I did my own swabs for MRSA which I thought was fun.

14Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Sat May 10, 2014 11:38 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Be prepared for hot flashes on the Tamoxifen, you are still in my continued prayers, are they just doing the radiology treatments or will they do chemotherapy also ?

15Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Tue May 13, 2014 10:10 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
SSC wrote:Be prepared for hot flashes on the Tamoxifen, you are still in my continued prayers, are they just doing the radiology treatments or will they do chemotherapy also ?

No Chemo SSC ......... Cancer is a Bitch ...it travels.
Thank you for your prayers.

I did not have hot flushes during my change ... I got away with it light.

It troubles me when my Mother and Brother aged 54 died of Cancer. But mine is different.

I use to open my garden every year for the Cancer Hospice.

Breast Cancer is caused by Estrogen which is stored in our fat.

As far as I know the Rogue cells multiply and the good cells cannot cope. I am takeing co-codamol for the pains. Luckerly I am in good health. I rest a lot ... but I am not allowed to hoover or ironing which is fine by me.

I have had every part of my body tested, so many tests.
I think you can have a CT scan for any spots but that is not on the books.

16Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Tue May 13, 2014 11:19 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
I have several friends going through breast cancer right now, each seems to be handling treatment differently as well as the side effects, two of them are juicing to make a body flush that helps clear the kidneys of the radiation residue left behind. I had cervical cancer 18 years ago and a complete hysterectomy . My friends have had double mastectomy and one is waiting for reconstruction, the other like you had to go back for lymph nodes to be removed, so it is taking her a little longer for reconstruction. Take it easy and enjoy not doing house hold chores...Prayers as always.

17Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Sun May 18, 2014 9:06 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
I have had my second operation. My scar hurts and goes numb, other than that I am OK.

18Candy has had her operation. Empty Re: Candy has had her operation. Sun May 18, 2014 10:16 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Good to hear Candy.
My Grandmother had a mastectomy over sixty years ago, it was so drastic,
a lot different today,,Praying for your wellness.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum