You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gypsy

gypsy
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/05/30/john-boehner-shinseki-resignation-blame-president-obama-va-scandal.html        

Boehner made it clear that House Republicans are going into blame Obama mode, “His resignation, though, does not absolve the president of his responsibility to step in and make things right for our veterans. Business as usual can not continue. As a first step, the Senate should immediately take up the House passed VA Management Accountability Act. And until the president outlines a vision and an effective plan for addressing the broad dysfunction at the VA, today’s announcement really changes nothing. One personnel change can not be used as an excuse to paper over a systemic problem. Our veterans deserve better, and we’ll hold the president accountable until he makes things right.”

Speaker Boehner ignored everything that President Obama said earlier when he accepted Gen. Shinseki’s resignation.

During his announcement, the president said:

He’s (Shinseki) not adverse to admitting where there’s a problem and going after it. But we occupy a — not just an environment that calls for management fixes, we’ve also got to deal with Congress and you guys. And I think Ric’s judgment that he could not carry out the next stages of reform without being a distraction himself.
And so my assessment was, unfortunately, that he was right. I regret that he has to resign under these circumstances, but I also have confidence in Sloan, and I share Ric Shinseki’s assessment that the number-one priority is making sure that problems get fixed so that if there’s a veteran out there who needs help that they’re getting a schedule and they’re able to come in and see a doctor, and that if there are facilities that don’t have enough doctors or do not have enough nurses or do not have enough space, that that information immediately gets in the hands of decision-makers, all the way up to me and all the way to Congress, so that we can get more resources in there to help folks.
What Speaker Boehner tried to frame as the president papering over the problem was actually the removal of a distraction that Republicans could use to paper over the problem. The president also noted that a big part of the VA’s scheduling problem is that they are using a computer system from the 1990s. Rep. Boehner had no comment about the need for funding, so that the VA can upgrade their systems. Instead, Boehner’s only answer seems to be to fire people.

Republicans don’t seem all that interested in fixing the problems at the VA. They appear to be more interested in putting on a show by firing people and blaming the president.

It’s the same old song and dance. When the country needs a real solution, all Republicans are prepared to do is throw their arms in the air and blame Obama.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Of course we blame Obama this is his watch and he has been well aware of issues for years and as with many things he has chosen to ignore it and play dumb even having the audacity to say he heard about it on the news ?? Really why compound an already bad situation with flagrant lies and then want to be insulted when he gets called on his lies. he used the VA during his run for office as one of his top priories, geee wonder what happened to that promise ?????

gypsy

gypsy
the blame game won't work because republicans are just as much to blame, the do nothing congress the worse in America's history, Again G"night

SSC

SSC
Admin
All I am stating is Obama's words, maybe you believe and hang onto every thing he says as gospel, but in the real world he is a liar and compounds it with more lies. How do you trust someone like that to handle your future, I certainly don't, nor any of his cronies like Crazy harry and Nuts Nancy and now Shifty Hillary. A sorry lots in my eyes.

gypsy

gypsy
I know of nothing that he has lied about, .

SSC

SSC
Admin
If you like your Dr you can keep your DR. (Obamacare )
I just heard about this on the news (VA scandal )

need more ??

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/statements/byruling/false/?page=4
All False statements involving Barack Obama
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

"Between Two Ferns" was a hit, but this factoid is wrong
"Most young Americans right now, they’re not covered" by health insurance.
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Well under half that
"We’ve got close to 7 million Americans who have access to health care for the first time because of Medicaid expansion."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Admininstration's reports say otherwise
The "most realistic estimates" for jobs created by Keystone XL are "maybe 2,000 jobs during the construction of the pipeline."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Doubled ... in 2025
"We have doubled the distance our cars will go on a gallon of gas."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Lots of Members of Congress don't think so
"Throughout, we have kept Congress fully informed of our efforts" to create a legal framework on counterterrorism.
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

It's households, not families
"If the House of Representatives fails to extend the middle-class tax cuts, 400,000 middle-class Rhode Island families will see their federal income taxes increase."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

A widely spread misquote
Says Mitt Romney "called the Arizona law a model for the nation."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Don't hold your breath for those SBA loans, Mr. Trump
"Under Gov. Romney's definition ... Donald Trump is a small business."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Credit the economy, not Obamacare
Because of Obamacare, "over the last two years, health care premiums have gone up -- it's true -- but they've gone up slower than any time in the last 50 years."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Using a method tilted in Obama's favor
"Over the last four years, the deficit has gone up, but 90 percent of that is as a consequence of" President George W. Bush’s policies and the recession.
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

'Fast and Furious' born in 2009
"Fast and Furious" began under the Bush administration.
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Romney touted a different law
Mitt Romney "says the Arizona immigration law should be a model for the nation."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Romney's own words say otherwise
Says Mitt Romney would deny gay people the right to adopt children.
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

In some ways, losses were bigger under Reagan
"The only time government employment has gone down during a recession has been under me."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Wrong or misleading from several angles
"Under the Romney/Ryan budget, interest rates on federal student loans would be allowed to double."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Slim majority, not unprecedented
If the Supreme Court throws out the federal health care law, it "would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Better to stick to the script
"For the first time since 1990, American manufacturers are creating new jobs."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Wrong in 2009, and wrong today
"Preventive care … saves money, for families, for businesses, for government, for everybody."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Not so fast, Mr. President
"Thirty million Americans, including a lot of people in Florida, are going to be able to get healthcare next year because of that law."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

"In the Works" does not equal "done"
"I made a bunch of these promises during the campaign. ... We've got about 60 percent done in three years."

Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Doubling is a goal -- the U.S. is only a third of the way there
Under President Barack Obama, the United States has "doubled our exports."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Wrong for the week Obama indicated; right for the following week
Says stories about his birth certificate drowned out media coverage of the Republican and White House budget plans the week of April 11.
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

A mangled reference to a prior talking point
The president’s proposed budget "will help reduce the deficit by $400 billion over the next decade to the lowest level since Dwight Eisenhower was president."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Revenue would equal outlays, but he ignores growing interest on the debt
Under the White House’s budget proposal, "we will not be adding more to the national debt" by the middle of the decade.
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Score two to two on judges' decisions on constitionality
Twelve judges have thrown out legal challenges to the health care law because they rejected "the notion that the health care law was unconstitutional."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

We've tracked a few increases
"I didn't raise taxes once."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

A grain of truth in the big picture, far off on the details
When President Franklin D. Roosevelt started Social Security, "it only affected widows and orphans," and when Medicare began, "it was a small program."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

It's called a term sheet and we linked to it
The Bush administration had been "giving (auto companies) billions of dollars and just asking nothing in return."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Big donors bankrolled much of Obama's campaign
"The vast majority of the money I got was from small donors all across the country.''
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

We found at least four
"We've excluded lobbyists from policymaking jobs."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

More than one did
When Obama was interviewed by American reporters in Asia, "Not one of them asked me about Asia. Not one of them asked me about the economy."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Insurer's decision was reversed and man lived three more years
Insurers delayed an Illinois man's treatment, "and he died because of it."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Many limitations on who can shop on the exchange
Health reform will "give every American the same opportunity" to buy health insurance the way members of Congress do.
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Covering preventive care for everyone is a net cost
Preventive care "saves money."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Still wrong
"If we went back to the obesity rates that existed back in the 1980s, the Medicare system over several years could save as much as a trillion dollars."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Oh yes he did
"I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

The president got his "I" states mixed up
Stimulus tax cuts "began showing up in paychecks of 4.8 million Indiana households about three months ago."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Profits, yes, but not record profits
Health insurance companies are "making record profits, right now."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Check your facts, Mr. President. Oil imports are down
"We import more oil today than ever before."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

The president maligns middle-schoolers unfairly
"In eighth grade math, we’ve fallen to ninth place."

Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Yes, there is
"There is no disagreement that we need action by our government, a recovery plan that will help to jump-start the economy."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Obama knows McCain's intentions better than McCain?
"Senator McCain would pay for part of his (health care) plan by making drastic cuts in Medicare — $882-billion worth."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Centerpiece? More like a side dish
"The centerpiece of Senator McCain's education policy is to increase the voucher program in D.C. by 2,000 slots."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

A major distortion on McCain's policy
Under John McCain's health care plan, people get a $5,000 tax credit to buy a $12,000 health care policy, and "that's a loss for you."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Obama ad wrong about McCain abortion charge
John McCain accused Barack Obama "of letting infants die."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Unused acres aren't necessarily being ignored
"Oil companies ...currently have 68-million acres that they're not using."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Obama ad distorts McCain's stem cell position
McCain "has opposed stem cell research."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Obama overstates McCain's plan, whatever that is
"But if my opponent had his way, the millions of Floridians who rely on it would've had their Social Security tied up in the stock market this week."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Abortion numbers have gone down
"The fact is that although we have had a president who is opposed to abortion over the last eight years, abortions have not gone down.''
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

68 million acres isn't going untouched
Oil companies "haven't touched" 68 million acres where they already have rights to drill.
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Obama inflates this tire claim
Fully inflating tires is "a step that every expert says would absolutely reduce our oil consumption by 3 to 4 percent."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

McCain opposes taxes but hasn't commented on bill
John McCain refuses to support a new bipartisan energy bill "because it would take away tax breaks from oil companies like Exxon Mobil."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

This dog won't hunt
The U.S. government spends less on energy innovation "than the pet food industry invests in its own products."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

No shortage of choppers for floods
"Our National Guard, as we saw in the Midwest flooding, can't function as effectively as it could. I was talking to National Guard representatives. Fifteen of their 17 helicopters in this region were overseas during the flooding."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Maybe not a lot, but Obama held fundraisers
"I think we came down here (to Florida) one time ... but we weren't actively fundraising here."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Obama contradicts previously stated pin philosophy
"I have never said that I don't wear flag pins or refuse to wear flag pins."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Not the same old Bush plan
"He's promising four more years of an administration that will push for the privatization of Social Security..."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Straight talk, twisted
"We are bogged down in a war that John McCain now suggests might go on for another 100 years."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

She never said "boon"
"Hillary Clinton believed NAFTA was a 'boon' to our economy."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Experts rate Dem plans about the same
"As has been noted by many observers, including Bill Clinton's former secretary of labor, my plan does more than anybody to reduce costs."

Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

He needs a fill-up on statistics
Americans "have never paid more for gas at the pump."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

That's not the actual quote
"She said, you know, 'I voted for it, but I hoped it wouldn't pass.' That was a quote on live TV."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

No evidence she said that
"I know that Hillary on occasion has said — just last year said this (NAFTA) was a boon to the economy."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

He's a year too late on this energy claim
"Gas prices have never been higher, and Exxon Mobil's profits have never been higher."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

A trillion is too much
"If we went back to the obesity rates that existed in 1980, that would save the Medicare system a trillion dollars."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Edwards tagged 'populist' early on
"John wasn't this raging populist four years ago" when he ran for president.
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

Lightning strikes, but not like the feds
"Right now, an employer has more of a chance of getting hit by lightning than be prosecuted for hiring an undocumented worker. That has to change."
Barack Obama

Barack Obama
False

By itself, black voter increase does not flip Mississippi — or the South
If African-Americans vote their percentage of the population in 2008, "Mississippi is suddenly a Democratic state."

gypsy

gypsy
 Boehner blame  game same old song and dance. 729264 

SSC

SSC
Admin
Don't you love it when sites you have referenced tell the truth :rotflslap: 

gypsy

gypsy
:rotflslap: 

SSC

SSC
Admin
I knew you would agree Boehner blame  game same old song and dance. 457757 

gypsy

gypsy
this is the site I use, not politfact
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/05/31/shinseki-resignation-mistake-democrats-fail-give-gop-narratives.html

Razz

One of Rachel Maddow‘s favorite punching bags is the fact-checking site Politifact, for being self-appointed arbiters of truth who make rulings that appear to go against the very facts they lay out. Tonight she went after them again, this time for taking something they basically proved to be a truth and rating it a Half Truth. Maddow declared that Politifact is “truly terrible” and “ruining” fact-checking.

RELATED: Rachel Maddow Goes Nuclear On PolitiFact: ‘You Are A Disaster’

This particular case concerns tennis champion Martina Navratilova who, while talking about Jason Collins joining the ranks of openly gay athletes on Face the Nation, claimed that in 29 states, you can get fired not only for being gay, but if your employer thinks you’re gay.

Politifact looked into Navratilova’s claim and found that she was correct on the number of states, and even posted stats backing up her claim, but ultimately ruled it as half-true because government employees in those states have protections, more local governments may have anti-discrimination laws, and individual employers can opt not to discriminate. But that still doesn’t detract from Navratilova’s claim being basically true, and Maddow tore into Politifact for quibbling over the facts.

She said that thank to “terrible” sites like Politifact, fact-checking has become “pointless” by trying to undermine the truth with unrelated information.

“The statement you were fact-checking is true, and until somebody figures out how to sue you in order to retrieve the meaning of the word fact from the dark and airless hole you have stuffed it into, Politifact, then no, it is not okay to just make this stuff up. You are truly terrible. Fact checking has to count for something, and Politifact, you are ruining it for everyone.”

SSC

SSC
Admin
haha and of course that comes from your liberal bible site

gypsy

gypsy
like all yours come from the Republican sites~ WELL! WELL! guess we are in a equal match. Check!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum