You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:21 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Am I losing posts or did Gypsy just delete a post ? I know she refered to the crabbing industry as silly ??

Crabbing is not like any other job, not always the kind your every day joe would want or could do It takes a special type of person to battle the elements and work the type of hours required to make the pot runs. You take your chances with mother nature , might be a bust of a season or might be a gold mine. But dedication is the key factor and the love of the ocean. Not a concept many can truely comprehend .

27Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:28 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I can't say one way or the other, I have never watched it, don't intend to, also I put the article to show both sides those who like it and those who don't and whether it was hyped up~ yes i think the industry is sillyto put ones self on danger for that type of occupation` but hey to each his own`,, i deleted the post yes, because i didn't want to argue and really don't care one wy or the other, it is not a life or death something one has to do..

28Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:38 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Gypsy it is a job, it just happens to be one that there are life and death situations , they are in a business of supplying crabs to the seafood industry, have you priced those type of crabs in a seafood market ? They are high dollar, it is a very lucrative business.

Your post of a negative side didn't have a real point in it, as far as refering to this show. There seems to be no doubting the facts that this is based on real life people, boats and the business of crabbing. There is no arguement in the thread , it is all laid out to read, and proven facts.

29Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:43 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I didn't post a negative, personally>> just an article that showed it had been hyped up~and the percentage of those who liked the show and those who don't~ just my right to do that, as i said i don't really care, it isn't important to me,, I think something like this is silly to argue about and get on ones high horse, u would pick anything i say to death. even if i agreed~ end of subject for me, carry on Black Gold - Page 2 503179

30Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:50 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I hope it is the end of your usless banter, you have no clue about this subject , just your usual nosey bullshit post that has no meaning, if you weren't setting up an arguement then you could have fooled me , but you enjoy conflict , so be a woman of your word and shut the shit up.

31Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:59 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
In today's world, reality TV shows are popping up everywhere. Over 70 reality shows have been produced to date according to a popular website. The popularity of these shows and their high ratings have attracted many people's attention and just about every TV network in America now airs some kind of reality show.

A reality TV show has real world people instead of paid actors and actresses. These shows are supposed to portray real life situations and events that affect people's lives. However, participants of reality TV shows are sometimes willing to go outside of their boundaries and do things that they would not necessarily do in their normal lives, without the cameras following their every move.

Some reality TV participants eat really disgusting, horrible strange things and perform potentially life threatening stunts in pursuit of monetary gain. Other participants are put in a house and expected to live in harmony with total strangers. These participants are usually under a lot of pressure when their characters clash.

Thousands upon thousands of Americans are watching reality TV shows every day. For some people, these shows help them realize that their lives are not all that bad after all. It helps them see that they are not the only ones with problems and dysfunctional lives and families.

Reality TV shows have affected society in many different ways. Some audiences get hooked on these shows because they help them escape their own real lives. The shows vary in theme and material and every show is designed to attract the biggest possible audience. The bigger the audience, the more money the shows make.

Some Reality TV may not be quite as real as we may like to think. Take the case of the hated apprentice contender Omarosa for example. According to a Time magazine article, she may have been the victim of reality TV editors. Some reality TV shows are edited to be dramatic and some quotes may actually be manufactured. Clashes and ugly feuds between the reality stars may be constructed and some parts of the shows may also be completely edited and cut out so they don't make the final show that people see on TV. Some critics actually charge that reality TV is not so real and that these shows may be far more manipulative than we think.

According to a poll by CNN, 57% of 1016 adults believe that Reality TV shows provide a distorted picture of events while another 23% say the shows are "totally phoney". The amount of pressure for TV ratings pushes people to make the show more interesting.

When all is said and done, some people on the reality shows say that they were unfairly represented and the reality taken out of the show therefore making the show pure entertainment. However, participants of these shows are given warnings and they have to sign extensive and detailed legal waivers that protect the network from any liability if someone gets hurt on the show.

The increase in demand for these reality TV shows is inevitable and the participants will be pushed to their limits for the bottom line. This happens to be ratings and entertainment.

This is a copy of the article posted by Gypsy, NO WHERE is Deadliest Catch mentioned , only reality shows in general.

32Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:02 pm

gypsy

gypsy
wrong, u could have taken my post as informative, but you chose not to`, like I said if i agreed with everything, u would pick it to death~ so again we can't debate anything, i should know better~ so carry on i know you will..
I said nothing personally one way or the other, about the show just the article..I have my thoughts/ opinion just as u do, and all here~exactly my point nothing said about the particular show.. thank You..

33Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:22 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
If your post had been informative on the subject in discussion, it would have been great, but a post on In General opinions had no bearing on the discussion. Since you have never watched the show that might be step one to get a basic understanding with the business of crabbing. To say a job of any sorts is silly is kind of a slap in the face to the working force. All jobs are meaningful in one way or another, until you have walked in their shoes don't belittle their profession.

34Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:31 pm

gypsy

gypsy
look SSC i am not belittling anyone, i didn't tell u to shut the shit up~ because i respect ur opinion. but not ur attacks~ u built ur self up to think I was being negative i gave the general opinion on reality shows not Deadliest Catch in general,
an as for as crabbing for a living, no i don't respect it, because someone loves danger,?? what about families left behind? the type of show is exploiting danger,for their profitiable gain?? i don't agree.. that does not have to be)my opinon) that is reality. some love danger, i can understand that ,only a bit~ but u blew my article i posted way out of proportion~
now as u said, I will shut the shit up, about this anyway Black Gold - Page 2 729264

35Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:42 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Gypsy , we both know as does most every one else there is no love lost between us , most know the reason . You pulled a cheap shot to put your two cents into a forum you had no clue about the subject. Input of interest on the subject is great, I love learning new things about what I am interested in, but a minute poll on a generalized subject just didn't hold water.

36Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:49 pm

gypsy

gypsy
really ssc, ur right about no love lost,I put an article about reality shows, if I wanted to start a war, i would have put several articles about Deadliest Catch,I didn't, becUSE I HAVE NOT WATCHED IT, I particularly do not care for those type shows..also i do not watch much tv~
also to clarify something I do not like turmoil/conflict, but i will voice my thoughts and opinions, but u attack everything I say. to me that means u must love conflict,, I could debate everything u put here, but i don't.. u hyped urself up and did not read my article, it was not my opinion it was about reality shows in general~ I will watch one of the deadliest and then see what i think~ like I said ,u blew it way out~

37Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:55 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
No Dear, you jumped into a conversation you had no clue about, it was not about reality shows in general it was about 3 named shows. You come on with your post which was nothing but as Tyler said a slam on reality shows . What your reason for doing so is known only by you. But post away , and if I feel it is crap I will be the first to let you know, you can bank on that.

38Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:00 am

gypsy

gypsy
no I put an article, and yes i do have a clue, but not about the show..

I have read a lot today about crabbing, and the cost of lives and the familes left in sadness~ don't assume so much SSC, that is dangerous~ u were way out of line first in think u know me, and 2 for telling me to shut the shit up ,3 for saying I love conflict. but i guess i do like voicing my thoughts and have that right, i think`

I am sure some are getting a kick from this, but count me out~~ now that is it for me~ on this subject Black Gold - Page 2 393252

39Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:07 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Believe me I never assume to know you, for you are like a chameleon, always changing your spots to suit the occasion, and your story to fit your justification, but each to his own.
how interesting you would take to reading about crabbing, an interesting lesson in a new way of life.

40Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:09 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:look SSC i am not belittling anyone, i didn't tell u to shut the shit up~ because i respect ur opinion. but not ur attacks~ u built ur self up to think I was being negative i gave the general opinion on reality shows not Deadliest Catch in general,
an as for as crabbing for a living, no i don't respect it, because someone loves danger,?? what about families left behind? the type of show is exploiting danger,for their profitiable gain?? i don't agree.. that does not have to be)my opinon) that is reality. some love danger, i can understand that ,only a bit~ but u blew my article i posted way out of proportion~
now as u said, I will shut the shit up, about this anyway Black Gold - Page 2 729264
actually there was a link in gyps post on reality tv that broke the shows down to different catagories, u know some are fakey, like jerry springer, and the anna nicole show, but cops was the most widely talked about one that one to me is real, and one of the longest running, , i forget how many catagories it broke down the shows but it was in the wilopedia link in her copy and paste,,,

41Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:16 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
That would have been more interesting had it been explained in the original post of just a link.

42Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:16 am

gypsy

gypsy
SSC except for two things,, does a chameleon have spots? lol and also numerous times u stated u know all about me?? now cheers i am through~ sorry folks`` thats all as porky says~ Black Gold - Page 2 729264

43Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:20 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Black Gold - Page 2 302901 cheers to you, and you got my point of the chameleon, it doesn't need to be clarified any more. Yes I know a great deal about you.

44Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:29 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
here is the link that was one of many in gypsys post, catch is listed under documetaries, and then professional, u have to read down a bit, but as u see there are many different kinds of reality tv show, each with more credibility that ohters, but it does not take much brains to figure out which ones are more real, if a person is killed, or washed over board, or a person is injured bad while drilling for oil that is not the same reality catagory as say the anna nicole show, , here is the link,, from gyps link,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_television

45Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:42 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Thanks Rosco, that was soooo simple to clairfy, a shame it wasn't done in the beginning before this nonsense fiasco got started.

46Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:51 am

gypsy

gypsy
rosco 357 wrote:here is the link that was one of many in gypsys post, catch is listed under documetaries, and then professional, u have to read down a bit, but as u see there are many different kinds of reality tv show, each with more credibility that ohters, but it does not take much brains to figure out which ones are more real, if a person is killed, or washed over board, or a person is injured bad while drilling for oil that is not the same reality catagory as say the anna nicole show, , here is the link,, from gyps link,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_television

thanks Rosco for showing i didn't specify any particular show~~
this comment.. SSC does know me, or doesn't~?? that is what she stated..~ both statements are here~ if she continues to proceed so will i, my post was explained that no show was pointed to, but reality show 's in general~I posted and article, not my words, I don't think some of the reality show's are good, but that is just my speculation..not my knowledge, but i have watched one or two, and it is not what i enjoy watching~ this was only an article in general,on shows. nothing negative meant ... the fiasco was started by SSC

Last edited by gypsy on Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

47Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:15 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Can I serve you a little whine with that cheese, Black Gold - Page 2 729264

48Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:16 am

gypsy

gypsy
nope had enough of ur whine and cheese Black Gold - Page 2 415675

49Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:26 am

50Black Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Gold Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:31 am