Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1No Contest Empty No Contest Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:32 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
No Contest
By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Monday, August 18, 2008 4:20 PM PT

Election '08: Last weekend's McCain-Obama protodebate made it clear why Obama won't keep his promise to debate McCain "anywhere, anytime." McCain, with a robust resume and details at his fingertips, won big.

It was only in May that Sen. Barack Obama cockily proclaimed he would debate Sen. John McCain "anywhere, anytime." But in June, Obama said no to McCain's challenge to have 10 one-on-one town hall meetings.

After what happened at Lake Forest, Calif.'s evangelical Saddleback megachurch Saturday evening, we may have found that debating is Obama's Achilles' heel. Whether or not you like the idea of such events being held in religious venues, the plain-and-simple method of questioning used by Saddleback pastor and best-selling author Rick Warren revealed fundamental differences between these two men.

"It's one of those situations where the devil is in the details," Obama said at one point. He could have been referring to his own oratorical shortcomings when a teleprompter is unavailable. We learned a lot more about the real Obama at Saddleback than we will next week as he delivers his acceptance speech in Denver before a massive stadium crowd.

The stark differences between the two came through the most on the question of whether there is evil in the world. Obama spoke of evil within America, "in parents who have viciously abused their children." According to the Democrat, we can't really erase evil in the world because "that is God's task." And we have to "have some humility in how we approach the issue of confronting evil."

For McCain, with a global war on terror raging, there was no equivocating: We must "defeat" evil. If al-Qaida's placing of suicide vests on mentally-disabled women and then blowing them up by remote control in a Baghdad market isn't evil, he asked: "You have to tell me what is."

Asked to name figures he would rely on for advice, Obama gave the stock answer of family members. McCain pointed to Gen. David Petraeus, Iraq's scourge of the surge; Democratic Rep. John Lewis, who "had his skull fractured" by white racists while protesting for civil rights in the 60s; plus Internet entrepreneur Meg Whitman, the innovative former CEO of eBay.

When Warren inquired into changes of mind on big issues, Obama fretted about welfare reform; McCain unashamedly said "drilling" — for reasons of national security and economic need.

On taxes, Obama waxed political: "What I'm trying to do is create a sense of balance and fairness in our tax code." McCain showed an understanding of what drives a free economy: "I don't want to take any money from the rich. I want everybody to get rich. I don't believe in class warfare or redistribution of the wealth."

To any honest observer, the differences between John McCain and Barack Obama have been evident all along. What we saw last weekend was Obama's shallowness juxtaposed with McCain's depth, the product of his extraordinary life experience.

It may not have been a debate, but it was one of the most lopsided political contests in memory. No wonder Obama wants to keep debate formats boring and predictable.

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=303952351194789

2No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:34 am

Rosco, I don't think OBama will ever be president of the United States. He is a great speaker, but lacks the experience.

... and we do NOT need more welfare payouts!

3No Contest Empty enough experience Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:57 am

gypsy

gypsy

4No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:27 pm

obama a great speaker? lol the demos cut their own finger when they selected obma ahaed of hillary, if mclean gets to be pres, then it's the dems own fault!

5No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:10 pm

astral75 wrote:obama a great speaker? lol the demos cut their own finger when they selected obma ahaed of hillary, if mclean gets to be pres, then it's the dems own fault!
If you are looking for a great orator, you will have to do some digging in Berlin or surroundings.

6No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:16 pm

ah yes! i know who you mean! good ol Adolf, now there was a great orator! lol

7No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:24 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Problem with his speeches is I couldn't understand a word he said, and even if I did I'm sure I wouldn't like what I heard, that bastard.. No Contest 503179

If you want to listen to a good speaker look no farther than Bill Clinton, now he was a good speaker. You might not of liked what he said at times, but his delivery was good.

Last edited by runawayhorses on Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

8No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:36 pm

astral75 wrote:ah yes! i know who you mean! good ol Adolf, now there was a great orator! lol
In the end Windows Vista caused his downfall.

9No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:43 pm

runawayhorses wrote:Problem with his speeches is I couldn't understand a word he said, and even if I did I'm sure I would like what I heard, that bastard.. No Contest 503179
For your convenience I searched and found a video of him with subtitles :-)

10No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:49 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
aah, gee thanks Mays. No Contest 44062

Now, the predictable thing to do next, as I'm sure some people would, is go find a video with Clinton mistakes, I'm sure that's coming next. Rolling Eyes

11No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:56 pm

clintons only mistake was getting cought,but that has nothing to do with his politics! he was still the best pres the states had

12No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:01 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
astral75 wrote:clintons only mistake was getting cought,but that has nothing to do with his politics! he was still the best pres the states had

Yes I agree, or at least one of the best, but of course that's debatable, and rightfully so, as everyone has there own opinion. No Contest 67629

13No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:05 pm

astral75 wrote:clintons only mistake was getting cought,but that has nothing to do with his politics! he was still the best pres the states had

I disagree with the first part of your statement. (" getting cought" ) I think his only mistake was "getting involved". He should have used his high intellect rather than his "maleness" in making that choice.

Other than that, I think he was a very good president. I still enjoy hearing him speak. It is only natural that he would defend Hilary.

Every president has something they had rather not come to light. The good old boy leaving office in January, had his worst offenses removed from the record when he became governor of Texas. Unfortunately for him, it is rumored that the majority of the records had already been copied and stored! His legacy is likely to have several elements of surprise/disgust, too ! study

14No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:02 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
astral75 wrote:obama a great speaker? lol the demos cut their own finger when they selected obma ahaed of hillary, if mclean gets to be pres, then it's the dems own fault!

i agree astral.. obama was the media darling . hillary would have been the stronger candidate, one out of 10 ppl still believe he is muslim, as i read today..

15No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:56 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
FIGI wrote:Rosco, I don't think OBama will ever be president of the United States. He is a great speaker, but lacks the experience.

it will be a barn burner for sure, as i have said many times, each candidate will get a bump out of his convention.. its going to be alot closer than i thought months ago, take care

16No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:09 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran

i voted for clinton both times,. i fault him for 3 things that come to mind right now,, he had his heart in the right place, but letting hillary run amuck with the healthcare issue, behind closed doors scared ppl and clinton lost the congress, i believe because hillary scared alot of ppl , second, is he was pro nafta along with a republican congress, it passed, and i think played a strong part in my company closing, they have lots of locations around the united states, but after closing here they built a plant in mexico,, when nafta passed, the trucks could pass on through and not have to move the load to an american truck,, which was a big problem im what we made., 3rd is the lewinsky thing, as i have said, he lost so much time,, on that issue, time he could have been working on the presidents work, not defending hisself, but if he could run again now, i probably would vote for him, i loved to hear him speak . but he may not be the speaker now he was, as some of his speeches for hillary did not seem to be at his best, ,, take care

17No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:19 pm

gypsy

gypsy
rosco 357 wrote:
FIGI wrote:Rosco, I don't think OBama will ever be presidentof the United States. He is a great speaker, but lacks the experience.

it will be a barn burner for sure, as i have said many times, each candidate will get a bump out of his convention.. its going to be alot closer than i thought months ago, take care

opinion? or fact, all these are just opinions~ just like u have yours, I have mine, and those who support, or not

we have no way to interpet what another means or does, unless viewed,or that it. is witnessed.

18No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:16 am

gypsy

gypsy
funny figi, exactly, whatever is put,it is conjecture~~ flower

19No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:34 am

Of course!

20No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:41 am

gypsy

gypsy
so,,in theory we all need to study,,our worlld is in trouble,, I have to do this

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

21No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:10 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Shit I fucked up and deleted figi post by accident I was going to say in reply to the post:

"Bravo

I have to give credit where credit is due, nice work at picking apart a post that was clearly misplaced. No offense Gypsy but Figi desires an aplase on that one. I don't think I'm talented enough to have done that as well. That was a refreshing read.:)"

Sorry figi your post was great but I did something wrong and your post got deleted and I have no way of getting it back. Sorry and I'm am pissed off and such a dumb mistake by me. damit to hell!!

22No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:27 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Figi, if you could rewrite that I would be thrilled, but I guess its too late. I sent you a PM apologizing.

Its days like this I just want to hang it all up pull the plug on this PC permanently and go fishing *sigh*

23No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:59 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
After calming down now and thinking more clearly about what went wrong I think I know what happened, when I went to reply to figis post I thought I had clicked "quote" and so I continued to write my message, but what I probably did was click "edit" by accident, and when I clicked "send" it of course had her avatar on it and her post was edited with my post, but I thought the system messed up so I quickly deleted it thinking "what the hell!" so I had clicked edit instead of what I thought was quote. Again I'm so sorry about that. damn I am mad at myself. I need to wake up better before I post. I had rolled out of bed and turned my pc on immediately. Won't do that anymore.

24No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:08 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I am still mad about this..LOL I should quit posting altogether and just do page work, seriously, I deserve to be demoted to one star on this, perhaps even banned..lmao

I don't know, what a shitty way to start the morning.

25No Contest Empty Re: No Contest Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:25 am

gypsy wrote:
rosco 357 wrote:
FIGI wrote:Rosco, I don't think OBama will ever be presidentof the United States. He is a great speaker, but lacks the experience.

opinion? or fact, all these are just opinions~ just like u have yours, I have mine, and those who support, or not

we have no way to interpet what another means or does, unless viewed,or that it. is witnessed.

No Contest 140282

Which part is "opinion or fact? "

Experience: McCain has been around longer than Obama!
Speaker: Obama is a good speaker, Yes?
Bump: A boost ... that happens in every election.
Barn Burner: I think that means a close race

What have I missed?

Last edited by FIGI on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum