You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1email  from a friend Empty email from a friend Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:51 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Which America Does McCain Live In?

Evidently there are two different Americas, and McCain and I don't live in the same country. In McCain's America he says "the fundamentals of our economy are strong." That stands in stark contrast to the rapidly increasing prices of gas and groceries in my America, as well as the skyrocketing foreclosure rate. Of course the foreclosure rate probably isn't even on the radar in McCain's America, where he owns so many houses (seven) that he can't keep track of them all. In my America, millions of homeowners are struggling to cover the mortgage payment on one house, and far too many American citizens are facing the very real prospect of losing their homes to foreclosure.

Income standards must be very different in McCain's America. McCain said he considers a $5 million annual income to be the threshold of "rich". Does that mean an income of $4 million a year is middle class? That's a far cry from the incomes most people earn in my America, where many citizens go without health insurance because they can't afford the premiums. In my America citizens are engaged in a constant struggle to pay their bills, send their kids to college and maybe even put away a little for retirement. In my America far too many citizens are living one paycheck away from homelessness.

McCain's comments are proof, straight from the horse's mouth, of just how out of touch with real America McCain really is. Real America can't afford to continue with the same economic policies that have failed us so badly for the last eight years. Real America can't afford a president who thinks that multi-millionaires are members of the middle class, or one who believes that tax breaks for oil companies making record profits are somehow beneficial and necessary. Real America can't afford John McCain.

2email  from a friend Empty Re: email from a friend Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:47 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Which America Does McCain Live In?

Evidently there are two different Americas, and McCain and I don't live in the same country. In McCain's America he says "the fundamentals of our economy are strong." That stands in stark contrast to the rapidly increasing prices of gas and groceries in my America, as well as the skyrocketing foreclosure rate. Of course the foreclosure rate probably isn't even on the radar in McCain's America, where he owns so many houses (seven) that he can't keep track of them all. In my America, millions of homeowners are struggling to cover the mortgage payment on one house, and far too many American citizens are facing the very real prospect of losing their homes to foreclosure.

Income standards must be very different in McCain's America. McCain said he considers a $5 million annual income to be the threshold of "rich". Does that mean an income of $4 million a year is middle class? That's a far cry from the incomes most people earn in my America, where many citizens go without health insurance because they can't afford the premiums. In my America citizens are engaged in a constant struggle to pay their bills, send their kids to college and maybe even put away a little for retirement. In my America far too many citizens are living one paycheck away from homelessness.

McCain's comments are proof, straight from the horse's mouth, of just how out of touch with real America McCain really is. Real America can't afford to continue with the same economic policies that have failed us so badly for the last eight years. Real America can't afford a president who thinks that multi-millionaires are members of the middle class, or one who believes that tax breaks for oil companies making record profits are somehow beneficial and necessary. Real America can't afford John McCain.

hey, well i saw the 5 million dollar comment,when he talked to saddleback church debate,,, he said it kinda joking, when he said it he imediently said oh that will be used against me and laughed,, , i think he knows what middle class is,and i know he is smart enought to know millionaires are not middle class, thats sillly, i saw the comment, but im not saying there is not a difference in how republicans handle taxes and how dems want to handle them, im just saying, that figure was not ment to be taken serious, i saw it made. and what he said afterward,s ,, i have said i like the dems tax brackets better than the republicans, i trust our security better with the republicans, than the dems as they usually cut the military budget, but im not arguing, just telling what i saw, and believe, not many days left, near 50 or so, it will be close, again i have stated i liked clintons tax brackets better than bushes, im fiscally a tad liberal, but not on the military,, just my thoughts, no argurments here,
im not sure either side can do any better helping the economy that the other, its just something that has to run its course, as it always does, just my thoughts,, take care

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum