You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:56 pm

gypsy

gypsy
can I laugh,,now??] as I said,(God forbid)

27Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:11 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
True to your style..nice duck of the subject.
So the way you are leaving it is you are not religious , do not follow the teaching in your church.
You are a Democrat but you profess not to follow the beliefs of the party.
Just what are you Gypsy ?
I know Atheists who are more convincing than you are.
Maybe you need to reevaluate your standards and figure out just which side of the fence you really are on, as it is right now you have shot one big hole in your credibility on anything.

28Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:27 am

gypsy

gypsy
I laugh again!!

I don;t have to explain my belief,,most good Americans believe this way,,the constituation,also does

I also think SSC word used Ni##er which she didn't disguise was very offensive

29Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:34 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Hey Gyp tough shit..I figure if your boy can use it in his speeches it is good enough for us poor whites to use..And again another good duck on the subjects..Maybe it is you just don't know what you are .....

30Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:37 am

gypsy

gypsy
runawayhorses wrote:I think you want to have your cake and eat it too, the reality is your faith forbids you to vote for Obama, but of course you do what you want. Obama's Policy - Page 2 503179

nope
funny isn't it''>>cake and eat it too,,can;t hqppen

but those who disbelieve,can have that option~

31Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:49 am

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:Hey Gyp tough shit..I figure if your boy can use it in his speeches it is good enough for us poor whites to use..And again another good duck on the subjects..Maybe it is you just don't know what you are .....

poor white, u?? I am talking about working class,but I expect ObamA's policy meaNS BOTH~~~

32Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:03 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
When were you talking about working class..you haven't made one point about help for the working class. Surely you don't think his forcing companies to provide insurance is helping, that in its self will cost jobs. Lower class always does thrive in a Democratic society, more free programs , more government money shelled out , more food stamp programs , more government free housing, but the hitch is that costs money to provide, tax payer money, and with the influx of Mexican illegals sucking the system dry with the blessing of the Democrats there goes more money and jeopardizing the social security system.I am sure you don't want your money cut to help support a Mexican, but it can happen. These are the campaign speeches of the man you want in the White House.

33Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:12 am

gypsy

gypsy
yes,, I have made support for working class, as Obams/Biden has]
your party has not
WAIT! yes They have the last eight years..destroyed America!!

SHHHH

34Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:22 am

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:When were you talking about working class..you haven't made one point about help for the working class. Surely you don't think his forcing companies to provide insurance is helping, that in its self will cost jobs. Lower class always does thrive in a Democratic society, more free programs , more government money shelled out , more food stamp programs , more government free housing, but the hitch is that costs money to provide, tax payer money, and with the influx of Mexican illegals sucking the system dry with the blessing of the Democrats there goes more money and jeopardizing the social security system.I am sure you don't want your money cut to help support a Mexican, but it can happen. These are the campaign speeches of the man you want in the White House.

balance, it has to happen

your theory is prejudice and racist,will not work!!
it is a new generation, the old one does not work~

35Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:41 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Not a theory...a way of life and it works just fine for me , why don't you come to the sunny south and see how it works for you..ohhh I forgot you were here 3 years ago, nooo you thought you were here and then you woke up from your fairy tale, just like you will wake up from the vision Obama is the savior , there are no white knights to rescue you on his side..well there are some white knights but not the kind Obama will need...Oh well enough laughs for one night ....

36Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:47 am

gypsy

gypsy
yes I was there, but your(Bush) party was not

funny~ I am still laughing at you

37Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:01 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
You my dear are a liar, I can pull up the old chat records from the boards where you gave me two different towns and when cornered you couldn't even answer. Danced the subject just like you do here. Like I said your credibility is shot by your own doing. You created a fairy tale . From driving a Red Cross truck that never existed to standing next to a pile of bodies handing out food.. Obama's Policy - Page 2 592180 Great drama to bad it was fiction. Yep you are right Bush was slow but once the calvary arrived they keep on ticken to this day..billions in good US dollars all around me , wonderful feeling to see the money flow ... Obama's Policy - Page 2 729264

38Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:17 am

gypsy

gypsy
as I said your funny, you lose a debate,, and you bring up old stories,,only time I dance is on the dance floor.
also i was just there a month ago,I see America(working Class) hurting everywhere..

39Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:11 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Don't think I can lose a debate when the other party refuses to address the issues but dances around another subject ... Obama's Policy - Page 2 592180 My hat is off to you ..you fit right in with the Democrats.

40Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:08 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Photobucket

Just what we don't need....

41Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:38 pm

gypsy

gypsy
as usual republicans turn to falsehood, smear campaigns,untruth..support Obama/Biden for Middle class/working class America

42Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:48 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Whats wrong Gypsy, can't deal with the Democratic way of thinking..It is their stance , their issues, it is what you are casting your vote for.

43Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:12 pm

gypsy

gypsy
yes I can deal with it,better economical.growth for middle class with democrats, because it will work, McCains will not, he is wealthy he is out of touch with the working class, he supports Bushes tax plan, which has and will benefit the wealthy.. your sign about Obama is not true.. we have had the last eight years of what? look at what shape our country is in? do you want four more years of the same. you talked about billions of dollars floating around, in your area?? when i was there last month I didn't see that.. Americas working class is hurting under the present adminstration we don't need a carbon copy, the money used for a useless war will benefit our country too when it is ended~the dems brought our country.back when clinton was prez we will again.

We had the highest growth,economy when Bill Clinton was in office~ Obama will turn it around again to those days, and Bill approves of the Obama plan, even Republicans are turning against McCain for he is out of touch, and against his dirty smear tactics.. my last comment on the subject, for sureLOL
Obama/Biden08

44Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty one more thing Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:25 pm

gypsy

gypsy
meant to include this on my last post

And that's no surprise, because when it comes to the policies that matter for middle class families, there's no
Comparing Tax Policies

McCain:

* All households would receive some type of tax break under McCain, with the biggest breaks going to the top 1 percent of wealthy households. For instance, households earning $3 million a year would get, on average, a tax break of close to $270,000.
* Taxpayers making between $160,000 and $225,000 would get a $4,400 tax break on average.
* Families making less than $20,000 would get about a $19 break.

Obama:

* All households, except those in the top 5 percent of the income scale, would benefit from Obama's tax cuts.
* Taxpayers earning between $160,000 and $225,000 a year would, on average, see their taxes reduced their taxes by $2,800.
* Households making less than $20,000 would, on average, get a $570 break.

Source: Tax Policy Center

45Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:58 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
What will it cost the taxpayers in bumped up welfare programs , companies forced to close the door over mandatory health care plans, how many large companies will move out of the country to seek lower taxes. Not sure where you were down here if you were here at all, but the state of Louisiana is not one that is suffering in economy, at least not now , who knows what will happen god forbid if Obama gets in, but Louisiana is stable at this time. The oil platforms are booming, and there is plenty oil to pump .Timber market is up, rice prices are up, cattle prices are up. If a person isn't working down here it is because he doesn't want to work.

46Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:11 pm

gypsy

gypsy
ok, SSC lets be specific? I can debate respectfully..

what plan does McCain have, you questioned me,I showed you three pages of plan, you have showed nothing,,We are both Missouri Girls, right? Show me state? which has backed republicans mostly,so give me a rundown or something to show what McCain would do different than Bush?? all that Obama stuff has been proven not true, that you posted with that sign~ that is all hogwash~
Do you honestly think Palin is qualified to take over if something happens to McCain?(heaven forbid) I hope it doesn't, but just take that *THOUGHT* and express on it~~

all animosity forgotten,, can u do that? in your debate?

47Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:21 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
The Bank of Japan cut its benchmark rate to just about zero and left it there for much of the 1990s. But that did little to end a decade-long economic slump there. Rates in Japan today are 0.5% so Japan also has little room to cut.

This cannot be blamed on Bush.
Yes I believe Palin is qualified to take over for one thing she doesn't have the corrupt influence of Washington.
I might have been from Missouri but I left that behind years ago.
Louisiana is a republican state , out Democratic senators are some of the most crooked in Washington. They and the democratic party need to go.
At least McCain is taking a stand on the care of our soldiers and doing so with a knowledge of serving his country. I am not going to post endless news articles . I don't read them and I am not going to bore anyone else with wasted space.

48Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:26 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
gypsy wrote:meant to include this on my last post

And that's no surprise, because when it comes to the policies that matter for middle class families, there's no
Comparing Tax Policies

McCain:

* All households would receive some type of tax break under McCain, with the biggest breaks going to the top 1 percent of wealthy households. For instance, households earning $3 million a year would get, on average, a tax break of close to $270,000.
* Taxpayers making between $160,000 and $225,000 would get a $4,400 tax break on average.
* Families making less than $20,000 would get about a $19 break.

Obama:

* All households, except those in the top 5 percent of the income scale, would benefit from Obama's tax cuts.
* Taxpayers earning between $160,000 and $225,000 a year would, on average, see their taxes reduced their taxes by $2,800.
* Households making less than $20,000 would, on average, get a $570 break.

Source: Tax Policy Center

A household making less than 20,000 with any dependents has no tax already..that is poverty level up to 45,000
Show me middle class...$160,000-$225,000 is not middle class
3 million is not a large number of US households
Alot of holes here and very little reality

49Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:40 pm

gypsy

gypsy
then show me different!! I will listen/read..

republicans have been in scandals for the last eight or more years, I agree dems have faults, but you have not yet pointed one plus for us to vote for McCain?
yes i have been away from home state 43 years~ Missouri is a great state,I think all of our states are great patriotic states,but still McCain has not been strong on change until this last week when he denounced Bush.. finally

as I said your support for a president(McCain) has showed no reason for Americans to vote for him..he is not a maverick if he votes with Bush (98% of the timehe is unstable,senile, and his temper is not stable

change my mind, give me a reason to change??

Palin, is dumber than a coal bucket, sorry, Quayle,and Bush is smarter..she after 4 tries still doesn't know by constituion what the vp duties are~~ i find that laughable,, also she still is not cleared of Troopergate scandel..

and!! McCain is out of touch 250thousand you quoted in an earlier post was nothing for Joe the plumbers??
didn't you?

50Obama's Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama's Policy Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:46 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
What they'll do to your tax bill
McCain and Obama want to change the bottom-line effects of the tax code. Here's a dollars-and-cents breakdown of what their plans could mean for you.
cnn.com/rss/money_news_economy.rss

BREAKING DOWN THE NUMBERS
Here's how the average tax bill could change in 2009 if either John McCain's or Barack Obama's tax proposals were fully in place.
MCCAIN OBAMA
Income Avg. tax bill Avg. tax bill
Over $2.9M -$269,364 +$701,885
$603K and up -$45,361 +$115,974
$227K-$603K -$7,871 +$12
$161K-$227K -$4,380 -$2,789
$112K-$161K -$2,614 -$2,204
$66K-$112K -$1,009 -$1,290
$38K-$66K -$319 -$1,042
$19K-$38K -$113 -$892
Under $19K -$19 -$567

Source:The Tax Policy Center
Taxes: McCain vs. Obama
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- John McCain and Barack Obama have starkly different philosophies about tax policy - how to raise the revenue needed to support government programs, spur growth and ensure economic fairness.

But voters really want to know one thing: How would the presidential candidates' views trickle down to their tax bills? A report released Wednesday by a nonpartisan policy group in Washington, D.C., takes a big first step toward answering that question.

According to the Tax Policy Center's findings, the common assumptions most people make about the plans of McCain, the presumptive Republican nominee, and Obama, the Democrats' pick, are not wildly off-base.

McCain: The average taxpayer in every income group would see a lower tax bill, but high-income taxpayers would benefit more than everyone else.

Obama: High-income taxpayers would pay more in taxes, while everyone else's tax bill would be reduced. Those who benefit the most - in terms of reducing their taxes as a percentage of after-tax income - are in the lowest income groups.

Under both plans, all American taxpayers could pay a price for their tax cuts: a bigger deficit. The Tax Policy Center estimates that over 10 years, McCain's tax proposals could increase the national debt by as much as $4.5 trillion with interest, while Obama's could add as much as $3.3 trillion.

The reason: neither plan would raise the amount of revenue expected under current tax policy - which assumes all the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts expire by 2011. And neither plan would raise enough to cover expected government costs during those 10 years.

"Distributionally, they're markedly different. But in terms of their impact on revenue, the two plans are not terribly different," said Roberton Williams, principal research associate at the Tax Policy Center and the former deputy assistant director for tax analysis at the Congressional Budget Office.

A closer look
In addition to making the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts permanent, McCain says he would double the exemption for dependents, lower the corporate tax rate, make expensing rules more generous for small businesses and lessen the bite of the estate tax and Alternative Minimum tax.

The net result: compared with their tax bill today, taxpayers on average would see their tax bill cut by nearly $1,200. That means their after-tax income would rise by 2%.

But those in the lowest income groups would only see their after-tax income rise by less than 1% (or between $19 and $319). By contrast, the highest-income households - those with incomes of at least $603,000 - would see a boost in after-tax income of 3.4%, or more than $40,000.

Obama's plan would keep the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts in place for everyone except those making more than roughly $250,000, and he would increase the capital gains tax.

Obama would also introduce new tax breaks for lower and middle-income groups. Such breaks include expanding the earned income tax credit, giving those making less than $150,000 a $500 tax credit per person on the first $8,100 in income, giving those making under $75,000 a 50% federal match on the first $1,000 of savings, and exempting seniors making less than $50,000 from having to pay income tax.

Like McCain, Obama would lessen the bite of the estate tax and the Alternative Minimum Tax, but to a lesser degree.

The net result: compared with their tax bill today, taxpayers on average would see their tax bill cut by nearly $160 under Obama's plan. That means their after-tax income would rise by 0.3%.

But those in the lowest-income groups would enjoy the biggest after-tax income rise as a percentage of income - between 2.4% and 5.5% (worth between $567 and $1,042). By contrast, the highest-income households - those with at least $603,000 in income - would see a dramatic decline in their after-tax income - a drop of 8.7%, or $116,000.

The campaigns respond
Jason Furman, a newly appointed senior economic adviser to Obama, said his preliminary response is that the report's findings bear out what Obama's campaign has been saying: that he's for the middle class.

"Middle-class families get tax cuts that are three times larger from Obama than from McCain," Furman said. "And the McCain plan gives nearly one-quarter of its benefits to households making more than $2.8 million annually - the top 0.1%."

Douglas Holtz-Eakin, senior economic adviser to McCain, noted that the report does not take into account the spending reforms - such as eliminating earmarks - that are central to McCain's strategy to support tax relief and help reduce the deficit.

One of the center's co-directors, William Gale, conceded in a conference call that "if McCain succeeds (in achieving his proposed spending cuts), the fiscal cost of his plan does go down."

But spending cuts can be politically difficult to achieve, said Len Burman, the Tax Policy Center's director.

Holtz-Eakin characterized McCain's plan as one geared toward "reshaping federal bureaucracies and protecting taxpayers' money. [His] plan is based on kicking down doors in Washington, and delivering tax dollars back to the American taxpayers who are struggling with record gas prices, soaring food costs and a down economy."

Not the final word
Williams said the Tax Policy Center analysis should be viewed as a work in progress. Researchers plan to update it as they get more information about the plans from the campaigns and if the candidates introduce new tax policies between now and Election Day.

The center will also incorporate the tax elements of McCain's and Obama's health care proposals when they update their findings.

How the candidates' tax plans would affect economic growth is an open question. "It depends on how the deficits are closed," Burman said.

Tax studies have shown that when tax cuts are deficit funded and they're paid for by raising taxes in the future, "the economy is worse off than if you didn't cut at all," Burman said.

This last line may spell out the whole scenario, either plan may cost us in the long run. A quick fix band-aid is not always the best answer.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum