You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner

"YOUTUBE" problem? I don't think what 12 year old girls gossip about is a serious threat to anyone.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I fail to see what "12 year old girls" has to do with anything. YouTube is watched my all age brackets and cultures around the world, in many different languages. Contrary to what you might think, YouTube has a big influence on peoples attitudes by what they see, much like television does. The videos watched will help the public make their decision, good or bad, that fact exists.

Whatever you say, Mr. T. Perhaps "Youtube" has grown up a bit since it was the gossip channel for middle school students. I may be wrong, but I doubt that the typical Youtube subscriber is a voter, though.

OK, I took a look. Seems that the average You tube viewer is,surprisingly, over 35. I must have been thinking of "Myspace". The potential for a vicious campaign in the general is there allright. It oughta be fun.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well, I don't see whats so surprising about it becuase there has always been tons of official "News & Politics" video clips there (as well as unofficial) that are uploaded on a daily basis, not to mention the music videos and other categories, and the viewing audience has always been mixed ages with the average viewer in their 30's, but if you meant 'You' were surprised, then I can understand that..LOL! Just kidding.

Actually, yes, it should be fun.

MySpace is more about community and meeting new friends, and also its a platform for Bands to promote their new albums, and fans to contact them. The 'younger' crowd, as it were.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Here's some Interesting YouTube stats:

A study by eMarketer, reported on the website ArsTechnica.com, has revealed that 54.5 percent are between the ages of 35 and 64, while only 19.1 percent are between the ages of 25 and 34. Only 12.6 percent are kids 12-17. Another research firm, Comscore, noted that 61.6 percent of visitors to YouTube earn more than $60,000 per year. ArsTechnica called the statistics "scary news for TV execs" and noted they "go a long way towards explaining why Google paid a staggering $1.64 billion to buy out YouTube last month. The fact that older, richer eyeballs are peering at YouTube videos makes that space especially attractive for advertisers."

Oh no, you got it exaxtly right: I knew NOTHING of Youtube before I looked up the demographics. I only started "Googling" a coupla months ago. I'm learning.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum