You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1good thought Empty good thought Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:14 am

gypsy

gypsy
I think this is a good thought
they share a key component: Whether they help people pivot to new careers, cut costs at home, or simply escape from all the bad news, they're poised not only to weather the economic storm but to, in some way, benefit from it. "There always is a silver lining for people who choose to look past the doom and gloom and find one," says Robyn Feldberg, president of the National Résumé Writers' Association, which represents an industry that's bucking the overall trend. "In adversity, there is always potential for innovation."

2good thought Empty Re: good thought Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:01 pm

gypsy

gypsy
from=== Birds And Blooms
Spring Migration

Light turns Green
Signals go
Feathered traffic
start to flow

Revved up motors
on the wing
Long blue skyway
Home to Spring

3good thought Empty Re: good thought Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:29 pm

flower flower flower Ohhhh Sunsine and Yellow roses how lovely ...Tootles..lmao

4good thought Empty daily living Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:52 pm

gypsy

gypsy
These good thoughts
were collected by Bob Hansen, formerly executive director of the Korean War Veterans Advisory Board and now executive director of the U.S. Botanical Garden National Fund. This previously appeared in Airborne Quarterly. There is something here for every one
The greatest joy Giving
The most endangered species Dedicated leaders
Our greatest natural resource Our youth
The greatest “shot in the arm” Encouragement
The greatest problem to overcome Fear
The most effective sleeping pill Peace of mind
The most crippling disease Excuses
The most powerful force in life Love
The most destructive pariah Gossip
The most incredible computer The human brain
The worst thing to be without Hope
The deadliest weapon The tongue
The two most powerful words Can do
The greatest asset Faith
The most worthless emotion Self-pity
The worst thing you can lose Self-respect
The most satisfying work Helping others
The ugliest personality trait Selfishness
The most beautiful attire A smile!
The most prized possession Integrity
The most contageous spirit Enthusiasm
The most powerful communication Prayer

To the world, you may be just one person;
but to one person, you may be the world!

Measure wealth not by the things you have, but by the
things you have for which you would not take money.

5good thought Empty Re: good thought Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:45 am

gypsy

gypsy
give to all kindness,not just friends,but enemies also~
a true gift of love ,is forgiving~~~

6good thought Empty Re: good thought Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:41 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:give to all kindness,not just friends,but enemies also~
a true gift of love ,is forgiving~~~
That sounds almost like something Jesus would say. You know, I always wanted to believe in Jesus, and that a person such as him existed, and I still do think a Man named Jesus existed once upon a time, but I have trouble believing what people have 'attributed' to him for one reason or another.

Even with most of my relatives dropping like flies, I never gave much thought to my own mortality, well, not until recently. I never visit grave yards. I’m just not into the culture of death, when you’re gone, you’re gone, period, end of story. About the only concession I make, is that each year on my Moms birthday, I say a few words to my mother. Things like: Hi Mom, well I was thinking about you, and just wanted you to know. I guess next year I'll do the same for my Dad. It’s not like I think they are up in heaven or something, I don’t, but I still manage to say something, even though I can’t explain why. Being the self-centered asshole that I am, the only thoughts I’ve had of my own passing concern how those I’m leaving behind will deal with my death. I have no thoughts or concerns of an “afterlife" should there be one, it will come as a major surprise, like a real major surprise.

Look, I fucked up a lot in my life, but I never once did anyone wrong, at least not deliberately, not knowingly. Of the things I did that were less than good, I am truly sorry, truly contrite. That’s the best I can do. If there is a God, he gave me a mind, an intellect that made it impossible for me to accept what religion taught me about Him, so it ain’t my fault if I missed the message. My views on religion have much to do with my views on death, neither scare me.

Make no mistake about it, I sincerely wish that there was going to be a wonderful afterlife, a peaceful, wonderful place, but I just don’t buy it. And by the same token, I don’t believe that there is an awful place where I will be tormented forever more because I wasn’t able to accept the premise of an afterlife.

There is much to be said for being a heathen, you get to sleep in on Sunday, and it makes dying a hell of a lot easier…lol

7good thought Empty Re: good thought Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:06 pm

gypsy

gypsy
ok, I just believe it a beautiful thought, feeling.
I respect your belief.

no problem, i don't push anything on anyone, each of us have our own thoughts,beliefs, and paths to follow.. good thought 457757 have a wonderful afternoon,..

I just took a fresh baked carort cake out of the oven~ and perking pot of coffee~

8good thought Empty Re: good thought Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:43 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Peachy wrote:flower flower flower Ohhhh Sunsine and Yellow roses how lovely ...Tootles..lmao

ah,thanks Peachy,,

hope your doing great

I remember your lovely pictures..

your children ,I am sure have really grown..
loved your pms to me after iyt message boards shut down

look forward to a wonderful time here..

enjoy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum