You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Moon check out video of the week... Empty Moon check out video of the week... Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:36 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
and tell me what you think. Its guitarist Joe Satriani, everyone else check it out too this guy is awesome.

2Moon check out video of the week... Empty Re: Moon check out video of the week... Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:58 pm

EXCELLENT!! I didn't notice the title until I heard the cut and had to chuckle at the similarity of my impression with it's relevance to the title. The introduction of the major chord in the chorus made me think of flying down the highway; enjoying the Big Sur, and occasionally looking straight ahead and being reminded one is going a 100 miles an hour.

3Moon check out video of the week... Empty Re: Moon check out video of the week... Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:23 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yes the title is very relevant and fitting to the song. That's also the title to the album that song is on "Flying In A Blue Dream". I'd say my favorite album and song her does is called "Surfin' with the Alien", hot song with great guitar riffs. I have several of his CD's, (store bought too..oh wow!) But that entire album is good. I'll post something from it soon.

4Moon check out video of the week... Empty Re: Moon check out video of the week... Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:33 pm

gypsy

gypsy
it does make one think of what it would be like flying in a wild blue dream~.. awesome picking~

5Moon check out video of the week... Empty Re: Moon check out video of the week... Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:43 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Just added another Joe Satriani in the vid of the week, this ones called "Surfing With The Alien" one of my favorites.

6Moon check out video of the week... Empty Re: Moon check out video of the week... Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:21 pm

I have much more to say about this one. The last one (my first experirnce with this guy) showed the guy's technical brilliance but wasn't all that "engaging" (I didn't start pounding on the coffee table). I liked this one better right off. I'm a loud thumping rythm guy and this dude proves ya don't need words,story,flutes, and organs. I was ready to can the ending as just showing off, but the last part with the siren noise and growling caused me to play it all over again.

7Moon check out video of the week... Empty Re: Moon check out video of the week... Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:09 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah most of all his music is instrumentals which I really like, but he has a few tracks out where he sings on them, but its rare you ever hear any vocals on his records. I have about 4 of his CDs store bought, but these days I usually download and burn my own CDs.

Hes a bit of a showoff but I think people want him to do that. People go to his shows to hear him play guitar, that's what hes all about.

8Moon check out video of the week... Empty Re: Moon check out video of the week... Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:21 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Just added a new Joe Satriani video, I think you'll like this the best so far, its about 8 minutes long and keeps getting better as it goes, titled: Summer Song

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum