You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1a email from my congressman Empty a email from my congressman Mon May 11, 2009 8:44 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
just got in my email a letter from my congressman, Spencer Bachus, there are 2 pll with the name bachus in congress, anyway here for what its worth is his letter

Dear Friends,

Thank you for taking the time to read my e-newsletter. As always, I truly appreciate your interest.

In my district, I've heard from many constituents who share my concern that the President's $3.6 trillion budget spends too much, borrows too much, and taxes too much. That approach has never been the solution to economic problems, and it is reckless to create trillions of dollars of new debt that our children and grandchildren will be forced to repay. As I wrote in a recent column, the American people want us to find solutions that create jobs, keep taxes low, make energy more affordable, and tighten the budget just like families have been forced to do.

Among the troubling provisions in the budget are the "cap and trade" proposal for energy and a new tax burden on charitable contributions. "Cap and trade" is a national energy tax that will raise the price of gasoline and electricity bills. Alabama will be especially hard hit because we burn a lot of coal for electricity. Higher energy costs will hurt struggling families and our manufacturers, and make it harder for Alabama to attract new companies and jobs. In addition, there is an extremely worrisome tax provision that would discourage the private giving that is the lifeblood of our churches and nonprofits. If donations go down, the federal government will say it has to step in, and it will choose the causes it wants to support which may not be the same as yours.

Our local nonprofits are changing lives every day and we shouldn't do anything to harm them. Here are the stories of miracle workers that I've had the privilege of visiting recently.

Congressman Bachus spoke at the Lovelady Center. He and Mrs. Bachus are shown here with (left to right), Lovelady Center Founder Brenda Lovelady Spahn, Shay Curry, and Jeff Spahn.

The Lovelady Center in Birmingham helps women transition to new and more hopeful lives. My visit there was one of the most inspiring of my congressional service, as I saw how women challenged by drug and alcohol addiction, homelessness, and prison release are putting their lives and the lives of their children on a positive path in a supportive and faith-based environment. Lovelady is a treasure for Birmingham and the State of Alabama.

Congressman Bachus talks with with enthusiastic artists during a meerting at Caring Days in Tuscaloosa.

In Tuscaloosa, Caring Days provides loving day care for people with Alzheimer’s. The creativity and the animated interaction at the daily art program especially touched me. Because my own father had Alzheimer’s, I know how important it is to nurture a stimulating and caring atmosphere. Caring Days is a model for how our families and communities can respectfully and compassionately treat a loved one with this challenging condition.

Finally, many of you might know that I worked for many years to enact a ban on illegal Internet gambling. My concern has always been for our youth, who are subject to becoming addicted to gambling at an early age. I have issued this statement on a new legislative attempt to undo this protection for our nation's young people.

Again, thanks for your time. My responsibility in Congress is to represent your views and to do that I need to hear from your personally or through letters and e-mails. As always, I invite you to respond to this month’s survey question.

Sincerely,

Spencer Bachus
Member of Congress

2a email from my congressman Empty Re: a email from my congressman Mon May 11, 2009 10:12 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I get one from a congressman once a month, his also breck down the lavish waisted spending, and he is very concerned about the backlash of the higher taxes on gas, elect. and groceries. What happened to helping the middle class ???
Oh but good news to those on Social Security..a whopping $250.00 is on its way to stimulate the economy..what a fucking joke...

3a email from my congressman Empty Re: a email from my congressman Mon May 11, 2009 10:19 pm

gypsy

gypsy
casa ra sa ra!! we will see what will be~,patience is a virtue~

4a email from my congressman Empty Re: a email from my congressman Tue May 12, 2009 1:53 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Tell that to those who don't have time to wait, the homeless, jobless, ones unable to afford meds, the ones who either pay bills or buy groceries, the ones losing their homes...most of those are the ones NOT eligible for the great stimulus.

5a email from my congressman Empty Re: a email from my congressman Tue May 12, 2009 1:57 am

gypsy

gypsy
there were homeless ,jobless before obama became president, it all started with the past president~

6a email from my congressman Empty Re: a email from my congressman Tue May 12, 2009 8:46 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:there were homeless ,jobless before obama became president, it all started with the past president~

LMAO ,, i can hardly type im laughing so hard, so the first homeless person appeared when President Bush was elected, ,, i love this, Lmao, want to retract that statement.
go ahead i know u made a mistake, i think i remember 2 or 3 homeless ppl before president Bush was elected, , Rolling Eyes

7a email from my congressman Empty Re: a email from my congressman Tue May 12, 2009 8:56 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
gypsy wrote:there were homeless ,jobless before obama became president, it all started with the past president~

a email from my congressman 682899 I do not believe what I am reading...OMG this is the funiest thing I have read in years...
Jesus H Christ are you smoking crack or just such a Bush hater you can't comprehend how totally stupid you just made yourself sound..,. affraid

8a email from my congressman Empty Re: a email from my congressman Tue May 12, 2009 10:10 pm

gypsy

gypsy
haha no , I did screw up with the wording it was funny~ there have been homeless and jobless during the bush administration and back farther i am sure, nothing new the high jobless started while bush was still in office it is spill over.. . at least Obama is trying to fix it~~~~ but i figured u 2 would ponce on it~

9a email from my congressman Empty Re: a email from my congressman Tue May 12, 2009 11:16 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:haha no , I did screw up with the wording it was funny~ there have been homeless and jobless during the bush administration and back farther i am sure, nothing new the high jobless started while bush was still in office it is spill over.. . at least Obama is trying to fix it~~~~ but i figured u 2 would ponce on it~

well thanks for the laugh anyway, actually there has been homeless, since the beginning of time, but i would imagine, the first ones that actually were seen in the streets,or the ones i remember were the beggars if u will who sat outside city gates, , were in biblical days, but u know this , so u get a pass, lol.. and speaking of biblical, i imagine obamas favorite passage in the bible is , (not a quote ok,im sure i will make a mistake) but
GIVE unto Caesar what is Caesars, and to GOD what is GODs, but obama is trying to figure out who he is, Caesar or God...lol

10a email from my congressman Empty Re: a email from my congressman Wed May 13, 2009 12:09 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
You must have missed his little remark on TV he will work for 75 more days and on the 76th day he will rest...Guess he is implying he is god now..

11a email from my congressman Empty Re: a email from my congressman Wed May 13, 2009 12:19 am

gypsy

gypsy
no he is referring to the news media and republicans likening him to The Savior, i like his little joke I interpreted to mean he wasn't or isn't God..and as a smirk to those labeling him so..

I remember also a past prez referring to himself godlike!!

12a email from my congressman Empty Re: a email from my congressman Wed May 13, 2009 12:22 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:You must have missed his little remark on TV he will work for 75 more days and on the 76th day he will rest...Guess he is implying he is god now..

i saw it ,on tv several times, but forgot, in his thing to the white house correspondence
thing, i believe it was,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum