You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
david Axelrod, the senior advisor to the president, said one name that was thought of for the new dog , was Miss California, he was joking ofcourse but this is one sick
bunch of ppl , i dont know if axelrod is queer or not, but obama seems ok its his ppl that seem weird,does he not support a person to give there honest view on how they feel about issues, as miss california did, this is not just anybody but senior advisor to the president, ( these have been my words)

Axelrod Ruminates on Rove and Miss California
By Bernie Becker
David Axelrod, senior adviser to President Obama.Ron Edmonds/Associated PressMr. Axelrod in March.

In a wide-ranging interview on Thursday night, David Axelrod opened up about comparisons to Karl Rove, the White House dress code, President Obama’s battle against smoking, the First Family’s new dog and even Miss California.

He did this all on a game show.

The senior adviser to the president and former campaign consultant was the special guest on National Public Radio’s “Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me!” which made a road trip to George Washington University in the nation’s capital for an episode that will air this weekend.

Mr. Axelrod – or, as host Peter Sagal called him, “the moustache behind the throne” – was on to play “Not My Job,” in which notable people face pop quizzes about subjects they are totally unfamiliar with. (In Mr. Axelrod’s case, that meant failed historical Utopian movements – or, as the show dubbed it, “No, We Can’t.”)

But before that, Mr. Axelrod played a different kind of mental gymnastics, displaying a barbed wit while both answering and deflecting questions from Mr. Sagal and the Chicago-based show’s panel – the comics Mo Rocca and Paula Poundstone and The Washington Post’s Roxanne Roberts.

At times, the “Rasputin in this magic kingdom,” as Mr. Sagal also labeled him, was dismissive of his predecessors in the White House, such as when he was asked about comparisons to Karl Rove, a chief adviser to former President George W. Bush.

“I always reject that,” Mr. Axelrod said. “I would like to think we’re better than that.”

And when discussion turned to the more liberal dress code of the Obama West Wing, a tieless Mr. Axelrod brushed off criticism from members of the previous administration, saying the country “saw how things went” under those more buttoned-up wardrobes.

Mr. Axelrod was just as happy to turn aside questions from the panel, such as when Mr. Sagal asked him exactly what he did.

“You sound like the President,” Mr. Axelrod cracked.

And Mr. Axelrod had another one-liner ready when Mr. Sagal pressed him about the Mr. Obama’s smoking habits.

“The president and I are close, but we don’t get that close,” Mr. Axelrod said.

Finally, there was the conversation weaving between, of all things, Miss California U.S.A. Carrie Prejean, the same-sex marriage opponent who the panel had already mocked at length, and Bo, the Obama family’s Portuguese water dog.

When Mr. Axelrod was asked how involved he was in the selection of Bo, he jokingly answered that he “only got called in for the final three.”

But as Mr. Axelrod was trying to set the record straight – he actually was not consulted – Mr. Sagal asked about the two runner-ups.

“One was Miss California,” Mr. Axelrod cracked to the audience’s laughter.

Eventually, Mr. Axelrod started answering the questions about failed Utopian leaders like William Dorrell. Mr. Axelrod had to answer two out of three questions to win a prize for a listener – the voice of the show’s announcer Carl Kasell on their answering machine.

And if he failed? Not only would the listener miss out on the prize, but Mr. Axelrod would have to go back and face his boss.

Mr. Obama, you see, won during his “Not My Job” appearance in 2005.

Those interested can find out whether Mr. Axelrod made it two-for-two for the administration starting on Saturday.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Another mental giant...wonder if he paid his taxes ?? i dont unerstand somethings about the obama ppl 477996

gypsy

gypsy
what was wrong with that? many jokes have been targeted to many things, by many people ,some even at the president~ I think this Beauty Queen thing is carried to far.it does not send a good strong message to our young girls.women, that external beauty is important, it is the inner beauty that matters.plus most of the participants now have had their body parts enhanced.. lol!

SSC

SSC
Admin
With Miss California is wasn't about beauty but a moral stand which very likely cost her the crown. I applaude her for standing up to her beliefs about gay marriage. More should take a lesson from her about being strong and not giving in to pressure. Not really a joking matter in my opinion.

gypsy

gypsy
I applaud her also, for her beliefs and standing behind them, but as i said some bad jokes have been made all around,and will continue about everything,and anything~
right or wrong everything is a joking matter these days.

gypsy wrote:I applaud her also, for her beliefs and standing behind them, but as i said some bad jokes have been made all around,and will continue about everything,and anything~
right or wrong everything is a joking matter these days.
No,no,no! I've been around a long time like you, BUT, I am not an idealogue or hater. I don't hate Obama or Bush. This present crew has engaged the office of the presidency in mean personal attacks against many private citzens. Tradionally,that was done by surrogates. But not this crowd. We predicted these mudslingers would run wild in the White House. Well....THEY'RE HEEEERE! The American people have rejected MSNBC and their vicious faggot spokesman who grossly slandered the girl. And why doesn't MSNBC care? Because GE/NBC will make billions when the Demo Congress installs their "cap & Trade" energy tax. Some people will literally freeze to death in their homes when that starts and these corporate thieves don't give a shit. That filth-bag,Al Franken, will represent his party well. A low time in American politics.

gypsy

gypsy
I will say again I hate no one~
a low time for America didn't just now start~ with this new president/ congress/senate~nor did the slander and sleaziness just now start..
I also don't slander her, i applaud her for her beliefs and standing behind them. what i meant was everything is joked about now days, i don't agree with it, was just stating~

SSC

SSC
Admin
Gypsy you are so true about everything is joked about, even Obama himself passed a little joke on the Tonight Show that his bowling score was like the Special Olympics...the crowded loved the joke , he even laughed at himself...only little problem the Special Olympics organization took strong offense to his senseless remark...then of course Obama had to smooth over a very sensitive situation he had created...a real shame to belittle people with special needs for the sake of a laugh....but guess our politicians feel this type of humor is necessary...

gypsy

gypsy
I think it was a mistake, and he really didn't mean it that way,but at least he apologized,I took no offense my oldest daughter had dyslexia, . we all make mistakes not only politicians joke wrongly we all make those foot in mouth mistakes~ i am not one to point out other peoples faults.mistakes~I have enough to deal with myself~unless one is perfect don't throw stones~

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum