Sounds like you had a good time, welcome back! Yo yo hooo 67629

3Yo yo hooo Empty Re: Yo yo hooo Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:52 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Hi I am back
spent three days in Gatlinburg
then a day in North Carolina,toured Biltmore Estate, it was awesome~
its been many years, the kids were still kids then , but we toured the Biltmore Estate .. even back then it was expensive i thought, just wondered what it cost now, i wish now i had spent more time in ashville, i think it has a historic district but not sure what ashville is like, i remember they had made a resterant out of the horse stables adn each stall for the horses had a booth to eat in, it is a huge place, and was so modern for its day., best i remember it was built close to the turn of the century in 1900 and they built a railroad up to it to deliver building material, take care

4Yo yo hooo Empty Re: Yo yo hooo Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:34 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I love Ashville,a pretty city.

yes it was 150 dollars to take the tour,
the stables is a restaurant now,good food..

5Yo yo hooo Empty Re: Yo yo hooo Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:35 pm

gypsy

gypsy
runawayhorses wrote:Sounds like you had a good time, welcome back! Yo yo hooo 67629

Thanks Tyler, yes we had a wonderful time~

6Yo yo hooo Empty Re: Yo yo hooo Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:42 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
wow was that 150 bucks for each person, lol its been so long it was 28 bucks a person, but that was like over 20 years ago, and that was high at the time, did u go to dixie stampede in pigion forge, if so how much is that now,

7Yo yo hooo Empty Re: Yo yo hooo Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:46 pm

gypsy

gypsy
no we didn't go to dixie stampede,we did eat out twice a day,and it was never less than sixty dollars~ but never had a bad meal, very good food in those mountains
we didn't go to any shows, except the biltmore tour .
shopping,we went to forging river and hiked over many miles~,Thank God it was cool` never above 80 all week~

8Yo yo hooo Empty Re: Yo yo hooo Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:34 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I went to the Dixie Stampede in Branson a couple years ago, even with discounts for 2 adults and 2 kids it was 160.00, show was good and so was the food, but my favorite place there was the Titanic exibit, they say there are 4 of them in the US , totally worth finding one and visit it.

9Yo yo hooo Empty Re: Yo yo hooo Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:34 am

gypsy

gypsy
they are building a titanic exhibit in Sevierville.I think~or Pigeon Forge one..

10Yo yo hooo Empty Re: Yo yo hooo Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:01 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
as a child, my dad hardly took vacations, 3 days a year was all, but we either went to panama city which as u know was so much different 50 years ago, or we went to the smokies, of course no pigeon forge then ,, but for some reason my parents always stayed on the Cherokee side of the mountain, but we always crossed over and then went back. why we did not stay in gatlinburg i dont know..last time i was there cherokee was still kinda run down like compaired to gatlinburg and pigeon forge,but its been several years, how time flys,

11Yo yo hooo Empty Re: Yo yo hooo Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:09 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:no we didn't go to dixie stampede,we did eat out twice a day,and it was never less than sixty dollars~ but never had a bad meal, very good food in those mountains
we didn't go to any shows, except the biltmore tour .
shopping,we went to forging river and hiked over many miles~,Thank God it was cool` never above 80 all week~

do yall go to cades cove, it use to seem we went several times with the kids, but once would have been enough for me, we hiked at laurel falls . its like a mile and a quarter one way, im not into hiking much, lol,

12Yo yo hooo Empty Re: Yo yo hooo Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:16 am

gypsy

gypsy
I love the outer parts of each one of the mainstream,like the arts/craft areas,not much on the downtown parts,except for the sights,and restaurants,if you get a chance eat at Bubba gumps! Excellent food, and good entertainment from the waiters/waitress
I so enjoy the arts and crafts, watching pottery made,jewelry from rose petals, and of course painting~I never tire of going there.
back 30 years ago the first time we went,the Indian/native American put on lots of shows,not so much now.

the hiking,bird watching,and plants are my favorite attractions,I am a green/ecology person !LOL

13Yo yo hooo Empty Re: Yo yo hooo Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:11 am

gypsy

gypsy
gypsy wrote:I love the outer parts of each one of the mainstream,like the arts/craft areas,not much on the downtown parts,except for the sights,and restaurants,if you get a chance eat at Bubba gumps! Excellent food, and good entertainment from the waiters/waitress
I so enjoy the arts and crafts, watching pottery made,jewelry from rose petals, and of course painting~I never tire of going there.
back 30 years ago the first time we went,the Indian/native American put on lots of shows,not so much now.

the hiking,bird watching,and plants are my favorite attractions,I am a green/ecology person !LOL
yes we hiked cades cove, an laurel

14Yo yo hooo Empty Re: Yo yo hooo Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:05 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:
gypsy wrote:I love the outer parts of each one of the mainstream,like the arts/craft areas,not much on the downtown parts,except for the sights,and restaurants,if you get a chance eat at Bubba gumps! Excellent food, and good entertainment from the waiters/waitress

yes we hiked cades cove, an laurel

what do u mean u hiked cades cove, its a paved road in a circle in cades cove with churches and cemeterys and griss mills,houses etc, there may be a place to hike to , so i really dont know but i dont think we hiked anywhere there, or maybe we did park and walk to some house or something i forget,last time i was there i dont remember a bubba gumps being there, so its probably kinda new, we did eat at the apple barn place, they had music places to go to going north out of pigion forge, i imagine the construction is just growing and places creeping toward the north on the main road in pigeon forge,

15Yo yo hooo Empty Re: Yo yo hooo Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:28 pm

gypsy

gypsy
yes they have hiking places all over LOL
we went up on the ski lift also.

we ate at the Apple barn last year,I don't hink you can see and eat at all of those places if you went every week LOL

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum