You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"Death panel" Some questions. Empty "Death panel" Some questions. Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:31 am

1,Does "single payer" coverage mean that the taxpayer is to pay all healthcare costs without any limits? 2. If there are limits,who will set them? Doctors or politicians? 3.If the limits set mean some doctors and hospitals will deny elective procedures and treatments to those who have the cash or gold plated coverage,what will others do? 3.Should we expect doctors and/or hospitals to operate at a loss until they go out of business? 4.Will treatment for people with Obamacare be attained at only county and or state hospitals and clinics? 5.Since they will be limited (we can assume) on how much they can spend,must they impose de-facto rationing? 6.If the alloted funds are spent only to treat people with life threatening illnesses, will there be enough left for everyone else? No? 7.Will it be necessary to appoint a board to determine who gets life saving treatment? 8.Will it be inaccurate (but admittedly ugly) to call that a "death panel"? 9.If a loved one DIES due to a board decision can you sue like you can now sue an insurance company? 10.Will doctors futiley recommend treatments that they KNOW their patients won't receive? 11.Will that encourage routine "end of life" counselling"?

2"Death panel" Some questions. Empty "Death panel" Some more questions Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:53 am

11.If your employer's business will become unprofitable if he continues to provide insurance,will he opt out and pay the mandated fine in order to stay in business? 12. Will this add to the numbers of those requiring Obamacare? 13.If it does,as it will, will this REDUCE the cost of healthcare as suggested by the admin? 13.If it can,will you please tell us how? 14.If caregivers can be FORCED to provide healthcare,will that result in good,humane,and effective healthcare? 15.If a doctor,facing severe reductions in pay-outs as now being suggested by the admin., decides to specialize and abandon primary healthcare, who will we see for routine medicine? 16.Will the current shortage in primary caregivers and severe shortage in nurses be compounded by that? 17.If the government decides to alleviate the problem by paying for health care education for doctors and nurses,who will pay for THAT? 18.It takes a minimum of 8 years to train a doctor so how many people will die due to a lack of sufficient primary healthcare during this period? I have more questions,but if you,or anyone, has answers for these,send those answers to your Congressman because they DON'T.

3"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Re: "Death panel" Some questions. Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:36 am

A correction: Question 3 should read: "3.If the limits set mean some doctors and hospitals will deny elective procedures and treatments to those who DON'T have the cash or gold plated coverage,what will THOSE PATIENTS do?

4"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Re: "Death panel" Some questions. Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:58 am

I was wrong in saying that Blue Cross-Blue Shield is a non-profit,co-op entity. It is not. It is a collection of insurers who provide coverage in all 50 states. It has many of the features of a co-op and is the entity that provides coverage to Congressmen/women under the Federal Employees Health Benefit Plan (FEHBP). However, my mother's experience with them has been very positive and they enjoy a solid reputation. I wish I knew more about this type of coverage. I still think,so far,that a "co-op" system that pools the premiums and pay-outs in an endeavor to limit fees and expenses charged by doctors and other care-givers is a viable idea. I think it boils down to whether or not employers can be forced to provide this coverage; whether or not people can be forced to purchase either private or co-op coverage; and whether or not such a plan can be operated alongside existing Medicare/Medicare plans and the many other plans now in use. The issues are way too complex for a "quick fix" and the American people have expressed a loud NO! to government managed and enforced healthcare. Once again,Congress fails to work effectively to provide REAL reform.

5"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Finally,some answers to my questions..... Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:07 pm

...and from a VERY credible source! According to Dr. Ann Doig, newly elected president of the Canadian Medical Association, Canada's universal healthcare system is about to "implode". (her words,not mine) The reasons? It seems there are simply not enough primary care doctors (see above) and there are so many people applying for care in hospitals (see above) that too long waiting lists are the result. OH BOY! I CAN"T WAIT UNTIL WE GET UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE! And since we have about 10 times their population,our problems will only be 10 times as difficult to solve. In the middle of a deep recession. Sound sensible to you?

6"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Re: "Death panel" Some questions. Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:54 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
meemoon wrote:...and from a VERY credible source! According to Dr. Ann Doig, newly elected president of the Canadian Medical Association, Canada's universal healthcare system is about to "implode". (her words,not mine) The reasons? It seems there are simply not enough primary care doctors (see above) and there are so many people applying for care in hospitals (see above) that too long waiting lists are the result. OH BOY! I CAN"T WAIT UNTIL WE GET UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE! And since we have about 10 times their population,our problems will only be 10 times as difficult to solve. In the middle of a deep recession. Sound sensible to you?

obama has already stated the canadian plan would not work here, but i failed to here why he said that, my one question about ur opinions is ur on a government health plan. so if it is so bad , why are u on it?why dont u get off and buy a private policy as u can buy them they do cost alot and u have to pay alot of the bill, as my brother in law that is in his own business pays 400 bucks a month for single plan, and had cancer surgery, and his out of pocket payment were in the thousands of dollars,, his is a single plan since my sister is on another plan at her place of work at a dentist office, through the city she live in a small business can get insurance thru the chamber of commerce no family plans just single plans,, but u have to have atleast 2 ppl at work be on it,so my sister has stuggled to keep someone on it besides her as most that work there husband have family health care. and the dentist has to pay the bill.. so this is a tight wad dentist, he pays the bill but makes my sister write him a check to pay him back, but this is her best option for healthcare, the dentist does pay her well as a dental hygienist probably for 25 year with him,,,take care

7"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Re: "Death panel" Some questions. Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:12 am

"...my one question about ur opinions is ur on a government health plan. so if it is so bad , why are u on it?" /// If you had bothered to ask instead of making assumptions, you would have discovered I am not "on it". If you had bothered to read my previous posts, I clearly said I opted out of Medicare, part B, because only 2 doctors in my town see Medi patients and I don't want to sit in a clinic chair all damn day. I have Medicare, part A because you get it whether you want it or not. If I had a choice where I could opt outta THAT, I would.

8"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Re: "Death panel" Some questions. Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:22 am

PS: If you are so "for" universal healthcare, why don't you take a stab at answering some of my above questions? Surely, if it SO good, you can enlighten me as to where I am I am ignorant of the answers.

9"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Re: "Death panel" Some questions. Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:24 am

gypsy

gypsy
Rosco a question,
we pay 700 hundred a month for secondary insurance, we have part A, what is automatically given when one reaches 65, which is now our primary.I have never understood why we have to have a secondary plan,or medicare will not cover us, I may have misunderstood this though~

10"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Re: "Death panel" Some questions. Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:41 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Gypsy is that the only secondary insurance company that will accept you ? Those premiums are ungodly high. My parents had Blue Cross as a secondary at 94 both with many health problems their insurance premium was no where close to that high. I would do alot of research into other companies, I believe you said once Humana was your carrier.

11"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Re: "Death panel" Some questions. Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:52 pm

gypsy

gypsy
we haven't tried anywhere because we have had humana for 25 years through the Union,we are afraid to drop it because we may not be able to get other insurance.we were notified it will go up again 2010,,we have part A an B medicare. I had my heart surgery before I turned 65 an humana payed over 80%.afraid if we look for something else it would not pay as well` before we retired our business, we paid like only 300 so in seven years this is how much it has gone up

12"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Re: "Death panel" Some questions. Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:57 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
It wouldn't hurt to call around without commiting yourself. That premium is outragious.

13"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Re: "Death panel" Some questions. Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:01 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Rosco a question,
we pay 700 hundred a month for secondary insurance, we have part A, what is automatically given when one reaches 65, which is now our primary.I have never understood why we have to have a secondary plan,or medicare will not cover us, I may have misunderstood this though~

i agree with ssc, now my mom had part b, because to have a supplement u had to have part b, to have her supplement, u know that neighbor who was one year older than me that i said was a straight A student, and went to one of the best private colleges here, and worked for social security office here,and retired early, in his 50s and actually handled my dads , which my dad died then 2 days later his first check came, disablity check and had to be sent back, , well i mentioned to him some person i know said they pay 700 bucks for a supplement, he said most all the ppl he handled were on blue cross c plus supplement and he said 700 buck sounded wayyyy to high,

14"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Re: "Death panel" Some questions. Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:15 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i would call blue cross and inquire about C PLUS and ask if preexisting conditions is covered, i think as i have had to do this, if u come off one insurance, the one u come off of by law has to send u a certificate of coverage (and always ask for this if u come off an insurance,)that if u have been on another insurance for like the last 18 months, or not sure of the amount of time, but if u send them the new insurance that certificate makes preexisting conditions covered, it would not hurt to call as ssc said, but blue cross is taken by more doctors atleast here than other insurances, i have when in the union been on them all and some just use certain doctors, they all were on blue cross,it would not hurt to call and ask, and give them all the details,

15"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Re: "Death panel" Some questions. Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:23 pm

gypsy

gypsy
rosco 357 wrote:
gypsy wrote:Rosco a question,

i agree with ssc, now my mom had part b, because to have a supplement u had to have part b, to have her supplement, u know that neighbor who was one year older than me that i said was a straight A student, and went to one of the best private colleges here, and worked for social security office here,and retired early, in his 50s and actually handled my dads , which my dad died then 2 days later his first check came, disablity check and had to be sent back, , well i mentioned to him some person i know said they pay 700 bucks for a supplement, he said most all the ppl he handled were on blue cross c plus supplement and he said 700 buck sounded wayyyy to high,
scratch the 700 i am wrong,just conferred with jer, we pay 570 it was 670 until we retired ,that still seems high though,the reason i didn't know for sure was jer pays it out of his account

we do have part a an b

16"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Re: "Death panel" Some questions. Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:25 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
u have to have part b before a supplement covers u, but i think ur wrong on having to have a supplement to have medicare, i have never ever heard that ever, and if u pay 700 bucks a month for a supplement, and it only covered 80 percent, for 700 bucks they should cover it all and then kiss ur ass, i dont think my mom had to pay anything , the supplement covered all that was left, her drs co pay was 10 bucks a visit but the dr waved that and did not even charge that, her regular dr, not her heart dr,

17"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Re: "Death panel" Some questions. Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:26 pm

gypsy

gypsy
yes we do have part A an B

18"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Re: "Death panel" Some questions. Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:52 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:scratch the 700 i am wrong,just conferred with jer, we pay 570 it was 670 until we retired ,that still seems high though,the reason i didn't know for sure was jer pays it out of his account

we do have part a an b

is that 570 for ur medicare and part b and supplement. or just for the supplement part, that still sounds high, i would shop around, unless the 570 is for it all,
when we changed insurances we were covered by preexisting and new hires were covered, but we had one insurance at my work that went bankrupt, and either we got on my wifes blue cross, or my company got on blue cross, so i had like 4 months on the bankrupt one, and they sent me the certificate of coverage, and the 2 years before that we were on blue cross, so blue cross said send them the certificate of the one that went belly up, but they told me i was not on that long so i had a waiting period for prexisting, i told them i have never been with out insurance in my life, and before the belly up one i was on blue cross, and i was getting on blue cross, they told me i would need the certificate for the years before so as to erase the preexisting, i told them i was on blue cross, cant u just look up my account and see i was on ur insurance the last 2 years,till i got on the belly up one, she said no i had to have the certificate , so i had to have blue cross send me the certificate of coverage for i think 2 years and then mail it right back to them,, then they sent me a letter that i had enough months so i was covered without any prexisting conditions, lol

19"Death panel" Some questions. Empty Re: "Death panel" Some questions. Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:19 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I know Rosco, so much red tape,one has to go through.
I stayed on the phone for an hour, because Medicare/aid changed daughters blue cross blue shield, because it is fixing to go up,to unicare, no notification what so ever, until we went to fill prescriptions, then we found out anthem wasn't active, finally got it straightened now she has unicare~ that is why a reform is needed one reason anyway..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum