gypsy

gypsy
Don't they vote tomorrow?

2Health Care Reform Empty Re: Health Care Reform Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:10 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Don't they vote tomorrow?

i think its more complicated than that, there will be lots of votes, and lots of changes, made, the house has to have a bill one bill, the senate will have to have one bill, both have just committee bills i do belief. then if both pass something, the house bill and senate bill will go to conference committee to be hammered in to one final bill, THERE is where the changes will be made, i had a copy of this , i will see if i can find it, ..

3Health Care Reform Empty Re: Health Care Reform Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:14 am

gypsy

gypsy
ok, i meant work on it, not finalize it~:)

4Health Care Reform Empty Re: Health Care Reform Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:26 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Here is just part of an article that says how it will go, there is a problem with wanting to make it easier to let ppl not be insured, the insurance companies say, if that is the case ppl will just wait till they are sick and want insurance,i agree with the insurance industry , if it make it easier for ppl to not be on some kinda insurance, if they do get on then they need to pay higher premiums and/or have waiting periods, to get on an insurance, i will paste part of the article after i post the url..NOTE the last sentence ,in this post, not the whole url article, we changed insurance companies just about every year when i was in the union, it always had when a new company an open enrollment,which preexisting condtions were always covered, but if u waited to long till the open enrollment was timed out,if u joined u had a waiting period on preexisting conditions, i probably have been on 10 different insurance companies , most are out or business, but we finally said screw it and got on my x blue cross , it just was more stable and had all drs,,, and im on blue cross now, article as follows..
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091012/D9B9QLO81.html

At the heart of the industry's complaint is a decision by lawmakers to weaken the requirement that millions more Americans get coverage. Since the legislation would ban insurance companies from denying coverage on account of poor health, many people will wait to sign up until they get sick, the industry says. And that will drive up costs for everybody else.

Insurers are now raising possibilities such as higher premiums for people who postpone getting coverage, or waiting periods for those who ignore a proposed government requirement to get insurance and later have a change of heart.

The drama threatened to overshadow Tuesday's scheduled vote by the Senate Finance Committee on a 10-year, $829-billion plan that Baucus has touted as the sensible solution to America's problems of high medical costs and too many uninsured.

The Baucus bill is still expected to win Finance Committee approval. The insurance industry is trying to influence what happens beyond the vote, when legislation goes to the floor of the House and Senate, and, if passed, to a conference committee that would reconcile differences in the bills.

It's at that final stage where many expect the real deal will be cut.

5Health Care Reform Empty Re: Health Care Reform Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:29 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:ok, i meant work on it, not finalize it~:)

the senate finance committee bill will be voted on on tuesday, as of now,,i dont know if it could be delayed i just saw that committee will vote on their bill which is the big dog , on tuesday,

6Health Care Reform Empty Re: Health Care Reform Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:06 am

Good info. Here's some more notes: There are 3 House bills and 2 Senate bills. The Senate vote today will be taken by 13 Dems and 10 Repubs. It is logical to assume they will pass the Baucus plan now under their consideration. The House has already passed HR 3400. Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi will be the "finalizers" This will take a while. Here's my take: Although the admin was constatntly demonizing the "evil" ins. co's., they were actually fully on board. Why? The bills being considered would have imposed heavy penalties for anyone opting out of bying any insurance at all. People like me. That would have been at least 40 million new customers. But those penalties have been reduced. If you are offered the choice of buying insurance you don't think you need for $4000 or paying a $750 fine, which would you do? I know what I would do. To partially make up for the lower revenue for the gov., the new plan is to end the tax credit for what are called "Cadillac" plans. The unions HATE this idea and will not support it's inclusion. Also, despite admin. propaganda, the Price-Waterhouse study claims the same numbers as the insurance industry study figures: The various plans will cost more than proposed. Absolutely nobody but the feeble minded believe all the suggested "healthcare savings" are realizable. Ending corruption and fraud? Why haven't they already done that? How will they do that for existing wastage AND avoid corruption and fraud in the future? A joke. All 5 bills now being considered will NOT insure everybody (the original goal) and ALL will cost a lot of money. The Baucus plan that will be passed today will leave 29 million uncovered,so what is the point? In my opinion it boils down to this: The Dems don't care about the costs,they know they will simply print the money necessary to make up any shortfalls. The Repubs will not accept that reasoning. Wanting government managed healthcare is a legitimate desire but the Repubs believe (know?) the taxpayers will raise holy hell when we get the bill and will deliver payback in 2010. I do too.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum