1My mother. Empty My mother. Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:41 am

Now, Tyler opened this forum for pointless ramblings, so I will indulge. Roscoe,even this will try yer patience. In 1964, after divorcing the last idiot, my mom found herself faced with supporting two "wild and crazy guys", potentially damgerous. Feeding such worthless examples may have seemed useless but being a true woman of rhe GREAT AND GLORIOUS South, she preservered. Welfare was unaccaeptable. Mom went to work in a bar as a "B drinker". She was no whore but she would come home and pull moey outta her clothes like we pull lint outta our drawers. I was also told "I'm not gonna put up with those assholes just to put up with YOU" It was either "go to work,go to school or GO". My momma put me through the first year of engineering school but after that, I HAD to work at nights to put gas in the car and buy books. This was,including all the problems, the best training a handicapped person could have. Now, let's cut to a later time. My mom had worked for the ASPCA for 12 years. She knew and underrstood amimal control. She oversaw and witnessed the destruction of,literally, hundreds of thousands of unwanted and abandondoned "pets". So it didn't surprise me when I saw her tell a HUGE SC highway pratrollman "ETHER TAKE CARE OF THOSE GODDAM DOGS AT MY MAILBOX OR I

2My mother. Empty Re: My mother. Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:38 pm

....OR I"LL TAKE CARE OF "EM MYSELF" OK, I had to come back and finish this. It's Tyler's fault for allowing drunks to post here. In any case,I have a reason for being profane.

3My mother. Empty Re: My mother. Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:11 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I try not to discriminate.. lol!

Good story, your Mom sounds like a strong woman. I hate how many dogs and cats get put down everyday.

As Bob Barker would say, have your pet spayed or neutered.

4My mother. Empty Re: My mother. Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:37 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
when my kids were young we took them to the human society shelter to pick out a dog, they did not have many puppies that saturday, but we saw a grown dog, my daughters liked, and they had a small yard u could take them to and see how u liked them, well he seemed to be a mild mannered dog, he was half weenie dog and half shelty it said, we thought we were going to leave with him, but nope, he had to be neutered. they said come back tuesday,, i said i will bring him back for that cant we just take him home. but they said ppl never bring them back , so we had to wait, he had several problems, i took him to the vet, and after tonsillitis, whip worm, and ear mites , he was ok and never did have to take him back. the county has rabies shots at local places here, close to ur house every so often,, the vet said he was about one year old,, he never once growled or anything at anyone but would bark at other dogs, outside my fence, i built a dog house and lined it all inside with 3/4 inch strofoam ,, and put in a light bulb so he always had a warm dog house, if it was real cold he just got a bigger light bulb, lol, man i miss those days, take care,

5My mother. Empty Re: My mother. Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:06 pm

When we run outta purpose, our last victims will be the elephants. They are obvious targets. Because we are much smarter than they are, we bully them in atrocious ways. Unlike you guys, I am a small person yet I feel no threat when in the company of these animals. This may sound crazy, but I feel that if elephants had just a little more smarts, they could play chess. I have met them. I hope it is they, not the bugs, who inherent the earth.

6My mother. Empty Re: My mother. Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:17 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I think Elephants are magnificent creatures

I love them

I also love the game of chess wish I were a stronger player,..
maybe I will continue to improve~

7My mother. Empty Re: My mother. Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:10 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
meemoon wrote:When we run outta purpose, our last victims will be the elephants. They are obvious targets. Because we are much smarter than they are, we bully them in atrocious ways. Unlike you guys, I am a small person yet I feel no threat when in the company of these animals. This may sound crazy, but I feel that if elephants had just a little more smarts, they could play chess. I have met them. I hope it is they, not the bugs, who inherent the earth.
Crazy?? Nooooooo,,, not at all.

Its my understanding the "meek" shall inherent the earth.

Rush - 2112 part 1