View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Patrick Swayze Empty Patrick Swayze Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:13 am

gypsy

gypsy
Patrick Swayze Heading Back to Work
PEOPLE
Posted: 2008-06-08 12:04:04
Filed Under: Celeb Body Issues, Movie News, TV News
(June 8) - Patrick Swayze is bouncing back: The actor's television project has just been greenlighted by A&E and will start filming this summer.

Swayze, who says he has been responding well to treatment for pancreatic cancer, is set to star in the A&E drama The Beast alongside Aussie actor and former Tarzan star Travis Fimmel.

Get the Full Story From PEOPLE

Photo Gallery

2Patrick Swayze Empty Re: Patrick Swayze Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:05 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
YEP ,, i remember him in ghost, but way back the mini seried North and South, i hope he does ok but only a very very low percentage survive pancreatic cancer i heard one time 3 percent.. who was his mom was she a celebrity,, my mind escapes me, my daughters watched the movie where he was a dance teacher at a summer camp and watched it over nad over, on the tip of my tounge, lol,

3Patrick Swayze Empty Re: Patrick Swayze Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:20 am

gypsy

gypsy
don't know if she was a celebrity,or not, but she thought young men should learn something besides being a sports jock ,she encouraged Patrick to take dance lessons and music,,

the movie was Dirty Dancing` I love that one

4Patrick Swayze Empty Re: Patrick Swayze Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:59 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Point Break

My favorite Patrick Swayze movie was this one which co-stared Keanu Reeves.

Plot summary of "Point Break"

Johnny Utah (Keanu Reeves), is an FBI agent and former Ohio State quarterback who, with his partner Pappas (Gary Busey), is investigating a string of bank robberies. Suspecting a connection between the bank robbers, known as the Ex-Presidents because they use masks of former US presidents, and local surfers, Utah goes undercover to infiltrate the surfing community. Knowing little of the lifestyle, Utah convinces surfer Tyler (Lori Petty) to mentor him.

In the process, Utah develops a complex relationship with Bodhi (Patrick Swayze), the charismatic leader of a gang of surfers who accept Utah into their midst. While Utah goes undercover in the hope of finding the bank robbers, he finds himself increasingly attracted to their adrenaline-charged lifestyle.

The Bodhi/Utah dynamic gets more complicated as Utah begins to zero in on Bodhi as the likely ringleader of the Ex-Presidents. Utah learns that Bodhi and his gang rob banks in order to fund their lifestyle, and as a form of rebellion against a social system that they believe "kills the human spirit". This creates an internal struggle for Utah, as his fondness for Bodhi and the lifestyle he epitomizes conflicts with his duty and responsibility as an FBI agent.

By the end of the film, Utah lets Bodhi seek his own death surfing the giant waves of Bells Beach, Australia.

5Patrick Swayze Empty Re: Patrick Swayze Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:05 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Tyler, that was good one...I also liked Roadhouse with pat and Sam Elliott, another favorite actor of mine~

6Patrick Swayze Empty Re: Patrick Swayze Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:08 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah that was good too. Here a trailer to the movie.

Point Break Trailer

7Patrick Swayze Empty Re: Patrick Swayze Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:25 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:Yeah that was good too. Here a trailer to the movie.

Point Break Trailer

gee how long ago was point break been out,. im sure i saw it but cant remember it, like gypsy i liked roadhouse, glad she said the name, i suck at names lol,

Last edited by runawayhorses on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed the quote background)

8Patrick Swayze Empty Re: Patrick Swayze Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:30 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Point Break was released in 1991, its one of those great late night movies I ran into by accident while channel surfing, and really enjoyed it. :)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum