1School Started the 4th Empty School Started the 4th Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:10 am

gypsy

gypsy
Seems like they start earlier every year, pretty soon there will be no Summer break~

2School Started the 4th Empty Re: School Started the 4th Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:26 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Seems like they start earlier every year, pretty soon there will be no Summer break~

i think schools in our county starts next monday which i think is the 16th,, but the county my sister is in starts thursday, we use to always and my kids i think always started the day after labor day, but they get more small breaks during the year starting earlier, but it sure is a hot time to start now,

3School Started the 4th Empty Re: School Started the 4th Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:39 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Rosco our schools started today, one g-baby in Miss. started the 4th. I am like you we always started after Labor Day but it seems they keep changing the date since Katrina, these kids have tons of days off for holidays etc. They do shorten some holiday time off if we get a storm that closes school, that way the end of school isn't extended. We get out the 3rd. week of May.

4School Started the 4th Empty Re: School Started the 4th Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:38 pm

gypsy

gypsy
rosco 357 wrote:
gypsy wrote:Seems like they start earlier every year, pretty soon there will be no Summer break~

i think schools in our county starts next Monday which i think is the 16th,, but the county my sister is in starts Thursday, we use to always and my kids i think always started the day after labor day, but they get more small breaks during the year starting earlier, but it sure is a hot time to start now,

yes we use to start after labor day, but of course when I went to grade school there was not any air conditioning

plus I lived in Cotton Country, so we were picking cotton and even got out of school for two weeks during the peak of the season/
I don't think they do that now.

also they use to get two weeks here in Kentucky for kids to be out of school to help in Tobacco cutting, they don't do that anymore either.

5School Started the 4th Empty Re: School Started the 4th Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:47 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Correct me if I'm wrong, but those jobs were generally considered Negro jobs. In other words, mostly negros did that kind of work. The white man told them what to do. They were the brains of the outfit.

That would explain a lot for your passion to defend immigrants and negros.

6School Started the 4th Empty Re: School Started the 4th Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:56 pm

gypsy

gypsy
haha ! no Tyler many white people,worked in the fields then,My Dad was the owner of these fields,he was teaching, me and my siblings the meaning of work/hard work

also a pleasure to learn, the singing in the fields,may be thirty people, we all joined in with the Black/Negro, that is what we called that race then. story telling at lunch was wonderful! a lotIi learned in that interaction,I think my Dad every day for that great learning lesson,we are never to good to do hard labor.

Also for anyone who thinks,I may be black, I am not,but what if i were? My Dad,his Dad,and me and my siblings grew up on hard work and building for the furture~

7School Started the 4th Empty Re: School Started the 4th Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:00 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner

8School Started the 4th Empty Re: School Started the 4th Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:03 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Like this??