You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/10/can_alabama_stop_south_carolin.html

South Carolina has plenty of offensive weapons, from freshman phenom Marcus Lattimore in the backfield to junior quarterback Stephen Garcia. Of course, no one should overlook sophomore wide receiver Alshon Jeffery.

Jeffery is ranked third nationally averaging 124.5 yards per game. Saban was asked Wednesday how he can be stopped.

"He has great size, and has been very productive, and they use him very well in their offense," Saban said. "I don't think it's going to be just Dre Kirkpatrick.

The big thing is how do you play the vertical passes? I think the guy is going to catch some passes in the game, but when they try to throw the ball down the field for big plays, which he is very good at, they are very good at, especially in the red zone -- and they must have tried at least five passes to him in the red zone last year -- we have to be able to play the ball and make those plays. And I think with him, eliminating the big play is the most critical thing the corners need to do in this game."

In a 35-27 loss at Auburn on Sept. 25, Jeffery had a career-high 192 yards on 8 receptions.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
The answer was no, i had been worried about South Carolina . now im worried about Auburn, we can build our way back but it will take all the games left. no easy hill to climb. but in the sec, any team can on a good day beat another,

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum