You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Secretariat Empty Secretariat Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:29 am

gypsy

gypsy
Wow! Rosco that is one of the best Movie I have ever seen~:

Last edited by rosco 357 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct title spelling)

2Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:00 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
it is and true, i have watched it so many time actually watched it with my grandson and son in law tonight, i knew u would like it, i love true stories i remember the horse, but not any facts, as it was as i was getting out of highschool and in basic training u dont hear much,, im glad i did not know , it made it more exciting and a great family drama, and the strong will of a wife and daughter,,,this type story does not come along everyday,, i love to have the sound up loud to catch things i would miss and the horses hoofs ,, and i used sub titles, but i always use subtitles, i dont hear that well, one bad ear and a life of loud machines, no mattter how the story turned out it was exciting, glad u liked it and glad u finally watched it, it one for the grandkids, i bought the dvd, my sister is waiting till the lake to watch it with all of us together,,,,

3Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:26 am

gypsy

gypsy
Yes,I loved it, it made me laugh,gave me hope, and made me cry, but in a happy way/Jer loved it LSO

4Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:41 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran

5Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:56 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran

6Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:37 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Looks like a great movie thanks for posting that. I am definitely going to watch that soon.

The other video it seems Secretariat was a bit faster than Man o' War as his record shows. That's OK. Man 'O War was great too. We're just talking about seconds here. I think the training of horses for racing has improved thru the years. With Veterinarians and the food the horses get now days. Secretariat was younger than Man O' War and raced in a different time. But both were great racing horses. We will never know who would have won had they raced. My guess is Secretariat, but who knows. Man O' War liked to stay ahead of the pack, he could have pulled it off, but we will never know. Race Horses are pushed by the other horses, if one comes up behind them they try and run faster. The rider does a lot but the spirit of the horse is thinking about the horse behind him. He wants to stay ahead of the pack and not be passed. That's a quality of a good race horse. Not all horses are like that.

Can't wait to see the Secretariat movie.

When I was a little boy I had a Man O' War poster on my bedroom wall. My Mom bought it for me. I wish I still had it. I bet I could find one online if I wanted to. The ultimate race I'd like to see is Secretariat vs Man O' War.

7Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:10 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
hi tyler, i do hope u watch the movie, that was not the official trailer of the movie so i hope it did not give to much away, i just stumbled across the man of war comparison, did not expect that at all. it was among the sec. vids, they also had some of sec. real races, but that would ruin the movie, i did learn something, the years man of war was in, during world war II i think it was, and sec. was vietnam war, that was in the movie, about her kids protesting the war, but just a small part. as the man said they filmed the races great..hunting vids they also had something about seabiscuit,which was also a movie and and a great horse i saw that movie, but does not compare to secretariat, anway, i know u will love it, especially since u were into horses, and it has a great human story besides the horse. take care, oh if u see it be sure and take time to read all the things at the end about the real ppl and the life of the horse after racing, and it racing record,

8Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:55 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
hear is i think the real trailer

9Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Sun May 08, 2011 9:04 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i rented " The Kings Speech.. i usually dont like english movies, sorry candy, lol, but this one i went to the dvd rating sight and it was rated 95 out of 100 and 93 percent of the ppl that watch it liked it, so i was surprised, i got it out of redbox before i read anything on it, a true story, will let u know, what i think take care,

10Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Mon May 09, 2011 2:12 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i just watched " THE KINGS SPEECH" it was not a thriller , or action , but it was history, history i should have known but did not, im glad i watched if for no other reason than that.. King George VI , the king that took england to war with hitler and the life long speech problem he endured, Elizabeth was his daughter, i think i may have known his brothers story who was king for a short time but resigned to marry a twice divorced
commoner. worth the watch if for nothing but learning,

11Secretariat Empty hello: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:40 am

jonsey

jonsey
I just put on the dvd ''Secretariat'' last night and watched five minutes will watch the balance today... Looking real good.. [i]

12Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:10 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
jonsey wrote:I just put on the dvd ''Secretariat'' last night and watched five minutes will watch the balance today... Looking real good.. [i]

hope u enjoy it jonsey,, take care ,,,, let us know ,

13Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:26 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I guess he didn't watch it yet.

14Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:19 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy, i rented just out in redbox THE LINCOLN LAWYER, with matt, mconehey . it according to where i check is good, will let u know, i like lawyer movies, u can go to
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lincoln_lawyer/
and check it out if u like,

15Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:24 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I would like Matthew in anything/or nothing, umm welloops my mind went gutter LOL... I rented a movie insidious, suppose to be a thriller don't know who plays in it LOL will let you know if it is good:)

16Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:08 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:I would like Matthew in anything/or nothing, umm welloops my mind went gutter LOL... I rented a movie insidious, suppose to be a thriller don't know who plays in it LOL will let you know if it is good:)
ok thanks., redbox if a movie is been around a while rather than not rent for a buck but buy it for 5, i was going to get " ALL GOOD THINGS" i decided to buy it, for 5, its not that old, but the web sight i use to check did not rate it very high,i should have checked first,, my question is have u seen it, ALL GOOD THINGS< this was the first movie that i have clicked that u could buy, i called redbox today, and told them it was scrached, some, he said im a good customer, if there is a problem , call and see what they can do, but i think it will play fine,i cleaned it, and i put it in and ran through all the channels and all the channels were ok,but not sure how it is inside each channel, but i think it will be ok, i will watch it later tonight,i probably will watch it before u read this.,,lol

17Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:12 pm

gypsy

gypsy
don't recall watching all good things~

18Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:36 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:don't recall watching all good things~

ok thanks.. i will let u know,

19Secretariat Empty Re: Secretariat Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:59 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
all things good" the movie held my interest but that was about all, turned out to be a mystery . it may have been based on a true story, but the case was never solved, so i guess some of the movie was speculation, not recommended, .. take care

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum