You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
my words, well President Reagan put Gaddafi in his place and he remained quiet for many years, it seems the uproar in Egypt as i read this is bringing him out, he know no one will bomb his house again,, its going to be a mess over there with gas sky high, wait and watch,this article states Egypt may just be the beginning of the toppling of stable governments in the middle east being toppled,but we shall see, that is why i posted on it when they first hit the street in Egypt,,,hope im wrong,

UPDATE 1-Gaddafi tells Palestinians: revolt against Israel
Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:18pm GMT

http://af.reuters.com/article/tunisiaNews/idAFLDE71C0KP20110213?sp=true

* Libyan leader says refugees should mass on Israel's shores

* 'This is a time of popular revolutions': Gaddafi

* Accuses Western powers of being enemies of Islam

By Ali Shuaib and Salah Sarrar

TRIPOLI, Feb 13 (Reuters) - Palestinian refugees should capitalise on the wave of popular revolts in the Middle East by massing peacefully on the borders of Israel until it gives in to their demands, Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi said on Sunday.

Gaddafi is respected in many parts of the Arab world for his uncompromising criticism of Israel and Arab leaders who have dealings with the Jewish state, though some people in the region dismiss his initiatives as unrealistic.

He was giving his first major speech since a popular uprising in neighbouring Egypt forced President Hosni Mubarak to resign, an event which electrified the Arab world and prompted speculation that other Arab governments could also be toppled.

"Fleets of boats should take Palestinians ... and wait by the Palestinian shores until the problem is resolved," Gaddafi was shown saying on state television. "This is a time of popular revolutions."

"We need to create a problem for the world. This is not a declaration of war. This is a call for peace," he said in a speech given to mark the birthday of the Prophet Mohamed, a holy day in the Islamic calendar.

He also said: "All Arab states which have relations with Israel are cowardly regimes."

Palestinians have long demanded that refugees who fled or were forced to leave in the war of Israel's creation in 1948 should be allowed to return, along with their descendants.

Israel says any resettlement of Palestinian refugees must occur outside of its borders.

ISLAMIST MILITANTS

Gaddafi also issued a call to Muslim countries to join forces against Western powers. He said the world was divided into white, denoting the United States, Europe and their allies, and green for the Muslim world.

"The white colour has decided to get rid of the green colour," Gaddafi said. "These countries should be united against the white colour because all of these white countries are the enemies of Islam."

He said violent acts committed by Osama Bin Laden's al Qaeda network went against Islam because they killed innocent people. But he said there was a political explanation for the emergence of militant Islamists.

"Why did this movement emerge? Regardless of its behaviour, in my analysis this movement appeared in response to the American arrogance towards the Islamic nation and in response to its hegemony of the Islamic world," Gaddafi said.

"It was a response to ... the submission of rulers in the Islamic world, the subservience of rulers in the Islamic world to this arrogance from Europe and the United States," he said.

Gaddafi has for decades challenged what he describes as Western imperialism. His oil exporting country spent years under international sanctions for seeking banned weapons and sponsoring militant groups.

These were lifted in 2004 when Gaddafi renounced his previous activities, though he still frequently deploys his colourful rhetoric against the West. (Additional reporting by Souhail Karam in Rabat; Writing by Christian Lowe; Editing by Jon Boyle)

gypsy

gypsy
just more fear mongering that the pugs and faux does about egypt,even Bill says there is no evidence of Egypt being Anti anything but here is the stupid idiot beck spreadDuring the weekly "At Your Beck And Call" segment on his Friday show, Bill O'Reilly dismissed Glenn Beck's theory about the Egyptian revolution--namely, that it marks the beginning of an alliance between Communists and Islamic fundamentalists and will lead to a new caliphate across the Middle East and into Europe.

Beck repeated the theory to a skeptical O'Reilly, saying that the world is "seeing the beginning of the 'coming insurrection.'"

He said that the goal of the movement was "revolution" and "the end of the Western way of life," and that it would end in a caliphate. He also repeated his assertion that a recent New York Times article had validated this theory, because it showed that the Egyptian revolution was being organized by people from a wide range of political ideologies.

"I don't know if that's news to anyone," O'Reilly said. The Internet, he continued, made it much easier for people to say, "'everybody show up in the square.'"

"It's community organizing on a global scale," Beck said. O'Reilly was still skeptical.

"I know they're not going to be able to overthrow the army," he said. "I don't see that. But you do see it." Then Beck said that the revolution was coming to America and Europe, something which O'Reilly completely rejected.

"I don't see the constituency in Britain, in Germany, in the United States, I don't see it," he said.
Story continues below
Advertisement

"You don't have to," Beck said. O'Reilly said that, even if people tried, "they can't change governments and they can't seize power."

"I hope you're right," Beck said.

"There's no evidence that says I'm not right," O'Reilly replied.

gypsy

gypsy
I have not heard Gaddafi or Reagan mentioned in the Egypt coo!

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
what? this is just an article about what Gaddafi is saying . got nothing to do with fox.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum