gypsy

gypsy
Very Beautiful ,Tyler
love the slides also..

2Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:28 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Thanks, I had to do away with the falling leaves script, it was a choice for me between the falling leaves or the slides, because both use javascript and it was just too much script. In other words the performance of the forum was being compromised in such a way that problems were a possibility, or a problem waiting to happen having both javascripts, so I chose the slides. It was working fine but it was too borderline of possibly causing problems for slower connections. Especially the guests that see google ads which compounds the issue for them because google ads use javascripts. So being a guy that puts a lot of stock in performance, I did away with one of them and kept the slides. :)

Some people put there forum "under construction" during times they are doing page work and upgrades, and by doing that no one can login to the forum during that time until they are completed and take it off construction, I could do that too put I don't want to put anyone out, so I just do it while people are logging in. That's why sometimes you see something and then minutes later its gone, I am testing and tweaking. smile

If I find a way around it I'll bring back the leaves, but I can certainly do more with the slides and its a more functional feature and usable than the falling leaves. Each passing season I'll change the slides.

3Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:47 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
I really like the slides, beautiful pics, great job Tyler !!!

4Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:20 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Thank you! Halloween is up next, can't wait for that!

5Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:52 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Me too, my favorite holiday theme.

6Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:14 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I hope we have good fall color this year, since summer has been so dry, ..but since we have had some rain our dying trees look like they may live and produce a brilliant color..

7Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:54 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well I did something today that I think is an improvement to the forum look. I made it so the image slider on the home page does not have any transparency anymore, so all the images in it look brighter. I don't know if you noticed, but before the pics were semi transparent and you could see a little of the background behind them. Also the forum table borders are no longer semi-transparent. However I like a little bit of the black background in the posts (like this one) to have some transparency, gives it a nice effect. That is what I was really wanting all along was just the posts to be semi-transparent, and today I figured out how. Easy really, just changed part of the code that was .body to .post. Fall Theme 67629

8Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:31 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I noticed this morning, looks awesome, great job Tyler, thanks for all your work here !!!

9Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:49 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Thank you very much that's nice to hear. :)

Yeah the forum looks tweaked and polished now getting that little transparency effect to stay in topic posts, slider looks nicer too and that was what got me started on limiting the transparency to the posted topics. It had nothing to do with functionality it was just a designing adjustment.

Gonna add some Halloween pics to the slider next week or week after next, and today I'm going to add some more Halloween emoticons to the smileys selection. If you all see any cool ones you would like added send me the URL in this topic or PM me and I'll add them.. Fall Theme 533964

10Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:08 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I havent gotten to the new Halloween emoticons yet but I will. Today I added a semi-transparent black background to the forum table on the home page and the topics lists. It makes a nice contrast so its not all just the forum background, and its easier to read with text being on a black semi-transparent smooth surface. I really like it, this as an idea I had a for awhile now, and finally acted on it. Hope you all like it. smile

11Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:12 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Very nice, it makes for much easier reading, great idea !!!!

12Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:17 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Thanks! This to me is by far the best design of a forum I ever done. My best work ever.

13Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:19 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
You certainly can see all the work and dedication you are putting into the forum. Your ideas are always a nice surprise and very appealing to the eye.

14Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:21 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Why thank you very much kind lady.. Fall Theme 67629

15Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:17 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Oh wow I am loving the Halloween look, great slides Tyler !!!

16Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:24 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Thanks! I just now changed them up a little bit, kinda gettin choosey. lol

17Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:35 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
It's my favorite time of year and your selection of slides is really cool !!!

18Fall Theme Empty Re: Fall Theme Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:06 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Thanks! I like your signature too! I saw yours and had to add mine. smile

I got a little carried away in the Calendar section, I posted a Calendar event for Halloween.. lol

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum