You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do you think  color,affects your mood? Empty Do you think color,affects your mood? Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:06 pm

gypsy

gypsy
yes,I do..
For example::
yellow:makes me think of a beautiful sunny day(good mood)
Blue: a quiet, maybe rainy day,when I love to read,
or just sit on my porch and enjoy that fragrance,sound.
Red: Passion! Creativity! Love!

Green: Earthy,clean,refreshing..

would love to read your thoughts, on COLOR!! and its meaning to you..

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Colors can effect my mood too, and often does.

Growing up I was always into colors, I still am today. I have always been a designer in everything I do, from my room growing up as a little boy, to my vehicles that I drove, and of course website designing and development. Colors plays a big part in all of that. The design of something and the colors involved is the process of creating what you have in mind. It is very subjective and something I enjoy. I've always been curious and interested as to peoples tastes, some people seem to have great taste and others not so great. I always wondered why that is. Is there really good taste and bad? Makes you wonder since it is all entirely subjective and personal. Some people are considered by the majority of people to have good taste, and those people if they apply themselves win awards in contests and such, because the majority of people voted for them. Obviously there creations was appealing to them. But what about the people that didn't care for it, are they wrong? I don't think so. I don't think there really is "Good" and "Bad" tastes. I think there is however a majority of people that have the same tastes and that is supposedly considered "good" and labeled as such. But is there really a "good"? Is there a "Bad"?

Some people can create it in there mind and others can't. That's why Artists that paint pictures that are considered to be masterpieces do what they do because they can create it in there mind first and then apply it. Same goes for everything else that creativity is applied to, some are better at that then others, but the "taste" issue is subjective I think. For some reason I have always in my life been considered by the majority to have "Good" taste in what I was doing, be it arranging our house furniture to the customizations I made to the vehicles that I drove, and everything in-between. I say that not to brag because I think it is subjective, but rather to state what I have noticed. For some reason and I don't know why, people think I have good taste. Oh I certainly understand why they might think so, but the underlining reason the majority thinks so is hard to understand. Why some people are considered to have good taste and others are not when it is entirely subjective is the part that is hard to understand.

When computers first hit the scene I was all over it, I use to fantasize about owning one watching science fiction movies, Star Trek was a complete escape for me into a world I wanted to live in. The very first thing I did when I got my first computer was I started learning how to build websites. Within the first 3 months of owning a computer I was already starting to build them. I took to like a "fish to water", it fascinated me more than anything else you could do on a computer. Some people liked to just surf, but I was into creating web pages, it was what I wanted to do with this new computer thing I just bought. I thought to myself I wanted to be the person that creates the sites people go to, so if I do that then I can be creative and express myself artistically that way as opposed to designing a room or a house. But that was just the beginning, because in website designing in order to be creative like no one else and 'really' create and separate yourself from others, you have to learn coding, and its hard. To be really creative you can't use site builders like amateurs do that have per-designed templates that looks like every other site with no modification capabilities and use point and click applications, no, that is not real designing at all but its good for people getting started or if they simply need a page but don't want to design it. But its not being creative to its maxim capability or is it your design, I wanted to be the person that created the templates and modified existing ones, the real designer that uses raw codes. So in order to do that I have to learn all kinds of different coding. But it goes even farther that that. You have to understand the computer and how to run it, you have to understand how programs work, its not all coding, but coding is without a doubt the largest part of it. It takes years of hard work and practice to actually get good at it. Every website developer and designer can remember there first site, and there second one, and so on. Its a non ending learning process that never stops if you don't want it to, and if you keep trying to learn it, it will show in your website creations.

The difference in website designing and an Artist that paints pictures is that in website designing in order to be creative and apply it, you have to learn coding and it takes years. A painter can start immediately with good results if they are talented and have some paint and a brush and a canvas to paint on. That's not to say painting can't be learned in a classroom or in books because it can, but rather if you are talented enough you can do it and teach yourself and apply it immediately with good results. With a computer you must read how to do it and learn it and you can't do it on talent alone because you can't apply what is in your head. That's how I learned, by reading computer forums and asking questions and applying what I learned to what I wanted to create. And experimenting, lots of experimenting.

Well, its early in the morning here and I wrote more than I intended to, but now that its done I'll end it now, hope I didn't bore you. smile

3Do you think  color,affects your mood? Empty Re: Do you think color,affects your mood? Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:13 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Love your insight and reasoning, very well explained.

4Do you think  color,affects your mood? Empty Re: Do you think color,affects your mood? Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:46 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Good Read though Tyler,even though it was long..as an artist I can relate to your post very well,I also think people with creativity,has a broader understanding of life,and the people they choose to relate to..I cannot understand bland,and people with no passion..

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Thanks to both of you. And to Gypsy yes it was long, but for me I'd rather read a long post from a member than a long copy and paste. Do you think  color,affects your mood? 67629

gypsy

gypsy
haha point well taken :)

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
I dislike Yellow and Orange.
Activates my brain too much.

My Fav. col is Green and Turquoise.

Blue is fresh but cold.

Red spells Danger to me.

Black is sombre ....good for funerals.

The Chakras are different cols.
Purple being the highest, so for the clergy.

I prefer Pastel Colours.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

gypsy

gypsy
Color is so very important,can you imagine life with out it,even though Black, and white is also beautiful,but with out color,would it cause a void/sadness.. well no, if we had never experienced it before.. Bless us for having color in our life.

White to me is purity.,which white is really not a color

Black=to me is mystery,elegance, and sometime grief

purple= is splendor,and Regal/Royalty

Turquoise=a beautiful Sea/Ocean

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum