You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Republicans? some for  name change Empty Republicans? some for name change Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:43 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Republican Main Street Partnership, a Washington-based group that has promoted moderate GOP lawmakers and policies, will remove the word "Republican" from its title and welcome center-right Democrats in 2013, Yahoo News has learned.

The organization's board of directors voted Tuesday morning to scrap party identification from its title and be known simply as "The Main Street Partnership." The group's new president, former Ohio Republican Rep. Steven LaTourette, told Yahoo News that he plans to begin conversations with Blue Dog Democrats and centrist groups in the coming months.

"The goal is to try and fill the void that is the middle," LaTourette, who resigned from Congress this year, said. "The American political system is like a doughnut: You've got sides, but you don't have anything in the middle, and it would be my goal to work with Republicans and Democrats who want to find the path forward to getting things done and compromise."

In a statement released Tuesday afternoon, LaTourette added: “While we have changed our name, we have not changed our values or our mission. We will continue to be a right of center organization and continue to represent the governing wing of the Republican Party."

2Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:09 pm

gypsy

gypsy

3Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:03 pm

gypsy

gypsy
one can change the name,but it doesn't get the job done.
.the republican party,needs to be ousted,new Members voted in.
The American people spoke,,and voted a Democrat,Barrack Obama!Salute!

4Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:39 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Hip hip hooray now on to more taxes higher copays and so much wasted money China is about to back off buying American debt now. The 2% tax increase went into action on last weeks pay check, but I swear Obama said no taxes for middle class, lying , cheating and destroying every American in his path and now on to controlling every gun in America. He is a farce and an embarrassment to this country and I will never pledge allegiance to the likes of him. He is disgusting. Only a fool who gives less than a shit for this country would give raises to Congress , Senate and fed. workers while the rest of the country is on its knees, more spending , hopefully it was blocked but he always can pull his executive privilege, or go on another vacation number 26. Enjoy what you have now it won't last long with his dictatorship

5Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:49 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
LaTourette was at the end of his rope, his affair in 2004 and his many issues during his 9 terms had sealed a deal that he was not going to be appointed to a committee he wanted, so he resigned. Not the best reference material I would say. He has a very shady past so no wonder he is the center of a blog, not news worthy just blog trash.

6Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:57 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Really? we shall see! can we see some kind of link/proof of this theory of yours?

7Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:35 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
And just what theory are you referring to Obama the idiot or LaTourette the nut case ??

8Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:24 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:Really? we shall see! can we see some kind of link/proof of this theory of yours?
Links don't make theories correct or are they necessary. Not everything you read on webpage url's are true, so really if you're not posting an article written by someone else a link is not required.

Every thread on this forum is a separate link (URL) does that make everything written here correct? No of coarse not, a lot of sarcasm goes on here and opinions. This forum does not claim to be a news source. lol

9Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:00 am

gypsy

gypsy
Very true! Obama won,,so that means America won!
he*Obama* also was voted the most respected of the world!!
can we put that in the pipe!

10Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:07 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Of course that's just your opinion that means America won, its not fact. A lot of people strongly disagree and feel America lost by Obama's re-election. You don't need a link to show your opinion is supported or do I want to see one, I could post a link that shows the reverse of your opinion, neither opinion is factual.

11Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:19 am

gypsy

gypsy
America won,,They elected Obama..now get out the way repug's so he can do his job

also Hilary in 4 years!!

12Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:24 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
America lost, Romney didn't win as next president, instead Obama got the most votes, but millions of Americans voted for Romney so a lot of Americans feel America lost.

13Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:30 am

gypsy

gypsy
he didn't win!!Romney!! hehee Obama won a landslide..the good man won!! why does that bother you Tyler?

14Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:38 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
It doesn't, what bothers me is how you speak as if all of American's feels America won when they don't. Its not fact America won and not all people feel that it did. A lot of American's feel the best man lost and by doing so America lost.

15Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:48 am

gypsy

gypsy
America!! did win
the democrats won lot of the house

we are on the march to make America strong again!
join! or loose?

16Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:46 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Tyler you are so very right in stating a great deal of Americans feel they lost and America lost. Had the Democratic party been willing to control the debt ceiling, put a budget into place when they had a chance and control the new taxes, many Americans could tolerate the administration, but as it stands the hidden hardships now will come to light and anyone making $50,000.00 will be taxed more, the 2% payroll tax went into action last week, Blue Cross copay for seniors will rise 20%, many medicines and medical treatment will no longer be available. Age will determine treatment. Food costs due to new regulations will soar, milk is already on the rise estimated to reach $8.00 a gallon by mid summer. Businesses will leave in droves going overseas, hundreds already have outsourced for cheaper ways. Immigration is becoming a joke, now Illinois is allowing illegals to obtain a drivers license, it passed the legislature yesterday, wonder if they will change the signs to Spanish ??
This country is headed to a debt no one has ever seen and on the track it is now with uncontrolled spending, another debt ceiling increase there is no way back. Democrats can't even pass something as simple as storm aid with out adding millions in pork, this makes obvious they just don't care, let us fall off the cliff or be so shamed in the eyes of the world our reputation is destroyed.

17Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:12 am

gypsy

gypsy
I believe Obama is better for our country than Romney,would have been..

he Romney had no plan,personality , or a clue, how to run a country.
America saw this, and the biggest part of America voted Obama in.. First four years,
America has improved,the next four will be close in recovering, what we had in the Clinton era..
we need to push together,make America stronger..

18Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:45 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I think thats great Gypsy that you have such an interest in this country and politics, however I have elected not to discuss politics with you anymore because I feel your passions are somewhat over-the-top when it comes to that issue. Having said that I will now ask you to please not purposely try and piss people off by shoving your political ideas and thoughts down there throats. We all can appreciate that you find an interest in politics, but I need not remind you of the trouble you have gotten yourself into before on this forum with the topic of politics.

The saying "enough is enough" is relevant here, we get it, you like Obama. Now please give it a rest and try and post about something else, this forum is really no place to build your fort for your political ideas, party and beliefs, there are better places suited for that. Although this is indeed a general discussion forum that has a "In the News" section, we ask that you use it in moderation and not to extreme.

Ok, thank you

19Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:47 am

gypsy

gypsy
ok that is fine with me.. so does that mean everyone?,just asking?
Who am I pissing off Tyler?
I contribute more than politics.. until next election,I will refrain..

love this forum!

Last edited by gypsy on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total

20Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:50 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I'm not going to answer anymore questions, please move on. thank you

21Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:56 am

gypsy

gypsy
ok!! :)
how is the weather in beautiful Florida??
Love every part I have visited~

22Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:26 am

almajean

almajean
Tyler, I find your comments very confusing. It is obvious that we have two women posting here that have opposite opinions. Gypsy likes Obama and SSC abhors him. I'm not taking sides but it looks as though you are. They both make political type posts but you only chastise one of them. ??

23Republicans? some for  name change Empty Re: Republicans? some for name change Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:32 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
almajean wrote:Tyler, I find your comments very confusing. It is obvious that we have two women posting here that have opposite opinions. Gypsy likes Obama and SSC abhors him. I'm not taking sides but it looks as though you are. They both make political type posts but you only chastise one of them. ??
You're welcome to your opinions and to be confused, I could care less.

This topic is now locked.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum