You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hula hoops Remember? Empty Hula hoops Remember? Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:21 pm

gypsy

gypsy
well ,when I went to my 40th class reunion, the class prez, ask all the majorettes,cheerleaders to come forward, for a little contest, we had to do the hula hoop with some very good music i think it was elvis ,,well it was fun,and a barrel of laughs, we had the complete room in tears~I lost LOL but did come in third.. back when they came out we could hula all day!!

2Hula hoops Remember? Empty Re: Hula hoops Remember? Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:53 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i suck right now at the hula hoop, i remember in our neighborhood a local radio show guy came out he was in like a hugh icecream truck , by that i mean the side opened up,but it was a truck to do a radio show, , well he held a hula hoop contest, and there were about 30 ppl,i lasted for a while but i have a cousin he is my sisters age 3 years younger than me, and i dont know how, he can just do it all day, and never let it drop, adn he won, i actually used that as a trivia question on our family web sight.. remember the later ones that had like little beads that made noise that were inside the hoop??

3Hula hoops Remember? Empty Re: Hula hoops Remember? Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:55 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
does anyone remember the wheelow, not sure about the spelling,

4Hula hoops Remember? Empty Re: Hula hoops Remember? Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:13 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
yes I remember them, it is wheelo..I have one in the attic it must be 40-45 years old, my Mother had packed it away years ago when I moved out. I used to play with it for hours.

5Hula hoops Remember? Empty Re: Hula hoops Remember? Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:09 am

Never heard of a wheelo and I can t find a thing on it.
Is it the same as a jo-jo?

6Hula hoops Remember? Empty Re: Hula hoops Remember? Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:41 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
The classic Wheelo Junior toy. I received this toy as a small child from my grandfather. It has a plastic wheel on a magnetic steel axle. ...
www.geocities.com/dsligar.geo/revol.html

Mays I can't find Jo-jo, don't know what it is but here is a link to show you a pic of a wheelo

7Hula hoops Remember? Empty Re: Hula hoops Remember? Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:47 pm

SSC wrote:The classic Wheelo Junior toy. I received this toy as a small child from my grandfather. It has a plastic wheel on a magnetic steel axle. ...
www.geocities.com/dsligar.geo/revol.html

Mays I can't find Jo-jo, don't know what it is but here is a link to show you a pic of a wheelo
Thanks.
I have seen those things like on the link, but I had no idea, they were called wheelo s

8Hula hoops Remember? Empty Re: Hula hoops Remember? Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:58 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
What is a jo-jo

9Hula hoops Remember? Empty Re: Hula hoops Remember? Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:12 pm

SSC wrote:What is a jo-jo
http://www.ecobos.be/images/40-020.jpg
this is what we call a jo jo and I have no idea how it s being named in English.
We also have the expression Jo jo politics and that means in your language flip flopping.

10Hula hoops Remember? Empty Re: Hula hoops Remember? Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:48 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
we call it a yo-yo

11Hula hoops Remember? Empty Re: Hula hoops Remember? Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:12 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Mays Gilliam wrote:
SSC wrote:What is a jo-jo
http://www.ecobos.be/images/40-020.jpg
this is what we call a jo jo and I have no idea how it s being named in English.
We also have the expression Jo jo politics and that means in your language flip flopping.

hey, i had the jo jo thing figured out from when i sawJO JO,--- YO -YO is what its called in english, gosh they have yo yo contest, mays i have done those all my life, my dad was good at it, they have tricks my dad was better than me, u can make them hesitate, as they dont come back up but spin at teh end of the string, till u kinda give jerk and they roll back up , it all depends on how much u have the string wound up, as to how tight it is on the axle, u can walk the dog they call it, by letting it hesitate adn let it touch the ground and walk beside it as it spins, and move, u can go around the world, by letting it hesitate and make it swing in a circle while it spins on the end, . my dad tought me now to rock the baby, while it spends at the end u form a triange withe the string and at that point it is short and u have it swing back and forth inside the triange u have formed with the string then drop it and give a tug and it rolls back up, the quality of the string is important, DUNCAN was always the main maker of the best yo yo here, they made one called the butterfly yo yo, by simply tuning each side of the yo yo the other way so the larger part was on the outside so the yo yo looked like butterfly wings, a DUNCAN patent im sure, they had ones with rinstone like diamonds enbedded in theside, they had so many kinds i cant even remember them all, but i grew up but each year they got real popular when on tv they had kids in contest, so at school during play period , everyone would be outside yo yoing, if i can find a pic of some i will post, thanks for the memory that this topic brought back as my dad was good, and tought me now to do tricks, but i never was as good as he was,

12Hula hoops Remember? Empty Re: Hula hoops Remember? Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:14 pm

gypsy

gypsy
didn't know it was called a wheelo, but i remember seeing them~ a neat toy, and I must try and remember what we called them`,learning something each day, if in old age LOL

13Hula hoops Remember? Empty Re: Hula hoops Remember? Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:17 pm

SSC wrote:we call it a yo-yo
A bit stupid of me.
I should have realized you use a y, where we write a j.
Like for instance Yemen, where we write Jemen

14Hula hoops Remember? Empty Re: Hula hoops Remember? Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:38 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
http://www.yoyoguy.com/PL/2/29/Duncan-Yo-yos

here is just one of the many web sights if u type in duncan yo-yos on google, go here and notice the i think second one down on the left the price is 400.00 bucks , another place on duncan if u do google had a magnesium one for 450.00 dollars, the black one with fake diamonds i had and i also had the butterfly, and just plain one,s

15Hula hoops Remember? Empty Re: Hula hoops Remember? Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:45 pm

gypsy

gypsy
my mom was a yo yo Champion she could walk the dog, and all the tricks~ she was 13 when she won it, was at the fourth of July celebration in 1936

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i think i was about this good, lol,, NOT<<

17Hula hoops Remember? Empty Re: Hula hoops Remember? Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:04 pm

my great grandfather was a hoopmaker.
not to be used for hoola hoop, but the hoops were placed around wooden barrels.

18Hula hoops Remember? Empty Re: Hula hoops Remember? Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:19 pm

gypsy

gypsy
HAHA ~~THAT IS ONE CHAMPION YO YO ER WOW!!lol

19Hula hoops Remember? Empty Sometimes you just need to WHEE-LO Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:16 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
this was a popular toy. but i think doing by hand u could do more than this demo, it hardly ever goes aroung the end on this demo, check the price, i would wheelo for hours, lol,

20Hula hoops Remember? Empty Hula Hoop Man Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:46 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum