You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bending Space Empty Bending Space Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:31 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
So Moon.....

Can we bend Space as a Dimension to travel faster?

Speed of light in 1 year.
188,000 x 60 minutes
x 60 hours
24 days
365 years

So do we have to travel for 5 years to reach a star?

Is Cirius 5 light years away.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

2Bending Space Empty Re: Bending Space Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:11 pm

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
I'm not certain, but I think Sirius A is 4.3 light years away. It is one of 3 stars in a Tri-Star system.

Both mass and velocity "bend" space.Time moves a little slower at the surface of the sun.Time stops entirely at the event horizon of a black hole.

3Bending Space Empty Re: Bending Space Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:44 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well I've seen on Star Trek they have warp (light) speed capabilities, so it is possible.

4Bending Space Empty Re: Bending Space Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:00 am

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:Well I've seen on Star Trek they have warp (light) speed capabilities, so it is possible.
I will read this with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek,but........there is a mathematical barrier to such movement. As objects gain velocity,they also gain mass. That "weight gain" follows an exponential curve making it ever harder to make it go ever faster. The governing equation is such that all the energy in the observed universe would not be enough to propel a single mote of dust to the speed of light.

There is a solution.If we could transform a dustmote into a stream of light pulses and then reassemble that particle at a distant location,light travel will have been achieved.This has been done with a proton or two.But there is a VAST difference between a couple of protons and the millions of particles in a single bit of dust.

And after centuries of efforts,Scotty could still "beam you up" at no speed greater than light.Bending Space 851965

5Bending Space Empty Re: Bending Space Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:22 pm

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
Candy,I wish you understood the math.Mass increases with velocity.A dustmote moving at 100mph would gain an insurmountable mass limit as it approached the speed of light. It is simply NOT a matter of "going faster".The equations say it would gain a mass greater than the entire universe.The increase is exponential. The lines meet at infinity.There is no such thing.

6Bending Space Empty Re: Bending Space Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:57 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
For Scotty to take us to pieces (despite our massive load of Atoms.)
He would have a hard job putting us back together again.

Theoretically we can bend space.

Anybody who believes in something that is not based on fact is fooling themselves.

Of course Moon is held by gravitational pull.

Of course our Globe goes round as well as going round the Sun
At about 25,000 miles. (Every 24 years??)
Turning 1,000 miles an hour.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

7Bending Space Empty Re: Bending Space Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:05 am

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
Einstein has confused me on this. He refers to "gravitational attraction" yet also says the moon moves in a straight line that follows space bent by Earth's gravity into a circle.Bending Space 477996

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum