Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

SSC

SSC
Admin
Here Are The Top Ways Obama Has Declared War On Veterans
"Is it any wonder we are seeing record rates of suicide?"
Allan Erickson — May 23, 2014

An American 18-year-old steps up to volunteer for military service. After undergoing rigorous training, that young person accepts a duty to protect and defend us, risking his life. Experiencing continuous depravation, this young soldier is paid next to nothing. He is often assigned an impossible task: deploy to a war zone without a clearly articulated mission, fight a mostly anonymous enemy in lethal urban settings or harsh wilderness, submit to rules of engagement that essentially tie his hands making him a sitting duck, smile and win hearts and minds in the name of nation building, and keep quiet when friends are killed by terrorists dressed as allies.

Along the way, various politicians, including the president, issue statements insulting to the American serviceman or woman, compromising the mission and undermining readiness. The media jumps on every propaganda report of alleged atrocity, casting the American military in the worst light. Back home, most civilians are oblivious to the reality on the ground, few having any skin in the game and most complaining about wars that don’t even touch them.

Thus, the American soldier is asked to do the impossible through many deployments; and he is either ignored or insulted. Is it any wonder so many come home with PTSD? ” Is it any wonder we are seeing record rates of suicide? And then, we pile injury on insult.

Elderly WWII Veterans are barred from visiting the Memorial in D.C. for no other reason than the president wants to rub his opposition’s noses in the mud. Not to be denied, those brave Vets of the Greatest Generation pull down the barriers; and as free men who fought for the right, they insist on freedom of movement and expression.

Older Veterans across the country put in for medical benefits they’ve earned, only to be put on secret waiting lists, denied treatment, and left to die. Others who recently returned are shuffled and shifted around by the bureaucracy, denied treatment by sloth and incompetence, and tragically driven to suicide all too often.

All this happens under the watch of an administration populated by people hostile to the American military, people who were informed about problems in the V.A. system many years ago, people (including the president) who simply do not care about the suffering of soldiers who have suffered enough. They do nothing to substantially support our military, and much to undermine it.

A Marine sergeant is imprisoned in Mexico. His life is threatened. He is chained, arms and legs, to a bed for 30 days. He is denied basic human rights and is falsely accused. This president is silent and negligent.
Against the will of most military personnel, this president forces the homosexual agenda on them, injurious to combat readiness.
He undercuts and muzzles Christian chaplains, denying enlisted personnel the assurance and counsel they require.
Telegraphing retreat in Afghanistan, this president puts our people in greater danger, making victory impossible.
Leaving Iraq prematurely, this president squandered years of blood and treasure, humiliating us on the world stage.
Cutting funding to the bone, this president cripples our military, putting all of us at risk.
Funding and arming terrorists in Syria and Egypt (and who knows where else), the president commits acts of treason.
Thanks to failed foreign policy and weak leadership, this president has allowed terrorists to expand their operations, putting the west in greater danger than before 9/11.
Obama once called the SEALS Cheney’s death squad. His DHS stated that veterans present a terror threat. He threatened to prosecute the CIA over enhanced interrogation. He accused Bush of war crimes.
Instead of doing the right thing by our military, Obama builds his civilian national security force, using the fully armed federal monster to seek and destroy political opponents and becoming the first American president more hostile toward Americans than America’s enemies.

We can only pray the brave men in Benghazi will not have died in vain, that the many lives they saved will cry out for justice, and that the traitor in the White House will finally receive the justice he certainly deserves.

Meanwhile, the suffering soldier, home from duty, living in his car, unable to find work, tries for months to get medical treatment he was promised–only to be denied again, another in a long list of broken promises made by a broken president.

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/broken-promises-broken-president/2/#oPewzPxPsdH5pAM1.99

gypsy

gypsy
<

SSC

SSC
Admin
He has no option but to address them he is the Commander in Chief.

almajean

almajean

almajean

almajean

SSC

SSC
Admin

Not all the facts were brought forward, in Louisiana if any person makes more than 125.00 a week they do not qualify for Medicaid, most Veteran pensions are above that amount . There are 21 VA medical facilities in Louisiana alone that give care to all qualifying Veterans, they are also allowed to go to private or state run hospitals for medical emergencies once stabilized they are transferred to the closest VA facility , treatment and transport is billed to the VA not the Veteran. I don't know other state regulations but I know all about La.

gypsy

gypsy
Guess we would have to see that chart of figures..My God 125.00 a week, and your against raising the minumum wage?

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:He has no option but to address them he is the Commander in Chief.
of course he is Commander In Chief, some forget this,that alone should merit respect he was elected two terms,Umm) not appointed/ I believe he is correcting the long neglected Veterans,the Vets seem to agree~I believe 18 is to young to join armed services. you have to be 21 for most legalities

SSC

SSC
Admin
At 18 you still must sign up for selective service, my husband as were many was 18 when he joined the Navy and went to Vietnam. It took many years for the VA to finally be acknowledged as having a problem in 2008 it was Obama who cited issues during a political rally, then it was swept under the rug again.

gypsy

gypsy
I didn't think selective service is in effect anymore. I know there is no draft, will have to ask my grandsons if they had to sign up for selective service. MY God SSC that was very long ago Viet Nam war!

What was swept under the rug SSC.  your not making sense. So your making Obama at fault when he wasn't even born yet LOL

gypsy

gypsy
So true,good post and facts Alma.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Think you are getting lost again, I said in 2008 Obama acknowledged the problems within the VA system and it would be a top priority if he was elected president, until this was blown open his promise was no more than cheap campaign propaganda.

gypsy

gypsy
as I have posted many posts on veterans pleased with Obama, he is doing what he can, but Congress has to pull their weight also. don't you see that concept SSC?

SSC

SSC
Admin
I see him threatening to use his pen and phone on things that are important to him, obviously the VA issue was not important, he at any time could have issued an executive order but chose not to.

gypsy

gypsy
oh yes he will use the pen,republican will pitch a bitch I hope he does, and with everything else the republicans have vetoed, that would benefit our country. I am glad he used his authority many presidents have, would you like to see that record?

SSC

SSC
Admin
To bad the Dems blocked the Rubio bill that would have been a great help to the Veterans, but heaven forbid they close a loophole on illegals this close to the 2014 elections, it is all political and no one is caring for the very people who laid their lives on the line when asked to.

gypsy

gypsy
Rubio is an idiot, and what he proposed Bernie Sander s shot it full of holes, look it up SSC

SSC

SSC
Admin
of course Bernie is going to block anything to do with immigration , he is an Obama lap dog and has to do what the boss says and that is don't piss off Latinos before an election, just let them keep using the medical system as they want.

gypsy

gypsy
this wasn't aboout immigration, Sander I i believe is no ones lapdog, you seem to use that term very loose.SSC

SSC

SSC
Admin
Call it like I see it, he was against Rubio's bill because it included closing a loophole allowing illegals to use medical facilities and benefits

gypsy

gypsy
your wrong the bill was about Veterans. that was what the complete topic was about

SSC

SSC
Admin
CNN Anchor Breaks Down as Parents of Vet Treated at Phoenix VA Facility Read Their Son’s Heartbreaking Suicide Note on the Air
May. 30, 2014 10:29pm Jason Howerton
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/30/cnn-anchor-breaks-down-as-parents-of-vet-treated-at-phoenix-va-facility-read-their-sons-heartbreaking-suicide-note-on-the-air/

Iraq War Veteran Daniel Somers survived over 400 combat missions only to return home to a “system of dehumanization, neglect, and indifference.” He ended up killing himself last year after receiving treatment from the now infamous Phoenix VA hospital.

On Friday, Somers’ parents appeared on CNN to discuss their son’s tragic demise and the reality many veterans face in the United States after returning from combat.
CNN

CNN

They also read some of Somers’ heartbreaking suicide note on the air. In addition to writing that his body had become “nothing but a cage, a source of pain and constant problems,” Somers also outlined the painful truth that results in the deaths of veterans every single day:

“Is it any wonder then that the latest figures show 22 veterans killing themselves each day? That is more veterans than children killed at Sandy Hook every single day. Where are the huge policy initiatives? Why isn’t the president standing with those families at the State of the Union? Perhaps because we were not killed by a single lunatic but rather by our system of dehumanization, neglect, and indifference.”

[...]

“I derive no pleasure from any activity, everything simply comes down to passing time until I can sleep again. Now, to sleep forever seems to be the most merciful thing.”

Both of Somers’ parents and CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin were fighting back tears after the reading of the gut-wrenching note.

Somers’ parents explained that their son and to wait three months to get any treatment at the Phoenix VA because the facility confused him for a member of the National Guard. He was then directed to the Department of Defense hospital before the Phoenix VA finally agreed to give him car. Even then, Somers still experienced problems, the parents said.

National Review has the video via CNN:

gypsy

gypsy
I guess all of it will come out,and those involved in the VA will have to answer for it. but blame goes farther than Obama. umm you brought my attention to Glen Beck having this site LOL guess we have to wait and see what is true.

SSC

SSC
Admin
I totally agree it goes much farther than Obama, my thing is 6 years ago he acknowledged there were problems in his campaign speeches yet nothing has been done , now problems are showing up all over the place, a damn shame this had to happen to veterans, the very ones who were willing to put their lives on the line, and then come back to this type of treatment. To me there is no excuse for this to happen.

gypsy

gypsy
Glad we agreed, on this, I believe Obama will work hard to correct this VA problem.I do believe the Republican Congress needs to back him, an help instead of pointing fingers. They are as much to blame as anyone, they can't cut funding for our veterans and expect things to work,if you make wars you take care of our veterans

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum