You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty McCain condemnation upstages Bush Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:42 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
McCain condemnation upstages Bush
By Edward Luce and Andrew Ward in Washington

Published: August 11 2008 19:33 | Last updated: August 11 2008 23:55

It took four days and a growing chorus of criticism from conservatives before George W. Bush on Monday matched John McCain’s tough stance on Russia. Having on Monday morning again been upstaged by the Republican presidential candidate, who had called for the US administration to come together with its allies in “universal condemnation of Russian aggression” in Georgia, Mr Bush finally followed suit.

In a late afternoon statement following his return from the Olympics in Beijing, Mr Bush accused Russia of a “dramatic and brutal escalation” in Georgia with the aim of overthrowing its “duly-elected government”.

- Aug-10Oil prices fall while war in Georgia continues - Aug-11The statement, which was noticeably tougher than the administration’s previous comments on the crisis, followed a phone call on Sunday from Dick Cheney, the vice-president, to Mikheil Saakashvili, the Georgian president, in which he said that “Russian aggression must not go unanswered”.

But it was Mr McCain who set the initial tone with a strong statement last Friday several hours before official word from the administration – and then again on Monday morning with a shopping list of tough policy responses for Mr Bush. These included shoring up support for Ukraine, which hosts Russia’s Crimean fleet, and steps to protect the Caspian pipeline that runs from Azerbaijan to Turkey via Georgia – all allies of the US.

“Russia’s aggression against Georgia is both a matter of urgent moral and strategic importance to the United States,” said Mr McCain. “The implications go beyond their threat to a democratic Georgia. Russia is using violence against Georgia, in part, to intimidate other neighbours such as Ukraine, for choosing to associate with the West.”

By Monday Mr Bush’s initial response – which he made at the Beijing Olympics on Saturday, where he expressed “grave concern” about Moscow’s “disproportionate response” to Georgia’s troop movement – had been replaced by a more stark assessment echoing Mr McCain’s broader alarm about Russia’s intentions.

It followed conservative criticism of the administration’s allegedly tepid response to the crisis. Earlier John Bolton, the former US ambassador to the United Nations now at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, said: “What is interesting about the US response is that you have the McCain campaign in one corner immediately understanding the significance of Russia’s aggression and in the opposite you have the Bush administration standing with the Obama campaign taking a much more diluted stance.”

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c3508ce2-67d1-11dd-8d3b-0000779fd18c.html

2McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:12 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:yep All we need is to get involved in another war~ God Help us!!

oh good griefl ,, we are not going to war with russia, lmao., this is just back and forth junk, just posturing our position , is all,,, u think we would enter a war with a great nuclear power, this all will be worked out calm down,

3McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:18 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I deleted it, didn't want to get involved on a second thought..I wasn't quick enough.., but I can see u couldn't let it go`u pounced on it~ I know that..I hope we don't get involved.. but i was being sarcastic Duh!(Sigh ) shaking my head~~

4McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:29 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:I deleted it, didn't want to get involved on a second thought..I wasn't quick enough.., but I can see u couldn't let it go`u pounced on it~ I know that..I hope we don't get involved.. but i was being sarcastic Duh!(Sigh ) shaking my head~~

nope u must get quicker i guess,or not post at all

5McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:31 pm

gypsy

gypsy
haha yes i imagine u would like that~ well I guess i will post as long as i can, maybe u shouldn't be so quick on the draw!! Cowboy! McCain condemnation upstages Bush 729264

6McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:35 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:haha yes i imagine u would like that~ well I guess i will post as long as i can, maybe u shouldn't be so quick on the draw!! Cowboy! McCain condemnation upstages Bush 729264

well i will admit im damn good at things but reading ur mind as to if ur going to delete a post of urs is even past my great gift, lmao, maybe i should wait a week to see if u change ur mind, but by then my point would have already taken place on the world stage,

7McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:44 pm

gypsy

gypsy
haha it wasn't even a minute, but hey, whatever,like i said on second thought I didn't want to get into a debate with u.. bye ,it aint worth it and it changes nothing on anything~ take care Cowboy McCain condemnation upstages Bush 393252
8:42 is when u posted about it the war post, I had deleted it before u answered it ,and that was what almost 30 minute time frame there~ oh well !!

8McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:49 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
its ok u will figure it out one day,,remember us cowboys are quick on the draw, lol
see i was a cowboy at 4 years old,,,with a broke finger,

McCain condemnation upstages Bush 4yrsold-1

Last edited by rosco 357 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

9McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:01 pm

[quote="rosco 357"]
“Russia’s aggression against Georgia is both a matter of urgent moral and strategic importance to the United States,” said Mr McCain. “The implications go beyond their threat to a democratic Georgia. Russia is using violence against Georgia, in part, to intimidate other neighbours such as Ukraine, for choosing to associate with the West.”

Do we have a reliable source from which to learn what factor plays the largest role in determining the difference between the aggression Russia is using against Georgia and the violence/ aggression/ genocide China exercised in Tibet? study

What do you suppose that "factor" might be, Rosco? McCain condemnation upstages Bush 530120

Last edited by FIGI on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To Tell Rosco what a cute little boy he was !)

10McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:11 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Rosco you were a darling little boy McCain condemnation upstages Bush 822189 ...and mighty quick on the trigger...lol

11McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:17 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well im not real sure, it will take a long time for china to come full circle, i still remember ppl saying the way to get along with china is to do business with them, well that seems to be working ,maybe as they become more dependent on the world for its economy they will be swayed by world opinion toward them,,
i have not followed the georgia mess, i do know russia is getting pissed off at countries close to them wanting to join NATO,, and georgia had a pro western president..i was sitting in the hospital surgery waiting room when breaking news came on the rooms tv and thought russia is in Atlanta, lmao well

12McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:17 pm

gypsy

gypsy
SSC i agree he is mighty Quick,on the trigger, i have seen this cowboy pic at least 20 times~ lol!

Last edited by gypsy on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to tell he was a cute boy)

13McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:33 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:SSC i agree he is mighty Quick,on the trigger, i have seen this cowboy pic at least 20 times~ lol!
so ur counting urself as lucky i take it, lmao.,,, nowww gyp, 20 how about 3 at buttermilk. has buttermilk survived the price of gas,, ,,wish they could have tapped into the gas that was there, methane,lol, i have to stop laughing i got to go watch some tv, im a working cowboy, nite

14McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 pm

gypsy

gypsy
well counting other times u sent it,eMAIL..!, maybe at least 10!! yes buttermilk is doing well~ nice of u to ask, should have stuck around : :nodding:yes methene was bad,, but the company moved on, now it is not~ McCain condemnation upstages Bush 415675

15McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:57 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I love old family pics, maybe a suggestion to Tyler on his return for a place to post them McCain condemnation upstages Bush 530120

16McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:00 am

gypsy

gypsy
SSC would'nt the image gallery be for that? I love old pics too, but i don't have a way to get them here, u have to have a copier right?

17McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:19 am

SSC wrote:I love old family pics, maybe a suggestion to Tyler on his return for a place to post them McCain condemnation upstages Bush 530120

SSC, I would think under Gallery Section, New Topic would be all that was required to start a family album. Of course, Tyler is a whiz kid so he may have a fancier way he would like to do it. McCain condemnation upstages Bush 67629

Just a thought.

18McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:21 am

ECHO !!!!

Sorry Gypsy. I was in the process of posting at the same time. McCain condemnation upstages Bush 67629

19McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:23 am

gypsy

gypsy
haha thats ok Figi, we all sometimes do that~

20McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:30 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Duhhhhhhhhh..I didn't even think about the image gallery, been a long day....I down load pics to the computer, not real good at scanning then downloading, I use a memory chip then insert it into a chip reader and down load, I have taken closeup pics of some old ones and got them on the computer that way. A computer whiz I certainly am not.

21McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:52 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:well counting other times u sent it,eMAIL..!, maybe at least 10!! yes buttermilk is doing well~ nice of u to ask, should have stuck around : :nodding:yes methene was bad,, but the company moved on, now it is not~ McCain condemnation upstages Bush 415675

oh i think 10 is a bit much, but the rest of ur post is excellent, credit where credit due,

22McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:57 am

gypsy

gypsy
why thank u,, there is a nice response left in u rosco. glad u moved on~ was a good thing

23McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:04 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:Duhhhhhhhhh..I didn't even think about the image gallery, been a long day....I down load pics to the computer, not real good at scanning then downloading, I use a memory chip then insert it into a chip reader and down load, I have taken closeup pics of some old ones and got them on the computer that way. A computer whiz I certainly am not.

that was a scanned cowboy pic, i scanned tons, as we have a family web sight, my uncle ran, and each one of the 8 uncles and aunts and tons of cousins post pics, each has albums, so i scanned a lot, of our old family pics, u should see easter in the 50s, lol.. and my mom and dad when dating, all huged up on a fender of an old big 30s or 40's car, i had a harder time with this new all in one copier , scanner, so i got my old software i was use to and installed it on this pc, and it runs this new scanner, alll in one thing, so i can do them now, but i have done most of them, i bet i have well over 200 pics on the pc

24McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:06 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:why thank u,, there is a nice response left in u rosco. glad u moved on~ was a good thing
well i probably have some hannity and combs left in me, on issues, but like i said a cute post,

25McCain condemnation upstages Bush Empty Re: McCain condemnation upstages Bush Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:10 am

gypsy

gypsy
SSC I am getting a lot of old photos put on cd, a friend of mine is doing it, My Sis had a bunch done for moms funeral~when she and dad dated and us kids growing up.. they were wonderful` something we will all us kids treasure..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum