You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
yes i joined the army national guard in 71, i was in the second year of the lottery, my number was 140 something, that year they drafted to 125, so i was not going to be drafted, i spent 6 years in a mechanized infantry unit and took my basic training and MOS at a vietnam training center, fort polk LA. my mos was light weapons 11b1 . i qualified on everything from the armered personel carrier, 50 caliber machine gun. m16,, m14, m60 machinegun, claymore mines, c-4 explosives.real handgrenades, m79 grenade launcher, m203 grenade launchers, 45 cal pistol , bayonet training,escape and evasion, compass cource, i had no idea if my unit would be activated to vietnam until vietnam ended while i was still in, i got my discharge in 77

Last edited by rosco 357 on Mon May 19, 2008 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
u still did'nt answer, what noble cause?

i think all one had to do was view the iraq ppl tearing down the statue of sadam, to realize the noble cause of freeing a ppl that had been under his dictatorship,his chemcal attacks on his own ppl in the north, and try to bring democracy to a ppl . i will admit this is hard to do , especially since iran . is letting terroist pass through their country to iraq,, and things they use. nation building is not easy or something we should choose, i still feel it was from bad intel on wmd, plain and simple, all sadam had to do was abid by the UN resolutions,
but about all that can be said on this subject has been said. but we have one candidate that would not be afraid to fight there, the other one he will run against im not sure he is even proud to be american, his wife finally is proud for the first time in her life.. as she stated, of course we dont know if she is proud or just saying she is. to not damage her husbands chances in the fall, but we shall see.the irony of this candidates middle name is both astounding and funny,

Let's look at 3 cases: 1. Roscoe is not up for the draft, so he volunteers for the ANG. He serves, and throughout his enlistment, he could have been called up at any time. 2. Sheehan volunteers for service and joins. Whether or not the invasion had occured is irrelevant. He gets killed. 3. My brother is in Frankfurt and volunteers for Vietnam. He didn't do it for any "noble cause". He got a promotion and haz duty pay. He saved his $$$ and bought a 65 Vette when he got home in 69. He was injured (not wounded) and receives VA dis. 3 very different stories. 3 heroes. The libs and Bush bashers want it both ways. They "support" our troops, but apparantly, only the dead ones. The live ones who didn't get killed or happen to get called into actual combat must be malingerers, shirkers, cowards, like Bush, right? A woman who only "supports" dead troops is a user. It's shameless exploitation.

Those democrats suck bigtime, but what's most annoying about American politics and the army is the liberal and self - destructive way they handle everything. In a strong country the liberals and the shitty media shouldn't be given so much power, and liberal elements should be exterminated from the army too. I'm not saying the Iraq war has a noble cause, but it was a good plan to get cheap oil, but with all those chimps and parasite democrats, the army can't achieve much. In Europe too, all the governments are gay, so America can't achieve much in this atmosphere.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i got hit with this in the face when i signed on AOL , on AOLs welcome screen,

I read all the posts and it is good to see people opening up !

Marc, we are friends and on my part, I don't see that changing, but it does not mean that we will agree on everything. Our life experiences have been different, although similar in many ways. What has Bush done for America?   (Lest we forget.) - Page 2 586187

When we had the boards on IYT, I was always amazed that few would post references or sources. It does annoy me to see a 9 yard dissertation without one source listed. Proper research commands that we do that. Otherwise, what do we have? Fox News? There are time lines of the events posted on the web. Obviously, I appreciate opinions as I posted one man's opinion and added my comments. Sometimes it is best to agree to disagree and move on.

As far as troops, oil, no declaration of war, administrative power, support or lack there of, those are all rehashing for many of us. In my home, we support the LIVE troops. It is too late to save the dead ones. War is hell and people die including civilians. That is nature of WAR.

We have a son returning to Iraq for a third tour of duty. (This tour will only be 400 days) He has been home with us for 10 days, but on May 21, he is returning to Iraq. HE believes in what he is going over there and we respect him for his devotion. His life could depend on our encouragement and emotional support. We are proud of the man he has become. We tell him at every opportunity. When he returned from Iraq about 20 months ago, he wasn't in very good shape. I am hoping he will be more careful and that he has his head better prepared this tour. One can only hope!

Both his biological father and his adopted father (my hubs) were 19 years old when they served during the VietNam war. The difference being they were both drafted. In the same summer, educations were put on hold and off they went. They had no knowledge of one another until I noticed his 13 year old son in the worst of places. It was apparent that he was not capable of managing his own life much less meeting his obligations to a son. We were capable. What a challenge!

Son needed to learn more self-discipline, so we encouraged him to join the armed forces when he finally graduated high school just short of becoming 19. He has been in some branch of the military since 1994. He was in the Marines for 6 years, then reserves and took some time for higher education, then joined the Army.

Anyway, he always KNEW what his job would be if war broke out. We wanted him to be prepared, but few, if any, are totally prepared for actual war experiences. Are they? NO. We cope by considering this to be the career he chose with our encouragement. A JOB rather than some politician's idea of heroism should he die in the process of fulfilling those requirements.

HE is supported 100% by us. In all honesty, we have felt like the worst of hypocrites as we try to avoid discussing the war. He is willing to go wherever he is needed. He loves what he does and he feels he is making a difference. That matters a great deal to us.

(With the last BIG hug I received he made a promise....I WILL see him and hug him again soon after 400 days have come and gone! ) What has Bush done for America?   (Lest we forget.) - Page 2 167625

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i dont know why some keep on talking about the Presidents military service, he flew jets in the national guard.. OH one thing, the President is not running in this election incase one may forget, lol,, we have one running with a war record, his dad adn grandad were admirals, so macains dad being an admiral he was offered by the vietnamise a ticket home., but he did not take that ticket, he said rules state, u leave as u came, and there were soldiers in hanoi prison of war prison, that had been there longer than him. i think he was beaten for not taking the way out,, but not sure, i do know as yall know he had multiple broken bones from his crash, and spent 5 and a half years in what was called the hanoi hylton., now we are so interested in our present presidents military service, lets talk about obamas military record, ,, well he does not have one, im sure u saw him in that outfit with head wraped and all, he did not serve, unless im mistaken,
but put a rag on that head of his and he would make a perfect CIA spy, heck he would not even have to change his name , he is a natural, lol,,

Last edited by rosco 357 on Wed May 21, 2008 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guard wrote:Those democrats suck bigtime, but what's most annoying about American politics and the army is the liberal and self - destructive way they handle everything. In a strong country the liberals and the shitty media shouldn't be given so much power, and liberal elements should be exterminated from the army too. I'm not saying the Iraq war has a noble cause, but it was a good plan to get cheap oil, but with all those chimps and parasite democrats, the army can't achieve much. In Europe too, all the governments are gay, so America can't achieve much in this atmosphere.
I like the way this woman thinks!!!

rosco 357 wrote: we have one running with a war record, his dad adn grandad were admirals, so macains dad being an admiral he was offered by the vietnamise a ticket home., but he did not take that ticket, he said rules state, u leave as u came, and there were soldiers in hanoi prison of war prison, that had been there longer than him. i think he was beaten for not taking the way out,, but not sure, i do know as yall know he had multiple broken bones from his crash, and spent 6 and a half years in what was called the hanoi hylton.,

I would like to know how many missions McCaine carried out before he was downed. Help me find it, Rosco! What has Bush done for America?   (Lest we forget.) - Page 2 67629

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
McCaine carried out 23 war missions over Hanoi.

Where did you find that Tyler? What has Bush done for America?   (Lest we forget.) - Page 2 67629 I have located three sites with info, but nothing mentions how many.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
john macains military record, just keep scrolling, many pages,
many thanks to figi , who sent this to me
What has Bush done for America?   (Lest we forget.) - Page 2 X_docs_Decision_McCain_vsmall

http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres/330F85C7-5982-4B09-A46A-373964430AFB/0/Document.pdf

Last edited by rosco 357 on Tue May 20, 2008 12:38 am; edited 2 times in total

"Marc, we are friends and on my part, I don't see that changing, but it does not mean that we will agree on everything." /// Anyone reading our recent exchanges may get the impression that we are at loggerheads over serous differences. I wanna say here that there is no one person who I have messaged with and played games with that I hold more dear than you. If our exchanges become hurtful to you in any way, just say the word and I will "STFU". Dig?

Yes, some readers might think we are ready to go ballistic. Hopefully, that will never happen as it is a matter of respect with us. I like that.

In turn, if I get outta line, PM me with a "STFU" and I will consider it! *grin*

Huggssssss

41What has Bush done for America?   (Lest we forget.) - Page 2 Empty Michelle Obama Tue May 20, 2008 5:30 am

Speaking of "the chicks have come home to roost": Well,well,well. Some of us truly old people like me remembers when the busses in Atlanta had the sign right by the driver that said "Colored people, please seat to the rear of the bus". Fortunately,with much moaning and groaning, we Southerners relented and started (trying) to end such nonsense. All outside signs of bigotry,by law, have been removed,torn down, and rebuked. I must ask this Michelle: What will it take to make you proud of your country? A speech by your husband? Bigotry contained deep in our hearts will not just go away. We can't legislate "right thinking". We all hold some prejudices in 300 million ways. These individual differences,as unavoidable as they are, have become the poison in the cauldrons of the hate mongers such as Jeremiah Wright. Little did we know that black preachers,politicians, and black "communbity leaders" were fostering hateful,lying,bigoted propaganda designed to feed upon the inate differences we all have. We white people have cruised along thinking "we have done what we had to do, without attempting to legislate the very soul, we can do no more". So we now learn that we have NOT done enough. Tell us Michelle, what more can we do? LOVE each other? Does the Constiturtion require that? I heard a black scholar say yesterday evening "racism remains a serious problem in America". How so? One could say that "laziness" is a problem too. Should we pass laws saying "Thou shaltl not be lazy"? Of course not but we can structure our society so that industry in our pursuit of happiness is rewarded and that has been done in this country like it has been in no other country in history. The Wrights of this world,knowing that some prejudice is in the hearts of virtually everyone,have found their calling: Call up our differences, expand them, LIE ABOUT THEM! Slavery is still a problem alright. The slavemasters are the Wrights, the Jesse Jacksons, and others, beating the drum of racial hatred and false doctrine. As the muslims are taught that non-muslims are "infidels" and Jews are "pigs", white people in this country must be "bigots" according to those personalities I just mentioned. Now Barak would have the media not even call his wife to task in any way for her anti-American statements, She is to be allowed to speak sourly about her country and her neighbors with no argument. To hell with her. I hope she is reminded of every stupid,brainwashed, dishonest statement she has ever made and I hope it helps cost her husband the election.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
its almost unbelievable, she was that stupid to make that remark, anyone would know it would hurt her husband in the fall in the general election,, she is not stupid, so it must be so instilled in her heart the hateful feeling she harbored,that only her husbands winning some states, in the primarys brings out pride? her education did not bring out pride? her wealth?after obamas book? did it not bring out pride of a free press, in a free county? i still do not believe my ears, or how ppl are glassy eyed by this man of hers.
i just after buying at walmarts 5 buck huge basket of dvds , i had saw it before, but years ago bruce willis,so i bought " TEARS OF THE SUN" and there are thousands of these type thing going on in africa, she should be down on her knees thanking what ever she worships or beliefs in that she is in america. and be so proud that it would be hard to stop the tears, im still amazed, africans cutting off breast of raped women so they could not feed there babys, but all for the idea, because it killed the women , so it was symbolism, he may win or not but will never have my support or any respect, and he is not fooling me, listening to rev. wright for 20 years, and only putting distance between them after the vidios of rev. wright rantings...became public, astonding ,,

Last edited by rosco 357 on Wed May 21, 2008 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

gypsy

gypsy
what did she say? my goodness~ to bring out such anger?

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
when obama won some states, she said for the first time in her life, as an adult she is proud of her county,, its in the vidios, that are posted in 2 places, its been in the news for weeks, she also made other remarks perhaps some person will post them , i may tomorrow, its late, take care.
i think macains wife said well she has always been proud of her country,, but its on teh vidio, made by the tenneessee republican party, that i posted on this sight, vid vault adn bottom of page 2 before figi poste on page 3 about her son i think

"On Wednesday, NewsBusters' Noel Sheppard noted the following comments by Michelle Obama in her recent New Yorker Magazine profile by Lauren Collins:

Obama begins with a broad assessment of life in America in 2008, and life is not good: we're a divided country, we're a country that is "just downright mean," we are "guided by fear," we're a nation of cynics, sloths, and complacents. "We have become a nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day," she said, as heads bobbed in the pews. "Folks are just jammed up, and it's gotten worse over my lifetime. And, doggone it, I'm young. Forty-four! She also said, "for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country." /// (This is so typical of the liberal crowd. They HATE their own country. NOTHING is right about America. Bigotry! Poverty! Homelessness! People dying on the sidewalks for lack of health care! All crap, of course, but they don't care. Once we get rid of GW, heaven itself will settle upon us and we will be in the promised land))

Last edited by meemoon on Wed May 21, 2008 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)

gypsy wrote:what did she say? my goodness~ to bring out such anger?
You mean it wasn't reported in that Al Queda wrag, Al Jazeera?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum